actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ask Alan at AAOptics.

I would think that the 1-4 would be all you would need though.

With the 1-4, maybe I don't need the dot. But I think the dot is always faster than a scope, and both eyes open.
    But I would not be against a little more mag for 200 yds.
    I've been thinking of going through him. But I wanted some research and other people's views first.

Was gonna go with the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP on my M1A and possibly add an offset Burris FastFire, lol.

I might wait though. I kinda want to get a loaded or a SOCOM and add that EBR stock setup and do it on there.

I also started looking at the 4-16.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Suregrip with inner belt. Taco double pistol/rifle pouches. Dump pouch. Can't find anything in molle like the California shot shell carrier or a molded/kydex molle holster.

If I went with fastmag double pouches it'd be even more. Think I might run my 5.11 operators belt with paddle holster/magazine holder and borrow a shot carrier from cliff for Niles.

You can call me maybe...

LOL now get that song outta your head!!!!

The war belt is not necessary for 3 gun. They are nice to have. I got mine used on ar15.com for quite the discount.
    I carry everything on my regular belt. If you are shooting 3 gun in Niles we can make sure you are set up. I rarely change pistol mags or rifle mags.
    Check this out.
    Molle shotgun shell caddy? - Shotgun - Technical - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok. What do you guys think about optics for Black Betty??? (Black Rain Ordnance "Fallout" AR-10)

I was thinking about ....

Scope = Vortex - Viper PST 1-4x24
    Offset Reddot = Vortex - Razor
    rda_rzr-offset_razor-hd_mounted-t.jpg

Normally, I don't ask. Normally I have exactly what I want, already in my mind.

If it were a .223 AR, I'd probably just go red dot, this razor or an eotech.
    But, in my mind, the .308 means I want to "touch" stuff at 200 yd minimum.
    Not real long range, but not up close and personal.
    But..... it's an AR. So in my mind, the scope creates a problem with up close.
    This seems nice.
    But I'd have to train myself.
    Red dot for quick.
    Scope for more accurate, slower response.

But now I'm convinced I'm going to complicated. I'm a big believer in KISS.
    (for those that don't know... Keep It Simple Stupid)

So now I'm totally confused.
    Was thinking about messageing A&A optics (ingo advertiser), but thought I'd get your guys opinions first.

And we haven't even gotten to the Back UP Sights.
    What's a good, dependable back up sight company. I don't want some cheap poo that going to break.

Alan will take great care of you if you choose vortex. They just released a 2.5-10 scope that would be great for that. I have a 4x scope on the 17 and it just isn't getting it done. I am considering the same build for my SCAR 17.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    On a 308 I tend to like more magnification than less but my eye's suck... and I kinda feel the 308 is just getting going at 500 yards and beyond....

dots are awesome for fast and close though... My burris fastfire has worked fine on my little Storm carbine for quite a few years now...

Andy... ya I feel blah too... must have something going on as the BS's were 300 plus all night... somebody must have shared something...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    With the 1-4, maybe I don't need the dot. But I think the dot is always faster than a scope, and both eyes open.
    But I would not be against a little more mag for 200 yds.
    I've been thinking of going through him. But I wanted some research and other people's views first.

I also started looking at the 4-16.

He really takes the time to find out what you want to do, and then he will give you recommendations to fit what your needs. He will give you good advice whether you buy from him or not. He has been a great help to me with my limited knowledge.

Send him a PM or post in his forum.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    actaeon: Black rain uses DPMS type mags, right?
    20-Round, AR .308 Magazine : AR-STYLE .308 20-ROUND MAGAZINE | Brownells

I also saw an ad in the classifieds yesterday for some cheap 7.62x51 in NWI. It was 600 for $200, and it was bumped a few times to boot.
    Here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ng_supplies/283004-600_rds_7_62x51_nw_in.html

That's $.333 a round.

Great catch on this one. Thats about the best price I have seen on ammo since the craze began.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Isn't Indian ammo the one that got all the bad rep a few years ago? I've seen his thread from day one, and that's why I figured that was why it hasn't sold yet.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    How is this delete worthy? This was in response to people complaining that portage is a terrible place to live and its turning ghetto etc.

Screenshots_2013-03-26-11-58-58_zps9803290c.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom