Not open for further replies.

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    :scratch: must be getting old last I recall was a standing order to .... :D
    Hum... I say go to steak n' shake before minner dun. The dun use to be good but not sure about that place anymore. It's cheaper at the steak as well.

id go to 5 guys burgers before either. even red robin if ya wanted to sit down and be waited on.

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    hmm haven't been to schoops since i first moved to IN. went to the one in Hammond they ran out of hamburger buns and cheese, didn't tell us till they brought our food out on toasted bread. lol i remember being so pissed

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    id go to 5 guys burgers before either. even red robin if ya wanted to sit down and be waited on.

Schoops in munster for the best burger

OK I agree, that Schoops on Ridge Road has the BEST burgers :yesway:

Miner-Dunn, however, has the best french fries.

Red Robin absolutely has the worst hamburgers I've ever eaten, and I've tried it a couple different time to prove it to myself that there is no burger worse than a Red Robin burger. 5 Guys is "just OK" in a pinch, but the burgers are not as good as Schoops and the fries at 5 Guys are terrible. If you just want "carry out" then its passable.

The main reason to go to Steak-n-Shake is for the Frisco Melt. Melted yummy goodness it is :)

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    OK I agree, that Schoops on Ridge Road has the BEST burgers :yesway:

Miner-Dunn, however, has the best french fries.

Red Robin absolutely has the worst hamburgers I've ever eaten, and I've tried it a couple different time to prove it to myself that there is no burger worse than a Red Robin burger. 5 Guys is "just OK" in a pinch, but the burgers are not as good as Schoops and the fries at 5 Guys are terrible. If you just want "carry out" then its passable.

The main reason to go to Steak-n-Shake is for the Frisco Melt. Melted yummy goodness it is :)
    Jalepeno crunch burger

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    That's so far from the truth....
    I was at the schoops right down from Blue 82 on Friday and the only thing that was the same was the name on the building!
    Agreed. St John Schoops is probably the worst of them. The one on US30 in Schererville is passable. Lowell is actually pretty good. But Munster is the best.

Jalepeno crunch burger
    Uh, that is not a burger. That is a fancy meat-loaf monstrosity that is put on a bun. A good burger need not be covered in slimy peppers and topped with crunchy bits, a good burger is a good burger and it can only be destroyed by smothering it, filling it, mutilating it and still calling it a burger.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    and some great pieces of ass to look at

I guess when your in your 30's, married to a great " piece of ass" attached to a good body, huge boobs and an awesome face it makes it easier for me to stay focused on my food and be very critical about how it taste.

And if you ain't takin any of those pieces home I'd focus on the food

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Uh, that is not a burger. That is a fancy meat-loaf monstrosity that is put on a bun. A good burger need not be covered in slimy peppers and topped with crunchy bits, a good burger is a good burger and it can only be destroyed by smothering it, filling it, mutilating it and still calling it a burger.

your a fancy meat-loaf monstrosity that is put on a bun

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Do you guys cover your prime rib in onion jelly? Slather your rib eyes in ketchup?

If so then you are doing it wrong! Either you start with bad meat or you prepare it wrong.

So it is with a good burger. A good burger can be eaten and enjoyed with only the traditional toppings and not slathered in them but only enhanced by them in moderate amounts. If you need to cover the taste of a well made burger then you have a bad burger, and that is the main reason that Red Robin even exists. To smother their aborted burgers, making them unrecognizable to true gourmet burger lovers.

The pure burger experience, best enjoyed at the neighborhood Schoops, where the burger is the main attraction.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Do you guys cover your prime rib in onion jelly? Slather your rib eyes in ketchup?

If so then you are doing it wrong! Either you start with bad meat or you prepare it wrong.

So it is with a good burger. A good burger can be eaten and enjoyed with only the traditional toppings and not slathered in them but only enhanced by them in moderate amounts. If you need to cover the taste of a well made burger then you have a bad burger, and that is the main reason that Red Robin even exists. To smother their aborted burgers, making them unrecognizable to true gourmet burger lovers.

The pure burger experience, best enjoyed at the neighborhood Schoops, where the burger is the main attraction.

+1.2 gigawatts

Steak needs nothing more than a light seasoning if that at all.
    I like mine naked cooked rare. A good cut will be just that, GOOD!

I laugh at restaurants that ask if you want your slab of meat covered in some sort of "dressing"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom