• Status
    Not open for further replies.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    thinking you should prolly make a batch and drop them off at his office (stupid stuff we do, never hurts to have a guy like him on our side) :D:D

I don't have the fancy-pants mixer anymore. Somebody wanted it back so he could make tamales. And then we didn't even get tamales! :(

Hmmm...hopefully, if I ever decide to put pants on and go grocery shopping, one doesn't end up coming home with me. Those suckers are heavy!

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I don't have the fancy-pants mixer anymore. Somebody wanted it back so he could make tamales. And then we didn't even get tamales! :(

Hmmm...hopefully, if I ever decide to put pants on and go grocery shopping, one doesn't end up coming home with me. Those suckers are heavy!

If you went without pants I bet someone would offer to carry it out to your car for you, then all you would need is for Kevin to take it in the house.....:dunno:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN

They were good, but not great. When I get great at it I'll share.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Ok geeks. How hard is it to wipe a hard drive and install linux? I have an old laptop with vista on it. I want to dump vista and try linux.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Back home. Was going to run to Tractor Supply and the hardware store. Wife said she wanted to come too. So I waited 45 minutes for her to get ready, then went out and spent 4 hours 'shopping' with her for a total of 4 hours 45 minutes. I could have done the same in less than 2 hours. Oh, but I did get to buy her an over priced lunch at Boston's on US30/41.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Went by your house last night around 5:30 and saw a great show the wife, grandson and I enjoyed very much. My wife liked the blue and white snowflakes on the front of the house along with the falling snowballs on the tree. When we got home she called both daughters and told them to go by your house to see the light and music display. Wizards in Winter music and lights was her favorite. :rockwoot:
    Glad you dropped by. Wizards in Winter is everyone's favorite. But it took days to program.
    When I get done with Christmas Eve in Sarajevo, I think it will be another hit.
    The snowflakes are a new addition this year.

Next year, I have BIG plans.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Ok. You lost me.
    The pants?
    The tamales?
    Or the funbags/sweaterpuppies??

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Glad you dropped by. Wizards in Winter is everyone's favorite. But it took days to program.
    When I get done with Christmas Eve in Sarajevo, I think it will be another hit.
    The snowflakes are a new addition this year.

Next year, I have BIG plans.

As I wrote in my PM we loved it too.

Is Christmas Eve in Sarajevo the 4th song you are working on? Will that be done this year because we'd like to try to get back there if you add it to the mix.

On a technical note, how many circuits are you running and what type of software/hardware do you use to put on the show. Its awesome! :yesway:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    OK so the range trip to Blythes in Valpo was a uneventful trip and a waste of time and gas.... but no ammo got used... These new shooters are cramping my style....

Thought about just shooting a couple rounds off in the corn fields on the way home but atlast I was still in Porter Country and didn't want that type of a problem...

Looks like after work I'm heading to a private range in Wheatfield tomorrow... Can't believe there were soooo many people waiting to use that indoor range today...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As I wrote in my PM we loved it too.

Is Christmas Eve in Sarajevo the 4th song you are working on? Will that be done this year because we'd like to try to get back there if you add it to the mix.

On a technical note, how many circuits are you running and what type of software/hardware do you use to put on the show. Its awesome! :yesway:

Yes, Christmas Eve in Sarajevo is the 4th song.
    Christmas Eve to Christmas Day midnight I put the 3rd song out, Dance of the Sugar Plum Faries from Nutcracker.
    I hope to have Christmas Eve done before I pack things up. It should compare to Wizards in Winter with the speed and intensity.

I have 32 outputs I can control. Two controllers. 16 outputs per controller.
    The hardware/software is from Light-O-Rama. If you want to check the stuff out, come on by sometime. I finish working mids Sunday morning. Off till Wednesday. Or some other time. Always like to show off my work.

If you go to YouTube, you can see my lights over a few years by searching for "Merrillville Christmas Lights" You'll see Acteon, or "my Christmas lights 2009" etc.
    I only added music in 2011. Before that, I just had animations. They are very easy to set up once I figured the software out. Then I graduated to the music.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ok geeks. How hard is it to wipe a hard drive and install linux? I have an old laptop with vista on it. I want to dump vista and try linux.

If you have a CD/DVD tray in that laptop then give KNOPPIX a try before you do a full blown linux install.

KNOPPIX - Live Linux Filesystem On CD

KNOPPIX is a flavor of linux that runs off the CD/DVD. So when you restart your pc you tell it to boot from the cd/dvd tray as oppose to the hard drive and it runs KNOPPIX so you can see if you like linux and what it has to offer.

If you do and don't run into any issue then go with Ubuntu since it's the easiest for PC window users and n00bs.

The Best Linux Distros

OK so the range trip to Blythes in Valpo was a uneventful trip and a waste of time and gas.... but no ammo got used... These new shooters are cramping my style....

Thought about just shooting a couple rounds off in the corn fields on the way home but atlast I was still in Porter Country and didn't want that type of a problem...

Looks like after work I'm heading to a private range in Wheatfield tomorrow... Can't believe there were soooo many people waiting to use that indoor range today...

Well it is the only game in town for PORTER county folks you know.

DID SOMEONE SAY BOOBS?

man-boobs.jpg

or do you mean these :D
    mcdonalds%20animal%20growth%20hormones%20big%20boobs.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ya but I like the fun bags with less hair... I mean...

Well fixin the whole no playing on a range thing tomorrow... probably be after dark before I get out there but he has flood lights soooo...

Hmmmm maybe try that laser light thingy on the 308 while I'm at it... only 250 yards though... I'll have to doooo I guess...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom