Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Well spill the beans! What is going on?

Well if the charges we got via email against the club president (CP) are true then he really does need to step down or kicked out. But then again it will all depends on what the active membership really wants, cares, etc.

I've been in clubs before where we had *** like that happen and it did get ugly, not to the point of a forceful removable (ie. at gun point or physically) but very close to it.

Wish you guys luck in whatever you do. What is the unofficial website that they have going now? Too bad that club is just a bit too far for my taste otherwise I would have joined.

Keep us posted in what occurs.

ps.
    When it comes to money, especially member money, it is always best to be as transparent as possible. Open the books, let anyone (member wise) see them, and allow to ask question at any meeting. From the looks of it the CP has not allowed that and who knows what is going on with the money.

hey, right back at ya, SPILL THE BEANS!! sounds like a springer episode :D

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I told you all the info I have re: Cabelas.

OOS of AR15s, not known when/if they'll get more, appears like 30rnd AR mags have been pulled.
    Errors and omissions excepted.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You have a friend. Who knew :dunno:

Do tell. Inquiring minds want to know!

You don't know th half of it Jedi.....as for having my gun...I ALWAYS have my gun. :ar15:

Bastage :P

So, I heard from a little birdy that Cabelas pulled all their ARs and 30rd mags from the shelves.

Really, Cabelas? You will never, ever get another cent out of me.

Ever.
    :facepalm:
    Worthless info. :rofl:
    Where is lowendgen... someone drag him into the thread. =P

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Worthless info. :rofl:
    Where is lowendgen... someone drag him into the thread. =P

Well screw you guys, I'm going home :P

No, I texted the source directly and she said right now they're out of ARs and she doesn't know when they'll have more or even IF.

I don't have a Cabelas in Louisville and I buy all my ammo at my LGS so it's easy for me to boycott the place ;)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Do androids dream of electric sheep?
    :dunno:
    Electric-sheep.png

Well screw you guys, I'm going home :P

No, I texted the source directly and she said right now they're out of ARs and she doesn't know when they'll have more or even IF.

I don't have a Cabelas in Louisville and I buy all my ammo at my LGS so it's easy for me to boycott the place ;)

oooohhhh now I know who you talked to.
    Hum...
    Interesting.
    Sounds more like they ran out of stock and can't get more since supply is very low since everyone and their mamma is buying ARs like no tomorrow and the makers of ARs can not keep up with the demand.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I thought that. I am clarifying the situation. I don't want to create a witch hunt.... yet ;)

Re: Cabelas:
    "Sold out of ARs, don't know if/when we will be getting more. 30 rnd mags are not on the shelf and don't know if we can put them out"

We'll have to wait for someone else to chime in on this for right now. So no-one panic and boycott cabelas just yet... ;)

On a related note.
    My mother in law said:
    I never understood why anyone needed an assault rifle anyway. Even your brother in law [he is ex 82nd Airborne and served in Iraq].

I said:
    The fastest speed limit in the country is what, 70MPH? Your car goes 130 at least. Why have it?

She said:
    I ... see your point.

C'mon Napalm, how many people do you know that work at Cabela's? You could at least ask the guy who has the real skinny on the situation. :rolleyes:

Plain and simple, the company is overwhelmed with custom orders for ARs. We're talking in the hundreds just at the Hammond store. At this time, no new orders are being taken, because it would just delay the time it would take to catch up. Nothing was 'pulled' and there's no stock in the back waiting to go out. Cabela's isn't ceasing the sale of semi-automatic rifles.

And when they do come back in stock, they're going out at the same price as before the great wigout of 2012. The Wal-Mart of guns we may be, but filthy gougers, we ain't.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @low

So what you are saying is you have stopped all gun sales because you are scared of what O may do to Cabela's as such you won't sell us THUGS and REDNECKS anymore assault rifles and clips. Got it. :rofl:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sounds like Cabelas is just like all the other LGS's... Nothing in stock all sold out waiting for all the manufacturers to go back into 150% production when thier workers all come back to work after the holidays with thier families...

Normal then....

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    s at Cabelas last night, they still had a few AR style 22's on display I asked about one and it was $450 for a M&P 22, They has 3 or 4 skids of bulk ammo, some of it 9mm, none of it 223/556. I was surprised as to how many long guns they had on display as I expected them to be cleaned out.

There were a number of jackasses cutting the line to view weapons who were than waited on by the counter people:rolleyes:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    In Chicago visiting Santa. Melen asked for an AR15. Didn't go over well. Must be one of Rahm Emmanuel's operatives playing anti-gun Santa. But the look on his face when she asked. . . PRICELESS

Oh the joys of raising politically incorrect kids!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sounds like Cabelas is just like all the other LGS's... Nothing in stock all sold out waiting for all the manufacturers to go back into 150% production when thier workers all come back to work after the holidays with thier families...

Normal then....

--shop boss--
    Xmas is cancelled! get back to work making me guns!!
    More guns... moore guns....

Hhhhhhaaaaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaa
    :faint:

s at Cabelas last night, they still had a few AR style 22's on display I asked about one and it was $450 for a M&P 22, They has 3 or 4 skids of bulk ammo, some of it 9mm, none of it 223/556. I was surprised as to how many long guns they had on display as I expected them to be cleaned out.

There were a number of jackasses cutting the line to view weapons who were than waited on by the counter people:rolleyes:

You should do like the thugs and start making a scene that the person cut in line.
    Work at the kfc/poeyes line.
    :rofl:

In Chicago visiting Santa. Melen asked for an AR15. Didn't go over well. Must be one of Rahm Emmanuel's operatives playing anti-gun Santa. But the look on his face when she asked. . . PRICELESS

Oh the joys of raising politically incorrect kids!

:wow: :faint: :facepalm:
    Did you get a picture of it?
    What did he say?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Anyone a member of, or been to Dawn to Dusk hunt club in Valpo? Just drove by and noticed the sign the other day. Bird hunting is something I thought would always be need to do, and probably a good way to get into hunting in general...seems a bit less intense than deer or something like that.

Just looking for thoughts or comments on the club as a member or as a guest on a hunt.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi thats one heck of a hunt club you found coverage of... HHHmmmm now I'm thinking about my Gunbunnies Ranch again, but since I did see the whole movie I think we will have to keep the end a bit different if you get what I mean...

Melensdad, You should of had video to post of the Santa encounter...

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    Second on that Ghost. It's getting deeper every day, apparently from what I have heard there is a "hearing" on January 4th at 7 pm by the executive committee to hear the"charges" against the secretary. (Kangaroo court anyone?).
    Best of all where should they hold it .... at the clubhouse? Oh no, they are going to have it at the porter county Sheriffs dept office. Now the President needs to use intimidation also? Maybe they will bring the secretary in to the hearing in cuffs and legirons, and an orange jump suit .

It's time the members take a more active role in what's going on. The club needs to move forward, not lay stagnant.

Sorry to be late to the party on this topic but I am sick about the recent events at the club. We could be so much better than we are.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom