• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Two foot steel plate does not equal "capable" at 1k.

Not sure I understand ... if he wanted to hit a 24" target at 1000 yards and he was doing it consistently, I would think it's capable. That is well under 4 MOA, a basic standard for the military.

I guess it depends if you are trying to shoot a frog, a dog, a man, a tank or a building at 1000 yards.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    So, wife and I booked a flight, hotel and car for a trip to Gainesville for the Grassroots Motorsports 2013 Challenge.

GRM challenge is a blast. Our team (Team Gutty) won the challenge in 2009 and "retired" from the competition.

Some buddy's brothers and friends built a car this year, an 88-91 Honda Civic sedan converted to all wheel drive, turbocharged, painted and front end redone to mimic an older Subaru WRX.

I've never made it to the race, mostly due to work, but also because I hate the idea of flying and am disgusted by the thought of sleeping in a hotel bed, or anyone elses bed for that matter.

I didn't have a hand in this car, but we're going for fun anyways. It will be the first time I've BEEN TO an airport, let alone get on an airplaine, first time I've stayed in a hotel, and the first time I've left IN/IL/MI since 2004 when I went camping in the Ozarks by myself for a weekend.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I dunno if I've asked before, and it's a long shot. I scrapped all of my old motorcycle frames and parts a few years ago when I ran out of room.

I need a functional front end for a bike. Doesn't matter what kind, just has to be more sturdy than a bicycle. Moped/scooter might even work.

Project needs to stay kind of quiet, it's for a pit bike race next summer so long story short, I'm making a pit bike/toy and I need the steering assembly, front wheel, and brakes from something with a single front wheel. Half a frame is fine.

I'm sure someone, somewhere has one they're willing to get rid of, I just haven't found it. Kicking myself for clearing out my stash. Not looking for free, but the closer to free it is, the better.

Last edited:

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    Jedi I really hope our loser Bears will win on Monday that way all of my fudge packer fan friends can shut up and we can laugh that they lost to a backup qb

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Time change might have effected my insulin... cause I could eat all kinds of carbs this morning and not worry about high BS.... but other than that I'm still sleepy..

If I make it to the open carry I might bring a rifle....

Got rid of the savage 22, replaced it with the Ruger American Rimfire and enjoying my decision...

Jedi.... bolt guns put bullets on top of bullet holes and are a lot of fun to tinker with...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Aw man that's the last thing I need to find Jedi... I'm a bit over extended at the moment from outfitting my wife with some ccw stuff and myself bow hunting....

Boy do I love cabelas...

The correct website is Black Friday 2013 | Black Friday Ads | Black Friday Deals | BFAds.net
    Ads for many of the stores have already been scanned.
    :xmad: that the stores are now doing thanksgiving day sales as well. WTF!!!

Not sure I understand ... if he wanted to hit a 24" target at 1000 yards and he was doing it consistently, I would think it's capable. That is well under 4 MOA, a basic standard for the military.

I guess it depends if you are trying to shoot a frog, a dog, a man, a tank or a building at 1000 yards.

Is 24" the right size for a man size target at 1000 yards? If so then I saw that is a winner right there.

I guess you didn't see this video, huh?

Yes and I will continue to say bbboooorrrrriiiiinnnnngggg.
    Yes that kid has skills with the bolt but not everyone will reach that level.

Jedi I really hope our loser Bears will win on Monday that way all of my fudge packer fan friends can shut up and we can laugh that they lost to a backup qb

No clue really I have not watched a bears game since they lost to :puke: colts at the superbowl and before that I had not seen a game since they won the super bowl back in '85. I listen at work via co-workers if they won or lost and read the headlines but that is my extend of it.

Well the time change sucked! My boys were up at 0530..... I was up at 0445.....:(

You should give them the sadclownwp approved night time drink of choice...

tumblr_m8q8fnvfnJ1qfjx0co1_500.png

If you can't find that other approved sadclownwp drinks are...
    011155421_nyquilcherrycoldflu.jpg

and if you are real desperate then...
    liquor%286%29.jpeg

Jedi.... bolt guns put bullets on top of bullet holes and are a lot of fun to tinker with...

meh... i'm not ooooollllllddddd like ya yet!
    Yes one day I will have to wear glasses to see and will enjoy a bolt gun but not yet.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I need a good scope to see that target at 1000 yards and the prairie dogs of course too... I don't think that has anything to do with my age though... now the creaking back and pain in all my joints is probably age....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom