• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Looking for some advice on a knife so I STARTED A THREAD IN THE OUTDOOR SECTION, any help would be appreciated => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d-~-without-violating-their-restrictions.html

My wife and I are planning a trip to walk across England, along the ancient path of Hadrian's Wall that separates the historic border between Scotland and England. The trip will start on the East side of the nation at the North Sea, will span that nation all the way to the Irish Sea on the west side of the nation.

I want to carry a knife across England.

But I'm afraid of running afoul of their knife laws.

UK KNIFE LAWS as per Wikipedia => Knife legislation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Knives and hiking go together like peanut butter goes with jelly. Whether used for cutting a piece of cord to replace a broken shoelace, or used for slicing a chunk of salami for lunch, a knife is just a useful tool and is more than handy out on a trail, even a trail that passes close to civilization.

I'm not talking about a BIG knife, I'm actually thinking more along the lines of a typical "Swiss Army" style knife or a "Boy Scout" type knife.

But even a "Swiss Army" knife seems like it can get you into trouble if it has a blade of 3" long. Apparently its also considered an 'offensive weapon' if one of the blades 'locks' into place, even if the blade is UNDER 3" long. This also applies to LEATHERMAN style multi-tools. A 'lockblade' makes a knife much safer to use and keeps you from cutting off your finger, but somehow that safety feature is a feature that ciminalizes the knife under English law.

Ideally I'm looking for a knife with a blade that is 2.75" long, has a corkscrew, a can opener and a bottle opener. With nothing that locks and that will hold its edge for a week or two. Bascially I'm looking for a knife that is considered USELESS in the good old U.S. of A. but that basically skirts just under the English knife laws. As a bonus, I'd like a philips head and flat head screwdriver bits, but that may be too much to ask, and is not a deal breaker.

This would be a bare minimum, but I'd hate to spend money buying it since I'd likely never use it at home. I've got other knives that I'd be afraid would be confiscated so I don't want to take them and lose them. Any advice?
    8861086810142_SAK_53652_000_S1_62314_tif_1.jpg

This would work too. Don't need the scissors or small blade.
    8843032789022_SAK_53389__000_S1_51215_psd_1.jpg

I'm a big fan of BOKER knives and this one, which is available with oak, plastic or stag scales, is one of my favorite 'scout' style knives. I can't find any feature on this that would make it run afoul of the English knife laws. But these are too expensive to have confiscated. I've got a bunch of BOKER knives, love them all.
    110182M.jpg

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    This hobby is getting expensive. My DMR is nearly complete. I just need a mount for my scope and to drill on my stock to make an adjustable cheek piece. If the ATF gets around to it I'd like to have my can as well.

The end result is going to be awesome!

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    So this old guy at church today said he's gonna give me a 22 pump rifle (whatever that is) to give to my son. Now I just gotta find some ammo....

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Jedi, where'd you get the pics of my ex's.

224981.jpg

or
    bloodsucking-evil-devil-woman-someone-once-asked-me-why-i-li-demotivational-poster-1258304549.jpg

but I do prefer this devil woman. :drool:
    ee2203ea-f674-4439-a1f2-f46ab19277b9.jpg

BedazzledMoviePosterUSA.jpg

how can I become a site supporter

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...berships-here-read-become-site-supporter.html

Although you already have 42 posts. You should be able to PM people already, and 8 more and you will be able to participate in online classifieds and welcome people.
    They just want new people to contribute and let people know them. You're doing great already. Some people try things like "ok", or "great", and try to race for the classified.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom