Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Not sure if it was cause of Christmas, the panic buying from the election, recent shooting, or what, but dang has Blythes in Griffith been a mad house. Silver and I were there yesterday, and the cash register line was around 10 people, not to mention all those crowded around the firearms. As Silver was standing in line, she had the last box of 5.56 tracer, and someone offered to buy it from her for double what they were asking. I asked her why she didn't sell it, and its because she wants to fire them, since she never has. Sometimes I forget that not everyone has gotten to shoot automatic weapons and tracers like it aint no thing. Oh well, glad she got them to fire though, I am sure she will enjoy them, just have to make sure we find a place thats good to shoot them at.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So what the heck is going on with NPCCC?
    Just got the email with charged being filed against the president by the secreatry and also charges being files by the president against the secretary. From the looks of it a hostile take down of the pres of the club is in order. If those charges against him are true and Isuspect they are based oh what Ihave heard about him then he does need to go. Holding the pres office and the treasury office as well. Hum... smells real bad!
    Just hope it does not get as bad as what happen to the UBM (in ec) back in the 70s. seems like the same thing and in the end the members at gun point stormed their own building, dragged out their own pres and vice president and took them to ec court house to have charged of money fraud and attempting to surpass their own bylaws of the club. Fasinating story that Iwas able to read up on and interview old timers of the ubm about who part took in that raid. No shoots were fired by the way.

Ghost get you gun you may need it. =)

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    So what the heck is going on with NPCCC?
    Just got the email with charged being filed against the president by the secreatry and also charges being files by the president against the secretary. From the looks of it a hostile take down of the pres of the club is in order. If those charges against him are true and Isuspect they are based oh what Ihave heard about him then he does need to go. Holding the pres office and the treasury office as well. Hum... smells real bad!
    Just hope it does not get as bad as what happen to the UBM (in ec) back in the 70s. seems like the same thing and in the end the members at gun point stormed their own building, dragged out their own pres and vice president and took them to ec court house to have charged of money fraud and attempting to surpass their own bylaws of the club. Fasinating story that Iwas able to read up on and interview old timers of the ubm about who part took in that raid. No shoots were fired by the way.

Ghost get you gun you may need it. =)

You don't know th half of it Jedi.....as for having my gun...I ALWAYS have my gun. :ar15:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Not sure if I can stop by or not today... Wife has me on a short leash plus I am dying of some form of tropical disease. Also have to go to Illinois to help a friend pull a steering rack out of a Grand Prix so I can take it back to Kentucky.. :D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Not sure if I can stop by or not today... Wife has me on a short leash plus I am dying of some form of tropical disease. Also have to go to Illinois to help a friend pull a steering rack out of a Grand Prix so I can take it back to Kentucky.. :D

You have a friend. Who knew :dunno:

You don't know th half of it Jedi.....as for having my gun...I ALWAYS have my gun. :ar15:
    Do tell. Inquiring minds want to know!

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Bastage :P

So, I heard from a little birdy that Cabelas pulled all their ARs and 30rd mags from the shelves.

Really, Cabelas? You will never, ever get another cent out of me.

Ever.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Bastage :P

So, I heard from a little birdy that Cabelas pulled all their ARs and 30rd mags from the shelves.

Really, Cabelas? You will never, ever get another cent out of me.

Ever.

If they did that would doom them in my book too. I'd like to know the whole story, not just a rumor. I just hope they didn't sell out of inventory and people are starting rumors.

Anyone have the FACTS on this?

UPDATE: They still list AR15s on their website for order.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    If they did that would doom them in my book too. I'd like to know the whole story, not just a rumor. I just hope they didn't sell out of inventory and people are starting rumors.

Anyone have the FACTS on this?

UPDATE: They still list AR15s on their website for order.

PM'd you.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Got it. That is more than a wild rumor. Hope it turns out to be something different than it appears.

I mean it goes against what I stand for, because I hate people boycotting a business because of the actions of the corporation...but I do occasionally spend money in Cabelas.

I will find an address for corporate and write them a letter. I don't feel too bad though because all the brainless idiots who live around here (or just across the border, natch) will still buy from the store.

I heard a figure bandied around also today in terms of sales this year for firearms alone. It was bloody massive.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    It isn't just that they sold out?

I thought that. I am clarifying the situation. I don't want to create a witch hunt.... yet ;)

Re: Cabelas:
    "Sold out of ARs, don't know if/when we will be getting more. 30 rnd mags are not on the shelf and don't know if we can put them out"

We'll have to wait for someone else to chime in on this for right now. So no-one panic and boycott cabelas just yet... ;)

On a related note.
    My mother in law said:
    I never understood why anyone needed an assault rifle anyway. Even your brother in law [he is ex 82nd Airborne and served in Iraq].

I said:
    The fastest speed limit in the country is what, 70MPH? Your car goes 130 at least. Why have it?

She said:
    I ... see your point.

Last edited:

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"

Second on that Ghost. It's getting deeper every day, apparently from what I have heard there is a "hearing" on January 4th at 7 pm by the executive committee to hear the"charges" against the secretary. (Kangaroo court anyone?).
    Best of all where should they hold it .... at the clubhouse? Oh no, they are going to have it at the porter county Sheriffs dept office. Now the President needs to use intimidation also? Maybe they will bring the secretary in to the hearing in cuffs and legirons, and an orange jump suit .

It's time the members take a more active role in what's going on. The club needs to move forward, not lay stagnant.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Second on that Ghost. It's getting deeper every day, apparently from what I have heard there is a "hearing" on January 4th at 7 pm by the executive committee to hear the"charges" against the secretary. (Kangaroo court anyone?).
    Best of all where should they hold it .... at the clubhouse? Oh no, they are going to have it at the porter county Sheriffs dept office. Now the President needs to use intimidation also? Maybe they will bring the secretary in to the hearing in cuffs and legirons, and an orange jump suit .

It's time the members take a more active role in what's going on. The club needs to move forward, not lay stagnant.

Wow, I thought drama at the Ike's was bad. There we usually just have grumpy old farts that want everything done their way or they start *****ing about it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Got it. That is more than a wild rumor. Hope it turns out to be something different than it appears.

Well spill the beans! What is going on?

Well if the charges we got via email against the club president (CP) are true then he really does need to step down or kicked out. But then again it will all depends on what the active membership really wants, cares, etc.

I've been in clubs before where we had *** like that happen and it did get ugly, not to the point of a forceful removable (ie. at gun point or physically) but very close to it.

Wish you guys luck in whatever you do. What is the unofficial website that they have going now? Too bad that club is just a bit too far for my taste otherwise I would have joined.

Keep us posted in what occurs.

ps.
    When it comes to money, especially member money, it is always best to be as transparent as possible. Open the books, let anyone (member wise) see them, and allow to ask question at any meeting. From the looks of it the CP has not allowed that and who knows what is going on with the money.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom