jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ok, for you mechanics out there ....

I'm pulling an O2 sensor off my 2004 Impala. It's locked in tight. The silly little wrench they gave me at the parts store isn't helping me budge it. I already sprayed it with WD40 and tried hitting it with my purse. I'm going to run out and pick up some PB Blaster in a little bit and (hopefully) a longer wrench. Question: Would running the engine and heating up the exhaust hurt/help me break it loose?

This should have been a five minute job and it's turning into a pain in the backside.

:facepalm:
    It's not called purse it's called man bag! :D
    pharell%20kanye%20man%20bag.jpeg

:laugh:

Why don't you just use your glock :puke: on it. :p

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Melensdad have you received a shipping confirmation on lpk from aimsurplus? I had one they confirmed my order but nothing about shipping yet.

WD if you can find aerokroil I think it is a better product. For stuck items about the best tool is a torch. Heat and or a bfh big freaking hammer are my suggestions. They make a socket for them if you have a long breaker bar. Hopefully that helps.. EDIT is it Pre or Post Cat?

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Melensdad have you received a shipping confirmation on lpk from aimsurplus? I had one they confirmed my order but nothing about shipping yet.

WD if you can find aerokroil I think it is a better product. For stuck items about the best tool is a torch. Heat and or a bfh big freaking hammer are my suggestions. They make a socket for them if you have a long breaker bar. Hopefully that helps..

-1 point for helping the snob. :D

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

WD if you can find aerokroil I think it is a better product. For stuck items about the best tool is a torch. Heat and or a bfh big freaking hammer are my suggestions. They make a socket for them if you have a long breaker bar. Hopefully that helps..

That idea is next on the block. However, this is the snobby part of Saint John. I would have to pull the car out in the street and get it back up on the stands. There's no way I am firing up a torch in the garage right now. It's too messy. The neighbors would pass out if they saw someone tinkering on a car in the street. Someone driving by who didn't know me might think I am stealing the tires ... especially with my brown skin.

I'm guessing heating up the old sensor instead of the whole exhaust is preferred (keep the exhaust system cold)?

Where do I find this Aerokroil? ... I presume the auto parts store would be a better bet than Walmart?

*Ok Jedi ... I served you up a super slow pitch with that "snobby part of SJ" comment. I expect you to knock it out of the park. :laugh:

Spudgunr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    NWI - Porter County
    Percussion helps a lot. If you put torque on the wrench, then hit the wrench with a hammer that jarring generally helps. Or an impact wrench if you can. I ruined the bearings on a strut trying to get the nut off with a wrench, everything else was turning. 5 seconds with even a cheap impact wrench and the nut came off the other one as it was supposed to. I have an impact screwdriver you hit with a hammer, it wasn't too expensive. IIRC it has a 1/4" square head on it if you have a socket that'll fit. You are welcome to use it.

Make sure it isn't left hand thread?

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    Percussion helps a lot. If you put torque on the wrench, then hit the wrench with a hammer that jarring generally helps. Or an impact wrench if you can. I ruined the bearings on a strut trying to get the nut off with a wrench, everything else was turning. 5 seconds with even a cheap impact wrench and the nut came off the other one as it was supposed to. I have an impact screwdriver you hit with a hammer, it wasn't too expensive. IIRC it has a 1/4" square head on it if you have a socket that'll fit. You are welcome to use it.

Make sure it isn't left hand thread?

very true impact driver has helped in multiple cases if you have room for it this should work also. hitting a wrench or ratchet/breaker bar should serve the same purpose as an impact driver. sometimes they are a pain. if you need a breaker bar let me know. I dont know where you could find aerokroil at in saint john believe sanders bolts in valparaiso carries it but not sure as i have been sparingly using my can of it. Let me know if you need anything though can try to help as much as possible.

Spudgunr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    NWI - Porter County
    Anyone need to order from powder valley (non-hazmat)? I'll be placing an order soon, if anyone needs anything and wants to split shipping you can tack on to my order. I'll probably be placing by the weekend or so. Not sure if their rates are high or low, but thought I'd offer it up. Got 300 6.5 grendel brass coming from Midway, so may as well go ahead and order the 1000 bullets I've been planning on.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Aghhh my life is chaotic right now. Jedi I got your pm sorry im just now responding havent been online much at all. A lot going on. I see andy got a page running for winimac +1 andy! :rockwoot: wish I couldve helped make it but glad it was made. Well off to sort through the 10k+ random ammunition I just acquired.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom