• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I've started to break in a new pair of Keen hiking shoes and they are breaking in nicely; the same cannot be said for a pair of Merrell trail runners. The soles on the Merrells are just too soft for walking on asphalt and after 3 miles the only think I want to do is remove them! I plan to try them in the fields on a walk along the banks of the creek behind my property to see if they are suitable for walking on paths, grass, etc.

Hope to get to Cabela's tomorrow??? The wife needs to fine a new pair of hiking shoes.
    Do you have the trail glove?

The trail glove are "barefoot" running shoes, that's why they are so thin. I would NOT suggest them for hiking AT ALL! Hell they are even are to get used to for running in. It takes about 5-8 runs to start to retrain your stride. Even then you have to start out small and work your way up. Start at 1mi and work your way up.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Jedi should go to where sad clown works his bank account depleting magic...some nice guns there. A nice POF 308 with all the goodies for a really good price.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Do you have the trail glove?

The trail glove are "barefoot" running shoes, that's why they are so thin. I would NOT suggest them for hiking AT ALL! Hell they are even are to get used to for running in. It takes about 5-8 runs to start to retrain your stride. Even then you have to start out small and work your way up. Start at 1mi and work your way up.

there is nothing wrong, crazy running barefooted. i was doing that last year on threadmill and outdoors when was jogging for exercise. i loved it. it was so much better than running with an type of shoe and has helped a lot when carrying the 'get t-star' bag at work.

Jedi should go to where sad clown works his bank account depleting magic...some nice guns there. A nice POF 308 with all the goodies for a really good price.

i'm sure he used the dark side. heck when i picked up you mags at griffith i had to force myself to leave asap. way too many nice things in there...

I am not evil

no not evil, but eeeevvvviiiiilllll :rofl:
    there is a big difference. ;)

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

I know the jedi has been looking for a sweet .308, there are none sweeter than the POF, and it is such an incredible price too, and I am willing to bet I can go even lower on the price.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    NO. The upper looks like the trail glove, but it has a traditional running shoe bottom with a modest lug sole pattern. They are comfortable for everyday wear, and they are great on the grass, but your feet take a pounding on the asphalt.

Traditionally trail shoes have a more plyable sole to help steady your foot on uneven terrain. Probably what you are noticing. I know with clipless biking shoes its similar.

there is nothing wrong, crazy running barefooted. i was doing that last year on th[strike]r[/strike]eadmill and outdoors when was jogging for exercise. i loved it. it was so much better than running with an type of shoe and has helped a lot when carrying the 'get t-star' bag at work.
    FIFY

Never said there was anything wrong with it. I have the trail gloves and I love them. Just takes some getting used to, and they definitely are not a hiking/everyday shoe.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Is it strange that I'm sitting at home on a Friday night, drinking a glas of Gentleman Jack on the rocks and watching John Wayne movies. Hoping the pain subsides, took pain meds about a half hour ago. So the whiskey and the pills should take the edge off.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Is it strange that I'm sitting at home on a Friday night, drinking a glas of Gentleman Jack on the rocks and watching John Wayne movies. Hoping the pain subsides, took pain meds about a half hour ago. So the whiskey and the pills should take the edge off.

Damn wish I had some whisky, but not the pain. I'm stuck in this godforesaken mill tonite last midnite then I'm off till Sunday at 6am rockinroll

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom