melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Walking across England along Hadrian's Wall from North Sea to Irish Sea

HADRIAN'S WALL WALK ... training update:

Did a 4 mile practice walk today. The hill coming back up to our driveway was a killer.

Other than that it was a pretty easy walk . . . except for the encounter with the German Shepard Dog.

Lady who lives right at the end of our route was outside with her two GSDs. On our way past her home one of the dogs comes running about 50 yards into the soybean field, before he decided we were not a threat. We continued to our turn around point and could see the dog turn back and go up to the lady. We turned and began our homeward journey and the lady and 2 dogs were going away from us, and were about 75 yards off the road between her home and garage. The one dog turned and started toward us again, running hard. This is a big German Shepard Dog! Lady shouts a couple times, dog doesn't even slow. Dog hits the edge of the road and I point my finger at the dog, shout NO. Dog STOPS. In the mean time the lovely Mrs_Bob is tugging at me and screaming. Lady is screaming more for the dog. I stare at the dog, finger still pointed at his nose, he comes into the road (this is only a 2 lane country road) and I shout NO! again never breaking eye contact. Lady is now screaming, dog is not happy and sees I am not backing down. Dog backs down and runs back to lady.

When dog is back to her she shouts over and apologizes. Lovely Mrs_Bob accepts apology. I almost said, but did not say, "that dog will be shot next time. . . " but I left the words in my mind instead of letting them pass my lips.

Perhaps a walking stick/staff would be in order for this trip? I could have my brother-in-law buy one for me over there, and then pick it up from him upon our arrival.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Well this sucks! Went to doctor for two week inspection of ankle, found out four more weeks before next appointment. Stir crazy is going to set in. I wish it was my left ankle, then I could drive easier. God, I hate crutches! I suspect there will be therapy after that. One hell of a vacation I have going on here!

Venting done.
    I'm on my 2nd weak of PT for my left ankle. It's been six weeks and it still swilling up but not as bad as when it happen.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I get the pink thing. It takes a real man to wear pink. But, MAN, alot of his other comments, WOW!

--in a high squeaky voice---
    which ones?
    :rofl:
    ----
    On that same note 2 years ago when I hosted the HAM RADIO beginner's class at my house we had a member (from LAPORT) come out and he was shocked. He told us, I fully expected to see a 100% flamboyant homosexual guy hosting this. He was referring to me BTW. :laugh:

I do my best boys and girls.
    BTW have you heard of my unicorn?

Yup! :facepalm:
    But I think he will go the route of JFK. Many insiders of the church are not very happy with him and my bet is the 'church mafia' is gonna take care of him. He is taking way too many risks for the establishment to be comfortable with.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ah but the people love him.

He is shaking up the church in some ways, but he's far more conservative than many suspect. Just because he won't judge "you people" doesn't mean that he is embracing the gay lifestyle, endorsing gay marriage, etc.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN

He is shaking up the church in some ways, but he's far more conservative than many suspect. Just because he won't judge "you people" doesn't mean that he is embracing the gay lifestyle, endorsing gay marriage, etc.

I hate to agree with Jedi but, did not the people love JFK? I am too young to have known anything about him other than through history classes.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

I c what u did there! :xmad:
    BTW it's not gay its homosexual lifestyle.
    Gay is a fluffy make everyone feel good PC term. The real term is homosexual.

I hate to agree with Jedi but, did not the people love JFK? I am too young to have known anything about him other than through history classes.

^this! JFK came and went long before I was born. The people may love this new pope but the people have no control of the Roman Church. Those cardinals will make him go bye-bye if he steps out of line. It is not unheard of in the Church's history.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    BTW I found my old post with what Jedi's Unicorn looks like.
    A million PINK LEGO bricks to whomever finds me my unicorn.

Jedi's unicorn = Japanese with green eyes, freckles and boobs
    About as close as I have found has been her
    asian_redhead.jpg

But she needs eyes like these
    %5Bpictures.4ever.eu%5D%20redhead%20with%20green%2  0eyes,%20freckles%20153347.jpg

or these
    tumblr_m9grfklztK1r4ly1uo1_500.jpg

and that would be my kryptonite.

And before you say such a creature is not possible look at this.
    real-life-asian-ginger-922-1294178063-17.jpg

and
    [video=youtube;6JIlUQXnCi8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JIlUQXnCi8[/video]

It is genetically possible but EXTREMELY unlikely.
    But as acteaon says we can always build her :rofl:
    - breast enlargement
    - fake color contacts
    - red hair dye
    :whistle:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Samsung and Apple have been locked in around 30 lawsuits around the world over the last three years. In one of them, the ITC in June sided with Samsung and ruled that Apple infringed the technological patents of the Korean electronics giant and banned U.S. imports of Apple's iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad 2, which are assembled in China.
    Just sayin...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    But Jedi, does he have boobs?

:facepalm:
    hum... you can go find out if you like...
    :wrongdoor:

Jedi.......

Women are *******.

Red haired women are evil *******.
    I have it on good authority.

Like duh!!
    Gingers%20steal%20souls.jpg

I can't find the other image right now about how redheads will no steal or break your heart but crush it and drink it's blood while you die.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom