Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

I agree with you about GM placement of the oil filters, Cavalier on the backside is a PITA and the new GMC large size SUV's are on the front side between the exhaust manifold and hot radiators, good for a burnt arm. Another vehicle for a burnt arm is the Suzuki SUV, oil filter is between exhaust manifold and the frame without any room to reach the filter. If the engineer's that designed the filter location had to change the filter, would fine a new location in short order to keep the skin on the arm.

:nono: Engineer's by trading/trade are not allowed to touch tools. They do everything in CAD. :rolleyes::D

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I agree with you about GM placement of the oil filters, Cavalier on the backside is a PITA and the new GMC large size SUV's are on the front side between the exhaust manifold and hot radiators, good for a burnt arm. Another vehicle for a burnt arm is the Suzuki SUV, oil filter is between exhaust manifold and the frame without any room to reach the filter. If the engineer's that designed the filter location had to change the filter, would fine a new location in short order to keep the skin on the arm.

:yesway: This.

If the engineer's weren't all "Jedis" and had to do any work on their cars, the cars would all look different.

:nono: Engineer's by trading/trade are not allowed to touch tools. They do everything in CAD. :rolleyes::D

There you have it.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sooo the radio you guys are getting don't have the recieve only fm band included.... oh well.... Thought that would be kinda cool...

Ya, engineers should try testing thier designs and then there would be some much better designs on the market...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :yesway: This.

If the engineer's weren't all "Jedis" and had to do any work on their cars, the cars would all look different.

There you have it.
    Hey that is not engineerings are taught in skol you know. :(
    All this mumbo gumbo theory of math, theory of physics, theory of etc... but very little hands do it and learn from your mistakes.

That translated to the real world as well in mnfg most of the time. The few that actually do get to design by the time they are in design are mostly just taking an template of what was made before and adding to it.

A real, start from scratch, toss out of all rules, design it however you like left the bldg a llllooooonnnnggggg time ago. :(

Sooo the radio you guys are getting don't have the recieve only fm band included.... oh well.... Thought that would be kinda cool...

Ya, engineers should try testing thier designs and then there would be some much better designs on the market...

The group buy radio? Yes it does have the FM Radio band on it.
    FM Radio (65.0MHz-108.0MHz)

You can only 'listen' to that band on the UV-R5A+ radio just like the UV-R3 before it.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Hey that is not engineerings are taught in skol you know. :(
    All this mumbo gumbo theory of math, theory of physics, theory of etc... but very little hands do it and learn from your mistakes.

That translated to the real world as well in mnfg most of the time. The few that actually do get to design by the time they are in design are mostly just taking an template of what was made before and adding to it.

A real, start from scratch, toss out of all rules, design it however you like left the bldg a llllooooonnnnggggg time ago. :(

All I'm saying is that if the guy responsible for the design (even if it's borrowed or handed down) had to stick his hand inside the engine compartment to change the oil filter or remove a bolt and fried his arm or scraped his knuckles to the bone every time, he would come up with a new design.

Unless of course, he's getting paid by the mechanics to keep it that way. :whistle:

On a different note. I'm sure you computer guys will find this funny. If I knew the difference, I'm sure I would appreciate it even more. ...

chrome-vs-firefox-vs-ie.png

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Here's a little trick to change a Cavalier oil filters. Turn the steering wheel all the way to the left and you will see the oil filter on the right side threw the wheel well. You can reach it quit easily threw the wheel well.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    DGG: Employers are not really looking for people that can walk on the floor and start working. They are looking for reliable, trainable, long term people. They don't want a know it all that won't learn the way the company does things, or a person that calls in once a pay period, and they don't want to be looking to fill the job again because the guy they just hired got another job somewhere.

I shot trap at npccc this weekend. One of the rounds we did a single, then 2 report pairs. I shot a 21 on that one (my best round). I would have got 22, but I'll blame the guy next to me that got a cell phone call when my last bird was launching.

Then I went to Blythe's to try my new 1911 (Thanks DK).

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    DGG: Employers are not really looking for people that can walk on the floor and start working. They are looking for reliable, trainable, long term people. They don't want a know it all that won't learn the way the company does things, or a person that calls in once a pay period, and they don't want to be looking to fill the job again because the guy they just hired got another job somewhere.

Thats what I thought until the phone call talking about my experience or should I say lack of experience.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Thats what I thought until the phone call talking about my experience or should I say lack of experience.
    Broaden your POV. You need to apply your life experiences to working at their company. If your already had all the experience, why are you looking for a job and not have one already? What actaeon said. Get you head together. You need to sell yourself as their best option.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Broaden your POV. You need to apply your life experiences to working at their company. If your already had all the experience, why are you looking for a job and not have one already? What actaeon said. Get you head together. You need to sell yourself as their best option.

tell them about the time you hiked the smokey mountains and ran into a bear, and kept your wits about you.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    On a different note. I'm sure you computer guys will find this funny. If I knew the difference, I'm sure I would appreciate it even more. ...

chrome-vs-firefox-vs-ie.png

In the 'web browser war' there are currenlty 5 players left:
    - Google Chrome
    - Mozilla FireFox
    - Microsoft Internet Explorer
    - Opera Web Browser
    - Apple Safari

You picture shows 3 of those 5 players.
    IE kicked the butt of netscape a long time ago (early 2000s) and peaked in 2007 with 56% of the market share. Since then it has seen it's numbers drop. It controls 13% of the market in 2013!
    Browser Statistics

As such it's not a major player anymore and as shown in the picture it's the kid in your class that is so far gone that he eats glue, unlike the rest of the 'normal kids'.

IE got it's butt kicked by Firefox in the mid-2000s and by 2009 it was the major browser (big kid on the block). It never got as big as IE, however, as it peaked at 47% of the marjet share as oppose to 56% for IE. The reason being that in 2008 Google Chrome was born and as time went by while FireFox was kicking IE's butt, Chrome sneaked around and started fighting with Firefox. By mid 2012 Chrome became the top dog in the fight thus the picture shows him with the upper hand. Chrome is now at 51% of the market and there is no indication that any other browser will top it right now. It may surpass IE's 56% within the next 2 years if no other browser is born.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom