• Status
    Not open for further replies.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Not sure I understand ... if he wanted to hit a 24" target at 1000 yards and he was doing it consistently, I would think it's capable. That is well under 4 MOA, a basic standard for the military.

I guess it depends if you are trying to shoot a frog, a dog, a man, a tank or a building at 1000 yards.

That can't be the standard for guys running bolt guns with scopes. I'd think they'd have higher standards than that.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    That can't be the standard for guys running bolt guns with scopes. I'd think they'd have higher standards than that.

You would be wrong, the only standard I have for this rifle is if I can have fun with it or not. If I wanted to hit a quarter at 1000 yards, I would have thrown a lot more money at my setup.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

You would be wrong, the only standard I have for this rifle is if I can have fun with it or not. If I wanted to hit a quarter at 1000 yards, I would have thrown a lot more money at my setup.

Ok ... didn't want to start a quarrel here. :) I was only asking about what "capable" meant, that's all.

Sadclown pretty much puts in perspective. I would be ok with a 1K yard, 2.5 MOA bolt gun setup that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Besides, he never said that he was all over that 24" steel plate. He just said that he was hitting the plate at 1000 yards. For all we know, he was putting all his shots inside of two inches. :dunno:

Peace to all.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    :facepalm: at the south rising again.
    in its wildest dreams maybe...
    what will occur is the locus, plaugue will just consume the south as it moves southwards and a new 'line' is drawn. in our generation that new line will be that 'illiana highway'. that will be the new north/south divide.!!

That won't be completed for like 20 yrs...I'll be well l south h of that bye then!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    :facepalm: at the south rising again.
    in its wildest dreams maybe...
    what will occur is the locus, plaugue will just consume the south as it moves southwards and a new 'line' is drawn. in our generation that new line will be that 'illiana highway'. that will be the new north/south divide.

And I will still live on the correct side of that divide!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ok ... didn't want to start a quarrel here. :) I was only asking about what "capable" meant, that's all.

Sadclown pretty much puts in perspective. I would be ok with a 1K yard, 2.5 MOA bolt gun setup that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Besides, he never said that he was all over that 24" steel plate. He just said that he was hitting the plate at 1000 yards. For all we know, he was putting all his shots inside of two inches. :dunno:

Peace to all.

r u a troublemaker!!!!! c what u started!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    On to shameless plugs and usefuel reminders:

Picture7-1.png

Thursday evening, November 14th, 6pm to 9pm, the 1101 Cigar Lounge (aka "NWI INGO Clubhouse") will host another OPEN CARRY night and will be featuring a guitar player and Torano Cigars.

torano.jpg

As is normal, Open Carry is optional. Cigars are optional.
    Gun talk is mandatory. There is no cost to attend.

Is there any interest in making this a "rifle show" type of event where you bring in a rifle to show off? It might mix things up a bit instead of just having handguns on our hips, we could clear off some counter space and show off some long range game getters, target poppers and zombie killers.

image_zpsc6f18fc7.jpg

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Directly from the Lowell Police Departments Facebook page:

**FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE**

On Friday, November 1st, 2013, the Lowell Police Department was dispatched to the scene of a burglary at a residence in the 500 block of N. Nichols Street. The burglary is believed to have been committed at approximately 12:30 p.m. A witness stated he observed a white male with a thin build wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans acting suspiciously in the area. The suspicious male is described as being in his late teens or early twenties. Forced entry was made through the residence's front door and a firearm and jewelry were reported to have been taken.

This burglary does not appear to be related to the burglaries reported October 21st and 22nd. A suspect has been identified in at least one of these burglaries and numerous charges related to it are expected to be filed at the conclusion of our investigation.

We are asking anyone with information regarding any of these burglaries to contact Detective David Lee or Assistant Chief James Woestman at (219) 696-0411. Anyone observing suspicious persons or vehicles are asked to report them immediately.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom