Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Rule #3 may seem silly but it's done to ensure you thread does not keep getting placed at the very top while you answer questions. It would be "unfair" to have yours at the time while others have to wait 24 hours to bump theirs. The MODs know that you can NOT control if a potential buyer asks a question or series of questions from buyers thus bumping you to the top.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Sure you can but expect to get an INFRACTION. Then you can join DansGotInfractions on the list. We will chnage your name to InfactionHoosier.

The serious answer is NO!!!

Here is the rule you will be breaking.
    3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may bump it once in a 24-hour period. This means that no less than 24 hours after the last post in the thread, you may add a "bump" to allow your post to come back to the top to be noticed. DO NOT try to get around this by posting "replied to all PMs" or something similar. If a potential buyer asks a question, you may ONLY answer it in your original post or as your 24 hour bump. Remember you may only bump it 24 hours after the last post. If your item is SPF(sold pending funds) you must edit your first/original post to state that but do NOT bump your ad.

Since someone 'bumped' it for you by asking a question you now have to wait until that last post (the user with the question) turns 24 hours old before you can bump.
    And this is where I disagree with you because you can answer the question on your 24 hour bump.

3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may bump it once in a 24-hour period. This means that no less than 24 hours after the last post in the thread, you may add a "bump" to allow your post to come back to the top to be noticed. DO NOT try to get around this by posting "replied to all PMs" or something similar. If a potential buyer asks a question, you may ONLY answer it in your original post or as your 24 hour bump. Remember you may only bump it 24 hours after the last post.If your item is SPF(sold pending funds) you must edit your first/original post to state that but do NOT bump your ad.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    agrue w/ me all u want does not matter.
    1 mod will read the rule your way and another will read it my way and depending on who reads it you may end up with an infraction. :p

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    So if some one bumps your WTS thread to ask a question can you still bump it 24 hours after your last bump?
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...07057-marlin-model-336-caliber-30-30-win.html

The 'other guy's bump" is not considered a 'bump' so the clock does not restart with his question. You can only bump your own thread every 24 hours. I got a violation answering a question that was asked of me in a WTS thread because I did not wait 24 hours from the last time I posted .

Sure you can but expect to get an INFRACTION. Then you can join DansGotInfractions on the list. We will chnage your name to InfactionHoosier.

The serious answer is NO!!!

Here is the rule you will be breaking.
    3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may bump it once in a 24-hour period. This means that no less than 24 hours after the last post in the thread, you may add a "bump" to allow your post to come back to the top to be noticed. DO NOT try to get around this by posting "replied to all PMs" or something similar. If a potential buyer asks a question, you may ONLY answer it in your original post or as your 24 hour bump. Remember you may only bump it 24 hours after the last post. If your item is SPF(sold pending funds) you must edit your first/original post to state that but do NOT bump your ad.

Since someone 'bumped' it for you by asking a question you now have to wait until that last post (the user with the question) turns 24 hours old before you can bump.

And this is where I disagree with you because you can answer the question on your 24 hour bump.

3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may bump it once in a 24-hour period. This means that no less than 24 hours after the last post in the thread, you may add a "bump" to allow your post to come back to the top to be noticed. DO NOT try to get around this by posting "replied to all PMs" or something similar. If a potential buyer asks a question, you may ONLY answer it in your original post or as your 24 hour bump. Remember you may only bump it 24 hours after the last post.If your item is SPF(sold pending funds) you must edit your first/original post to state that but do NOT bump your ad.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ggestions/307771-bumping-your-wts-thread.html

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @lonehoosier
    TOLD YOU SO!!!!! TOLD YOU SO!!!! TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!

i would make that font 9 but on phone so i will spare you the big fonts.
    TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!(! TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!

ooohhh how i wish u would have leanred the hard way like some of us had 2. :p

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    i think this smartphone is gonna die? it's not chargering and its very, very, very hot.
    suspect that the new yahoo email app may be the reason for the hotness.
    going to have to uninstall to confirm. what a royal pita.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    doird4
    had it for 1+ years now.
    this am yahoo mail updated itself and since then the phone has been running very HOT.
    i am now getting mail notifications but I do believe whatever they did is draining the battery.
    will confirm in a bit once i kill the battery, turn off, charge to 100% and see what it does.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    doird4
    had it for 1+ years now.
    this am yahoo mail updated itself and since then the phone has been running very HOT.
    i am now getting mail notifications but I do believe whatever they did is draining the battery.
    will confirm in a bit once i kill the battery, turn off, charge to 100% and see what it does.

you should get an iPhone.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Well this sucks! Went to doctor for two week inspection of ankle, found out four more weeks before next appointment. Stir crazy is going to set in. I wish it was my left ankle, then I could drive easier. God, I hate crutches! I suspect there will be therapy after that. One hell of a vacation I have going on here!

Venting done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom