Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Radio guys. Is it possible to pick up East Chicago police feeds? It would be nice to hear what is going on when I am in that area, seeing that it seems like for the past 2 weeks I have been there quite often, and that will repeat this same time next month when I go back to finishing the route package I have. Gotta love working in the hood...

iirc hammond and ec are on the digital feed since means our ham radios wont pick them up. you need a digital police scanner or the websites that bill b gave.

Really? It took FD 4 hrs to respond. Like I said I past it about 2:30 on my way in from Highland and I saw absolutely no signs of any FD equipment. And it was smoking good then. Oh well! Thanks for the link.

well like duh. they have to wake up first, eat their breakfast, put on all that heavy gear, find the keys to the firetruck, make sure the doggie is safe, call home to say good bye, and then go. all that takes time you know. :rofl:

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    still working on the satellite post. Never see the neighbor home, but its still sitting out there. Honestly im surprised it hasnt been stolen yet.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    We have the youth day flyer up now!
    If you need a PDF version of it please email me.
    Start passing them out, Make sure the lsg get it as well.
    dnr_winamac_familyrangeday_2013.jpg

Need a volunteer to setup a facebook page for this event as well.
    dansgotguns you want to do it??? :dunno:

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    If you are under the age of 21 but over the age of 18, and you have your LTCH, you can buy a handgun privately, as far as Indiana goes, right?
    I have known that for a long time, but I have been denied by like four people in the classifieds because I am not 21, only 20.
    I am just making sure that I am not going crazy or something lol.
    As far as I know 18 - 20 year olds can buy a handgun but it has to be a private sale.
    or am I wrong?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If you are under the age of 21 but over the age of 18, and you have your LTCH, you can buy a handgun privately, as far as Indiana goes, right?
    I have known that for a long time, but I have been denied by like four people in the classifieds because I am not 21, only 20.
    I am just making sure that I am not going crazy or something lol.
    As far as I know 18 - 20 year olds can buy a handgun but it has to be a private sale.
    or am I wrong?

You are correct.

Spudgunr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    NWI - Porter County
    Hey guys, if your credit rating has gone up and you get insurance discounts based on credit score, be sure to call your agent and have them re-run your credit. If you have made any improvements to your home (roof, water heater, furnace, etc) mention those too.

I just cut my auto insurance 10% by having them re-run credit score (they were using 4 year old data, so I was around a 700-720 then, now I'm around 800). So, $100 a year, great! Then I had them do it on the homeowners AND add my furnace that was replaced a couple years ago, I dropped from $701 a year to $615 between those 2 changes. Now I wish I had been calling every couple years! I also wish they would list the various things that go into getting you cheaper rates so you'd know WHEN to call. Still, just thought I'd make this PSA

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    We have the youth day flyer up now!
    If you need a PDF version of it please email me.
    Start passing them out, Make sure the lsg get it as well.
    dnr_winamac_familyrangeday_2013.jpg

Need a volunteer to setup a facebook page for this event as well.
    dansgotguns you want to do it??? :dunno:

I could do a Facebook event page. No problem. It'll give me something to do.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Really? It took FD 4 hrs to respond. Like I said I past it about 2:30 on my way in from Highland and I saw absolutely no signs of any FD equipment. And it was smoking good then. Oh well! Thanks for the link.

In the story, it said that the property owner thought it was a gov run controlled burn so he didn't call it in right away. I dunno ... if it was me and I saw that much smoke coming off my property (even if it was undeveloped), I sure as heck would want to know what was going on immediately.

That's pretty damn cool!

If they are using the photo without your consent, you could make a stink.

They would probably just remove it (there goes the cool factor).

If it doesn't bother you then forget about it. It would be more hassle than it's worth in the end over one photo.

One word... watermark. ;)

I allowed it to be posted originally as "free use" with the stipulation that it be credited, untouched if anyone uses it, and that I be advised of it's use ... oh yeah, and not for profit. It's the internet and you know how that goes ... ;). So far, I have not seen it used by any anti-gun folks or for profit so it's all cool for now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I allowed it to be posted originally as "free use" with the stipulation that it be credited, untouched if anyone uses it, and that I be advised of it's use ... oh yeah, and not for profit. It's the internet and you know how that goes ... ;). So far, I have not seen it used by any anti-gun folks or for profit so it's all cool for now.

note to self: use that poster and make it into a anti-2A one. :D

does anyone know if this is a GFZ?

Site: St. John Township Community Center
    Address: 1515 Lincoln Highway , Schererville, IN 46375

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Ok, for you mechanics out there ....

I'm pulling an O2 sensor off my 2004 Impala. It's locked in tight. The silly little wrench they gave me at the parts store isn't helping me budge it. I already sprayed it with WD40 and tried hitting it with my purse. I'm going to run out and pick up some PB Blaster in a little bit and (hopefully) a longer wrench. Question: Would running the engine and heating up the exhaust hurt/help me break it loose?

This should have been a five minute job and it's turning into a pain in the backside.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    note to self: use that poster and make it into a anti-2A one. :D

One word: legos :laugh:

does anyone know if this is a GFZ?

Site: St. John Township Community Center
    Address: 1515 Lincoln Highway , Schererville, IN 46375

Someone I know CC's everytime Visclosky speaks there. Of course, that doesn't answer your question as to the of legality of such activity.
    :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom