Not open for further replies.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Welcome ironSy! :cheers:

I see jedi is still ranting and raving about his POS Windows machine. Some people never learn. :laugh:

Well the state fair was better than I thought it would be. Had a good time. The little one loved the monster truck show! Probably gained 10 pounds eating that waaaay overpriced fair food but boy was it good!

Washed both cars, cut the grass and laid some more timbers today after getting back. I'm beat.

ironSY395

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Valpo
    Thanks I'm looking forward to meeting everybody at the shoot on the 18th and the eats on the 25th. Heard a bunch of good stuff about y'all but ill be the judge of that. wish I had a pic of judge dredd for a caption. I AM THE LAW:p

FaintAttack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2013
    Munster
    Morning, ladies and gentlemen! Since I'm completely new here,
    I was just hoping I could get the information for the Meet & Shoot and Meet & Eat for August
    before I go back to pretending like I know what's going on. Hahahaha.
    Thank you!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Morning, ladies and gentlemen! Since I'm completely new here,
    I was just hoping I could get the information for the Meet & Shoot and Meet & Eat for August
    before I go back to pretending like I know what's going on. Hahahaha.
    Thank you!

Morning!
    Save this link:
    2013 NWI Events

It shows all the upcoming events for our area.

Meet & Shoots in AUG - NOV for this year
    Meet & Eat in AUG
    Open Carry Cigar Night next one will be in SEP
    Project Appleseed is coming to NWI as well in SEP and NOV

We also have a group buy for berry's plated bullets if you are into reloading.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-group-buy-nwi-berrys-plated-bullets.html#top

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Here is another post with a ton of useful links
    Useful Links

BTW :welcome: 2 :ingo:
    I see you are one of the 'good guys' a thug NORTH of US-30! ;)This is our voting order for NWI.
    Here is the old post:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ingo-general-post-part-2-a-2.html#post2850500

Voting Order
    LAKE COUNTY - North of US 30 = 1 vote
    LAKE COUNTY - South of US 30 = 1/2 vote
    PORTER COUNTY = 1/4 vote
    South of the K-River = 1/8 vote
    Elsewhere in NWI = 1/16 vote

Penalities
    GLOCK owners = MINUS 1/4 vote
    PINK item holder = PLUS 1/4 vote
    Kouts residents = MINUS 5 votes
    SJ residents = MINUS 10 votes

:laugh:

ironSY395

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Valpo
    I'll give you PX4me's points if you kick Wild Duece (aka The Snob) when you meet him.:rofl:

Dont know who that is yet but ut is a possibility maybe just a shin kick though,and ill have to add its from you so I dont get popped in my shin by a bullet

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wild Duece lives in St. John. St. John is know as snobville around here. Bill B was falsely arrested there a few years ago (2011 i think) and when he showed the popo his LTCH they told him "you people" :rofl: so since then anyone from Hammond is called "you people". There are a few other St. Snobs on here as well by we love to kid WD all the time. :p Oh BTW he is our local Project Appelseed go to guy. If you have yet to go to one, he can make sure you are good to go. Everyone should go to at least one of them. It's a great project to teach you basic rifleman skills and see how well you can really shoot a rifle.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Wild Duece is our local Project Appelseed go to guy. If you have yet to go to one, he can make sure you are good to go. Everyone should go to at least one of them. It's a great project to teach you basic rifleman skills and see how well you can really shoot a rifle.
    Coming from a guy that has never been to one. :p

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    So if some one bumps your WTS thread to ask a question can you still bump it 24 hours after your last bump?
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...07057-marlin-model-336-caliber-30-30-win.html

The 'other guy's bump" is not considered a 'bump' so the clock does not restart with his question. You can only bump your own thread every 24 hours. I got a violation answering a question that was asked of me in a WTS thread because I did not wait 24 hours from the last time I posted to that thread.

HADRIAN'S WALL journey across England June 2014: UPDATE

Goy back from a 4 mile brisk morning walk. Its actually pretty cool outside this morning, it will be a nice change from the hot sunny conditions in which we have been walking.

SHOES:
    The lovely Mrs_Bob's new purple KEEN walking boots seemed to have treated her very well on her first outing yesterday. She wore socks that bunched a bit, but caused no problems. She's got a problem with swelling of one of her ankles under some conditions and that didn't seem to rear its head after our walk, so she is happy with her purple boots.

I've been alternating between a pair of Merrell trail runners and a pair of KEEN walking shoes. The trail runners are too soft and too responsive for use on the asphalt route that we have been walking. They are great on the grass, but my feet take a serious pounding after a couple miles on the too hard surface of the road when wearing the trail running shoes. I'm giving up on those and sticking with the KEENs.

TRAINING:
    Our route is 3 miles long on rolling hills around our home, we are looking to push that out to 4 miles. We've been working to build up for this. 2 days walking, 1 day rest, 2 days walking, 1 day rest. We don't typically walk on Monday & Wednesday because those are Fencing days, but today we are making an exception because the weather is so nice this morning that we can't pass up the opportunity to walk in cool sunshine. So while our normal route is 3 miles, we bumped it up to 4 miles today.

Looking to start carrying a backpack with about 10# of water/gear toward the end of the week. Again looking to build slowly with that, need to get over the sensitivity around the hips and over the shoulders where the straps will spread the weight of the pack. Although rarely a source for causing blisters, the straps from a backpack can abrade the skin and cause serious irritation if its not toughened up over time.

FIRST AID
    Starting to look at first aid needs. I'll probably buy a first aid kit and then customize it for hiking needs. Add some moleskin, some skin glide, some???

KNIFE:
    I found an old Swiss Army knife that will go on the trip. Its inexpensive so if it is confiscated it won't be a loss of anything valuable. Pretty basic but it covers the needs. Got the all important CORKSCREW for picnic wine bottles, a basic blade for cutting salami, can opener and a bottle opener. Oh and those silly little tweezers and a toothpick too. Should serve my needs. Wish it had a philips head screwdriver, but it doesn't and that is not a deal breaker.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So if some one bumps your WTS thread to ask a question can you still bump it 24 hours after your last bump?
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...07057-marlin-model-336-caliber-30-30-win.html

Sure you can but expect to get an INFRACTION. Then you can join DansGotInfractions on the list. We will chnage your name to InfactionHoosier.

The serious answer is NO!!!

Here is the rule you will be breaking.
    3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may bump it once in a 24-hour period. This means that no less than 24 hours after the last post in the thread, you may add a "bump" to allow your post to come back to the top to be noticed. DO NOT try to get around this by posting "replied to all PMs" or something similar. If a potential buyer asks a question, you may ONLY answer it in your original post or as your 24 hour bump. Remember you may only bump it 24 hours after the last post. If your item is SPF(sold pending funds) you must edit your first/original post to state that but do NOT bump your ad.

Since someone 'bumped' it for you by asking a question you now have to wait until that last post (the user with the question) turns 24 hours old before you can bump.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The 'other guy's bump" is not considered a 'bump' so the clock does not restart with his question. You can only bump your own thread every 24 hours. I got a violation answering a question that was asked of me in a WTS thread because I did not wait 24 hours from the last time I posted to that thread.

Did you answer as another post? If so then again per rule #3 you got hit becuase you have to answer questions in your ORIGINAL POST as an edit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom