what about these? :D

AndysGuns.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I know, I cried on th way home a little...

There may be a memorial service at the 1101 Cigar Lounge
    Just like a funeral, lots of :crying:

Someone playing Amazing Grace on the :nopity:

Old guys talking about the passing of their friend :oldwise:

Till someone else borrows Andy's gun. Who knows what will happen.
    I wonder if Blythe's will print out the "Twigs & Berries" INGO thread and advertise the gun for what it is . . . the most famous Ruger SR1911 known to man!

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Does anyone have a Dr in the area they particularly like? I'd prefer to stay in the Hammond, Highland, Griffith area.
    I think I'm gonna switch. I just want a guy that's decent and competant. Personable would be nice. And not a prescription nazi like mine. I was at my Dr almost in tears from pain and asked for some vicodin or percosets or something and he looked at me like I had a heroin needle haning out of my arm and told me to take some Advil. When I went to Ireland a few years ago I asked for some Ambien to help me sleep on the 12 hour plane rides and adjust to the change in time zones. He wrote me a prescripton for SIX. Six pills. God forbid I should have a few around in case I have a bad stretch of insomnia. I've had to call off to go in when he wouldn't call in a prescription for known issues that he's seen me for in the past....
    Stuff like that. I want a dr that trusts me when I tell him something is wrong and doesn't look at me like i'm scratching the skin off my face and begging for fentinyl patches because I want a handful of percs so I can get through a work day with my lower back in agony.
    I'm gonna be 40 before I know it too...so I guess small fingers would be a bonus.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I love Dr Good, Munster community. Only issues is the wait is long. But all the other docs refer to him as house. Except he's a real nice guy, he makes small talk while diagnosing you listens to your concerns. The guy is awesome, a little out of your way, but I know he practices at St. John, but I recommend him every chance I get. But like I say, be prepared for up to an hour wait for an appointment. Which I think it's that long because he's never short with patients. He takes his time with everyone.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Does anyone have a Dr in the area they particularly like? I'd prefer to stay in the Hammond, Highland, Griffith area.
    I think I'm gonna switch. I just want a guy that's decent and competant. Personable would be nice. And not a prescription nazi like mine. I was at my Dr almost in tears from pain and asked for some vicodin or percosets or something and he looked at me like I had a heroin needle haning out of my arm and told me to take some Advil. When I went to Ireland a few years ago I asked for some Ambien to help me sleep on the 12 hour plane rides and adjust to the change in time zones. He wrote me a prescripton for SIX. Six pills. God forbid I should have a few around in case I have a bad stretch of insomnia. I've had to call off to go in when he wouldn't call in a prescription for known issues that he's seen me for in the past....
    Stuff like that. I want a dr that trusts me when I tell him something is wrong and doesn't look at me like i'm scratching the skin off my face and begging for fentinyl patches because I want a handful of percs so I can get through a work day with my lower back in agony.
    I'm gonna be 40 before I know it too...so I guess small fingers would be a bonus.

That and you need your shin cancer looking at.

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. In town. For Festivus.

I will TRY to show up to the clubhouse at some point... no promises. I may bring my little puppy too. The dog, not the wife.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts

Asking for something by name makes you look like a drug seeker. Prescription drug abuse is the worst among narcotics, and it is because of doctors. This is why they don't give you any extra.

6 pills? I'm suprised he didn't give you 2. One for the way there, and one for the way back.

Be careful, you are being watched. Doctors can look up and see who prescribed you meds, what they were, how many you got, and when you filled them.

If you want to fix this long term issue you need to find a non narcotic way of doing it. Getting on pain meds for long term pain usually means you never get off them.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Looks like Andy has another epic pair of guns there from Darkkevins post... just saying...

The Brit's in the house....

What time you gonna show up out at the cigar shop Napalm ?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I may stop in at the lounge tomorrow to show off my new toy and enjoy a good cigar. Think I may stop in round noon. That's if I don't go to the range that is...

Btw... Nobody is allowed to put this new innocent piece of steel down their pants... Period!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I may stop in at the lounge tomorrow to show off my new toy and enjoy a good cigar. Think I may stop in round noon. That's if I don't go to the range that is...

Btw... Nobody is allowed to put this new innocent piece of steel down their pants... Period!
    Heard that before. Didn't work out so well then either. My bet is that this new gun will be a dirty slut in no time :laugh:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Asking for something by name makes you look like a drug seeker. Prescription drug abuse is the worst among narcotics, and it is because of doctors. This is why they don't give you any extra.

6 pills? I'm suprised he didn't give you 2. One for the way there, and one for the way back.

Be careful, you are being watched. Doctors can look up and see who prescribed you meds, what they were, how many you got, and when you filled them.

If you want to fix this long term issue you need to find a non narcotic way of doing it. Getting on pain meds for long term pain usually means you never get off them.

It's not long term. It was twice in three years seeing him. I don't drink much or often. I've never used illegal drugs. But I don't want to sit around in pain either when a $4 prescription will solve the issue. He can see who prescribed me what all he wants. It's just him. I'm not seeing 15 doctors trying to hustle them all.
    I'd been seing him for a year and a half the first time I asked. And I didn't just go in asking. I went in and then when he was sending me home with advice for advil I asked.

Asking by name? What do you want me to do? Play sharades? 3 syllables, first letter.....

If that's the sign of a good doctor to have me sitting in pain then I want a crappy doctor. Because the good dr leaves me with the option of agony, or getting a handful of pain pills form family or friends and risking my job if I get pulled for a randaom test. I'm 34 years old. I don't want to play some kind of cat and mouse game for relief.

And I don't have a problem long term. I had a couple of incidents where I found myself in agony and had a fat prick of a doctor who looked at me all smugly for wanting to feel better.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    It's not long term. It was twice in three years seeing him. I don't drink much or often. I've never used illegal drugs. But I don't want to sit around in pain either when a $4 prescription will solve the issue. He can see who prescribed me what all he wants. It's just him. I'm not seeing 15 doctors trying to hustle them all.
    I'd been seing him for a year and a half the first time I asked. And I didn't just go in asking. I went in and then when he was sending me home with advice for advil I asked.

Asking by name? What do you want me to do? Play sharades? 3 syllables, first letter.....

If that's the sign of a good doctor to have me sitting in pain then I want a crappy doctor. Because the good dr leaves me with the option of agony, or getting a handful of pain pills form family or friends and risking my job if I get pulled for a randaom test. I'm 34 years old. I don't want to play some kind of cat and mouse game for relief.

And I don't have a problem long term. I had a couple of incidents where I found myself in agony and had a fat prick of a doctor who looked at me all smugly for wanting to feel better.

Often doctors are pompus asses. If you want something, they want to make "the call" on what to give.

Back pain is the one thing that is difficult to get pain medicine for. Drug seekers use "back pain" as thier complaint because you can't prove or disprove it.

I'm just trying to tell you that your battle will be uphill.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Cleaning up and getting ready to head NORTH OF US 30 to spend the afternoon with gangsta, thugs and other ne're-do'ells who inhabit the Northlands of our beloved county. Hate to do it, but my little niece probably should get her Christmas present, as we do our gift exchange with her family today.

On the way home, if its early enough, I may swing by the Clubhouse to partake in the afternoon football games. I know several regulars are planning to watch the big screen at the cigar lounge, not sure about INGO members, but hopefully I'll make it and see Andy219's new "untainted" Sig.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Well I can't help what part hurts. I'll tell you though, one time I'd have cut my thumb off while he watched if I thought he'd think that was serious enough to give me something. Now that's some drug seeking behavior.

And I'm not showing up at an ER begging, it's my regular doctor. He's seen me 15 times for my BP before the first time I went in for a pain related reason.
    I just hate the game. I'm sitting there trying to express how much pain I'm in without trying to come off like some kind of heroin addict going thru withdrawal.
    I don't want a game, I want to know if I'm paying the money that I'm gonna get some help for it. I don't go to the dr unless it's BAD. I don't have the time or money to go for a scratch or a stuffy nose.

Every carpenter i work with is walking around with a sack of oxycontin like it's popcorn. I guess I want a doctor that's more concerned with protecting me from the issue at hand than protecting me from myself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom