Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You oooollllllddddd :laugh:
    All I recall is the cool train they had that you could ride in. Plus I have a pic of me and some other kid on some type of ski-like pulley system ride. I think my mom took the pic while we were up "high".

The lunch we ate sux! cheese sandiwches.
    I am sort of old. ;) Not as old as some others that hang out here.

I remember working on some sort of game where you paid a lot of money to get some prize worth nothing, like at the county fair. :):

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Does anyone remember Enchanted Forest?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enchanted_Forest_(Indiana)

I recall when we would go once a year near the end of the school year with my school for grades 1 - 3. I never knew where the place was at or what occured to it after leaving my 1st elementary school. Finally got around to looking up the place. :(

Yes I did not expect it to still be open but still...
    more images of the place here:
    NWIGS - Porter County Views: Porter - Enchanted Forest Amusement Park

I'm surpised that it was so close to me yet seemed so fffaaarrr away when we would go via bus.

On the bright side some of those rides did survive and are now in WI at this place.
    Little Amerricka Amusement Park - Welcome

Looks like a cool place to go with the little ones.
    700 East Main Street Marshall, WI 53559

hum... 3 hour drive however. Great America migth be better.
    Does anyone know of any other parks geared for the little ones? GA is I think still more for teens.
    I remember Enchanted Forrest, a long time ago at RT 49 & 20 in Porter, IN. Now it's the closed down Splash Down Dunes water park, couldn't keep up with all the new stuff at Deep River WaterPark. Did you look to see what's at Indiana Beach for young kids? Can you check out Deer Forrest in Coloma,MI, or Holland, MI for kids rides? Check out the rack for the summertime stuff by the exit doors at Cabelas and the welcome center at Kennedy and RT 94, southwest corner for information.

Last edited:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Does anyone remember Enchanted Forest?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enchanted_Forest_(Indiana)

I recall when we would go once a year near the end of the school year with my school for grades 1 - 3. I never knew where the place was at or what occured to it after leaving my 1st elementary school. Finally got around to looking up the place. :(

Yes I did not expect it to still be open but still...
    more images of the place here:
    NWIGS - Porter County Views: Porter - Enchanted Forest Amusement Park

I'm surpised that it was so close to me yet seemed so fffaaarrr away when we would go via bus.

On the bright side some of those rides did survive and are now in WI at this place.
    Little Amerricka Amusement Park - Welcome

Looks like a cool place to go with the little ones.
    700 East Main Street Marshall, WI 53559

hum... 3 hour drive however. Great America migth be better.
    Does anyone know of any other parks geared for the little ones? GA is I think still more for teens.

For the little ones, head down to Shafer Lake.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I remember Enchanted Forrest, a long time ago at RT 49 & 20 in Porter, IN. Now it's the closed down Splash Down Dunes water park, couldn't keep up with all the new stuff at Deep River WaterPark. Did you look to see what's at Indiana Beach for young kids? Can you check out Deer Forrest in Coloma,MI, or Holland, MI for kids rides? Check out the rack for the summertime stuff by the exit doors at Cabelas and the welcome center at Kennedy and RT 94, southwest corner for information.

& I have yet to do this as well....
    I have two websites for you, www.hesston.org in Northern Laporte County, on North State Route 39 and east on County Road 1000 North about five miles down on the left side. Travel time is about one hour. Illinois railroad Museum in Union, Illinois www.irm.org, about 20 to 30 miles west of O'hare Airport on the Northwest Toll Road Route 90 west (where Thomas the Train is/was), exit at the Marango exit and follow the signs. Travel time is around two hours. IRM has videos on youtube and there may be some from hesston, but not sure.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    & I have yet to do this as well....
    We go to Hesston all the time for the grandkids, open weekends and the big time is labor day weekend, the Halloween and Christmas trains. Also in North Judson is the Hoosier Valley Railroad museam, a little over an hour away. IRM is a little over two hours travel time, great place to see all types of trains.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Hockey wasn't nice to me last night.
    Top right corner.
    [ame]http://youtu.be/XiDnmQ0d2wU[/ame]
    Got me this
    picture.php

Then this:
    picture.php

You shouldn't lead with your helmet. It's not nice.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I was going to have them stitch it in the locker room, but I have wedding pictures in 3 weeks and my fiancee would be mad if I didn't have a pro do it. That would be worse.

We won the game though.:rockwoot:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Google said it's okay.

"Indiana state law requires children less than 8 years old to ride in a federally approved car seat or booster seat that is appropriate for the child's height and weight. Indiana law also requires that the car seat or booster seat be installed and used according to the manufacturer's instructions. Children ages 8 to 16 must ride in a seat belt. The state of Indiana strongly encourages parents to place children in the back seat whenever possible, though this is not required by law."

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    REMINDER . . . Open Carry Night is THIS THURSDAY, April 11, at the 1101 Cigar Lounge.

LINK => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...rs_open_carry_night_at_1101_cigar_lounge.html

It legal to have a 2 ye old in a car seat in a single cab pick up?
    YES.

Newer model trucks typically have a keyed switch to turn off the airbag on the passenger side for this very reason. Not all brands may have this. Some years of manufacture may not have this, but I think its pretty much standard on most of the newer (past 5 or 6 years at least) pick up trucks.

Nice to see a government entity, that uses park property, put tax paying ventures out of business and eliminate the property tax, sales taxes, and employment in the private sector replaced with untaxed land that requires tax dollars to support it.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    $84 later ... the O2 sensor is changed.

I feel less like a wimp. They had to drop the exhaust, crush the sensor with a vise grip, throw a pipe on the end of the wrench, propane torch, and beat the heck out of it to get it out. Then they had to weld the hole and re-thread it to put the new sensor in.

Done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom