• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    thats what you get for not being a man and servicing vehicles them selves.. maybe if you assembled some hand tools with your legos you could save some anger and money...

:xmad: I use to change the oil on my ford probe when I lived in EC but once we moved to highland the issue became what do I do with the used oil as unlike EC which the garbage truck would take highland did not. Also working on the car in highland would always get the popo called on me. :xmad: Unlike in EC. :rolleyes:

When I left for the east coast I find it so much easier to just pay someone else to get dirty as my hands should not get dirty. ;) That just translated onwards to this point. I won't mind doing it but it;s so much easier time wise and oil wise to just have someone else do it.

Can I pay you the next time I have to do it? If so how much?
    (serious about that last comment)
    Or anyone else that wants to deal with it.

WOW! Jedi didn't correct you for saying "legos"!?!?!? :laugh::laugh:

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    In 'disney lingo' on disboard.com the following are used a lot.

ds = dearest son
    dd = dearest daughter
    dh = dearest husband
    dw = dearest wife

But on INGO thanks to clif45 there are

Ds = DAMN son!
    Dd = DAMN daughter
    :D
    Note the capital letter.

Sorry I am not liking that phone as it seems to auto correct and remove text when I type.

you 'feel less' imples you are still then hu? :rofl:
    should have been

you 'feel less' implies you are still a wimp then, hu? :rofl:

:ar15:Be good or you are going to get a PINK UV-5RE instead of what everyone else gets. :whistle:

Thanks to me?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    He's just trying to prop up his north of 30 thungs.

Pretty sure I was the one that said it....but what do I know, I'm just a transplanted redneck.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    He must have been looking at nicorns again and accidentally let the th****/thungs slip...

I double check but Jiffy hasn't ever screwed up a oil change on me, and I've used them all across the country... I mean who wants to change oil on a engine that has ran for three days and done 3000 miles across the country and is sitting in 108 degree weather... so I got lazy and just let them do it all the time now...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Wow, work a double, and look at all I missed.

Pretty sure I just bombed the phone interview I just had.

New job?

I am sort of old. ;) Not as old as some others that hang out here.
    :

Hey now!!!

$84 later ... the O2 sensor is changed.

I feel less like a wimp. They had to drop the exhaust, crush the sensor with a vise grip, throw a pipe on the end of the wrench, propane torch, and beat the heck out of it to get it out. Then they had to weld the hole and re-thread it to put the new sensor in.

Done.

Wow. I wouldn't feel bad after hearing all that.

The car ghost almost got me!!!!
    F***** Jiffy Lube for overfilling the radiator fluid cause when I got home today I was spilling green liquid everywhere! Almost thought the car was going to finally die on me (knock on wood I need another 60K from it).

But alas it was just that they overfilled it.

:faint:

Just say NO! To Jiffy Lube.

thats what you get for not being a man and servicing vehicles them selves.. maybe if you assembled some hand tools with your legos you could save some anger and money...
    :ar15::ar15::laugh:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hey Jedi, those radios your getting is this the frequency sets they do ?

UV-5RE Plus 136-174MHz(RX/TX) & UHF400-520MHz(TX/RX) Dual Band 5W/1W 128CH FM 65-108MHz

or is the plus a different model ?

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

:yesway: Takin' the Jedi to the wood shed!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oil changes, brakes, plugs, wires, batteries and other basic maintenance should be done at home. I've been known to change a transmission, water pump, fan belt, or radiator in the past. Computers and sensors are new to me. The O2 sensor is one of the first things in a looong time that sent me to the mechanic because I couldn't get the job done. I suppose welding is a "man skill" that I am lacking.

:xmad: I use to change the oil on my ford probe when I lived in EC but once we moved to highland the issue became what do I do with the used oil as unlike EC which the garbage truck would take highland did not. Also working on the car in highland would always get the popo called on me. :xmad: Unlike in EC. :rolleyes:

When I left for the east coast I find it so much easier to just pay someone else to get dirty as my hands should not get dirty. ;) That just translated onwards to this point. I won't mind doing it but it;s so much easier time wise and oil wise to just have someone else do it.

Can I pay you the next time I have to do it? If so how much?
    (serious about that last comment)
    Or anyone else that wants to deal with it.

Dude ... wash some of the pink off and get in/under your car like CTC told ya!!

What to do with the oil??? Seriously?? You can take your used oil to just about any mechanic shop for recycling (this includes Jiffy Lube).

At least I have scraped and bruised knuckles to prove I tried to fix my car this week.

The only time I used a mechanic (including Jiffy Lube) for oil changes was when I had to get the oil changed in the Cavalier. It was worth the $29 dollars not to scrape and beat my hands to shreds trying to squeeze the new filter into the backside of the engine. I would end up with bloody hands and a good deal of oil on the ground. Sooo ... I can see about not wanting to deal with a particularly nasty/tough job on a regular basis. The other stuff though .... seriously, the grime will wash off.

Hey, I'll help you with your basic maintenance in exchange for some press time (reloading).

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    If anyone is looking for a good .44 Mag, I am selling one of these for a friend.

0407131957_zps22c63fc6.jpg

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    in all honesty, I have about 6 people on the backorder list that I would fill before even I got one. shame that list doesn't disappear.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom