Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I hate my job.

I love mine. :D

You get to fondle guns all day.
    On the other hand, you have to deal with customers.

I get to watch production people shrug when they tear up equipment.
    Put out a fire. Fix the broken/burned equipment. Then get to listen to someone tell me I dont have it "adjusted" right.
    It's a device that measures the "change in level" of the steel. It doesn't actually measure the "level" of the steel.
    So after listening to how I'm useless and can't do my job, I told the guy to go downstairs to the controller and show me how to adjust it.
    After listening to "that's your job", I walked away thinking, today is my Friday. 7 hours and 30 minutes left.

Rant over.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks to me?

He's just trying to prop up his north of 30 thungs.

Pretty sure I was the one that said it....but what do I know, I'm just a transplanted redneck.

sry clif i thought it was you since you 'love' kids so much. :p
    now i c it was the wannabe redneck, but he is not gling to get no credit for it. :rofl:

WTF is a "thung"?:facepalm:
    You going to be at the clubhouse tomorrow?

thats a wanna be red trying to spell. :faint:

He must have been looking at nicorns again and accidentally let the th****/thungs slip...

I double check but Jiffy hasn't ever screwed up a oil change on me, and I've used them all across the country... I mean who wants to change oil on a engine that has ran for three days and done 3000 miles across the country and is sitting in 108 degree weather... so I got lazy and just let them do it all the time now...

you are just getting old ...

Hey Jedi, those radios your getting is this the frequency sets they do ?

UV-5RE Plus 136-174MHz(RX/TX) & UHF400-520MHz(TX/RX) Dual Band 5W/1W 128CH FM 65-108MHz

or is the plus a different model ?

yes we are getting the UV-5RA+ models (latest version.)
    i finally got pricing down and will open a new tread today.
    49.9 per radio + usb cable that includes shipping to NWI.
    also got a small disount on the other parts mic, extra bat, etc..

:yesway: Takin' the Jedi to the wood shed!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oil changes, brakes, plugs, wires, batteries and other basic maintenance should be done at home. I've been known to change a transmission, water pump, fan belt, or radiator in the past. Computers and sensors are new to me. The O2 sensor is one of the first things in a looong time that sent me to the mechanic because I couldn't get the job done. I suppose welding is a "man skill" that I am lacking.

Dude ... wash some of the pink off and get in/under your car like CTC told ya!!

What to do with the oil??? Seriously?? You can take your used oil to just about any mechanic shop for recycling (this includes Jiffy Lube).

At least I have scraped and bruised knuckles to prove I tried to fix my car this week.

The only time I used a mechanic (including Jiffy Lube) for oil changes was when I had to get the oil changed in the Cavalier. It was worth the $29 dollars not to scrape and beat my hands to shreds trying to squeeze the new filter into the backside of the engine. I would end up with bloody hands and a good deal of oil on the ground. Sooo ... I can see about not wanting to deal with a particularly nasty/tough job on a regular basis. The other stuff though .... seriously, the grime will wash off.

Hey, I'll help you with your basic maintenance in exchange for some press time (reloading).

meh.. da PINKfather does not get his hands dirty. :p

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Well, that would be a step up in pay. But how can you mess that up? They aren't too picky, at least not in the past.

The job requirements are a minimum of 1yr experience, I dont really have it. normally you only get one phone interview and then the next call is to make a face to face interview I had to have two phone interviews because they were trying to figure out how my experience relates to the job and I don't exactly have experience in utilities. but they did ask me about the army and wanted me to explain how my experience in the army will relate to the job, I didn't really have an answer considering im a tactical radio operator which has nothing to do with the job and then they asked about basic combat training in which is basically combat training, I shot guns, blew stuff up, and a lotta rucking. Idk she said she thinks I should have enough to get the job but we will see. I started getting nervous after realizing I wasnt giving her the info she wanted and starting saying umm a lot which is not oike me at all and I was fumbling with all my words mouth went dry throat started closing. So yeaaa didn't go so good

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Well, that would be a step up in pay. But how can you mess that up? They aren't too picky, at least not in the past.

But I also have the option of being a patrolman, the big wigs have been asking around about me because they heard about me taking emt. I still havent taken my written once I do thst im certified and can start the hiring process for that. Idk

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They do like to hire the vets.
    The only thing I can recommend is to stress that your training and experience demonstrates your ability to learn, and to carry out objectives and orders with little or no supervision.

Good luck.
    I'd offer to be a reference, but at the moment it may hinder.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    They do like to hire the vets.
    The only thing I can recommend is to stress that your training and experience demonstrates your ability to learn, and to carry out objectives and orders with little or no supervision.

Good luck.
    I'd offer to be a reference, but at the moment it may hinder.

Thanks, if I can get the face to face interview I know ill be fine.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    @BillB, I might swing by for a quick second today, but not going to be able to sit and enjoy it. Might be able to have a cigar tomorrow though.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    :yesway: Takin' the Jedi to the wood shed!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oil changes, brakes, plugs, wires, batteries and other basic maintenance should be done at home. I've been known to change a transmission, water pump, fan belt, or radiator in the past. Computers and sensors are new to me. The O2 sensor is one of the first things in a looong time that sent me to the mechanic because I couldn't get the job done. I suppose welding is a "man skill" that I am lacking.

Dude ... wash some of the pink off and get in/under your car like CTC told ya!!

What to do with the oil??? Seriously?? You can take your used oil to just about any mechanic shop for recycling (this includes Jiffy Lube).

At least I have scraped and bruised knuckles to prove I tried to fix my car this week.

The only time I used a mechanic (including Jiffy Lube) for oil changes was when I had to get the oil changed in the Cavalier. It was worth the $29 dollars not to scrape and beat my hands to shreds trying to squeeze the new filter into the backside of the engine. I would end up with bloody hands and a good deal of oil on the ground. Sooo ... I can see about not wanting to deal with a particularly nasty/tough job on a regular basis. The other stuff though .... seriously, the grime will wash off.

Hey, I'll help you with your basic maintenance in exchange for some press time (reloading).
    I agree with you about GM placement of the oil filters, Cavalier on the backside is a PITA and the new GMC large size SUV's are on the front side between the exhaust manifold and hot radiators, good for a burnt arm. Another vehicle for a burnt arm is the Suzuki SUV, oil filter is between exhaust manifold and the frame without any room to reach the filter. If the engineer's that designed the filter location had to change the filter, would fine a new location in short order to keep the skin on the arm.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom