• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'm pretty weak and forgetful in my old age but no that isn't it... I mean I think that isn't it, I guess I better go check again just to be sure it isn't it, ya, I'm right that isn't it...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I try not to have any liberals around during coffee time... it just doesn't start the morning off right...

Sooo I'm wondering what the heck that beeping sound I'm getting in my Suburban is ever so often... theres no error messages on the console but it just beeps ever so often. Normally after I've driven around for a while... lots more when I come to a stop... if it was a computer I would just ask it what was wrong but it's a car... Any ideas ?

Check all your fluid levels, low oil level-brake fluid-windshield washer fluid- antifreeze level-automatic trans fluid-button for overdrive-blinker fluid-TPMS/air pressure in tires (may be one in spare tire)-air filter dirty-gas cap not tight or missing. Call a dealer service dept.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    .04 primer
    .05 powder
    .09 projectile

.18 each x 50 = $9 a box

I never include brass as you should have that already. Snd I round high. These prices based on last time I bought supplies. The .09 in projectiles is your GB price rounded up

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    We have a mini meet up with aclark, Merxxis, Bill B, 9mmJV and myself in here today . . . plus the 'regulars' too.

Doh, I miss all the fun.... I'll be in tomorrow though, with my Sig Sauer P226 Stainless Elite in my Galco SS Snap OWB holster worn at 245 loaded with Remington JHP's, 12 +1. :rockwoot:

It'll probably be an early one for me, as in arriving early... Have to take Daisy to the vet for some follow up bloodwork at 430' so ill probably leave around 2ish. I'll probably get there around 11ish.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Doh, I miss all the fun.... I'll be in tomorrow though, with my Sig Sauer P226 Stainless Elite in my Galco SS Snap OWB holster worn at 245 loaded with Remington JHP's, 12 +1. :rockwoot:

It'll probably be an early one for me, as in arriving early... Have to take Daisy to the vet for some follow up bloodwork at 430' so ill probably leave around 2ish. I'll probably get there around 11ish.

ISH means "I'm Sleeping at Home" to Andy :D:D

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Free at range.

Free range brass, not to be confused with free range chicken, that costs more.

It's cheaper to buy a box of ammo and shoot it, then buy new brass in most cases.

40 is a high pressure round to start reloading with. The spent brass may be bulged (especially from a glock), and you need to run it through a bulge buster or something to get it back to spec.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Free at range.

Free range brass, not to be confused with free range chicken, that costs more.

It's cheaper to buy a box of ammo and shoot it, then buy new brass in most cases.

40 is a high pressure round to start reloading with. The spent brass may be bulged (especially from a glock), and you need to run it through a bulge buster or something to get it back to spec.

I'm trying to fins out how much you save reloading, with and without reused brass

Not much when using new brass the first time.
    Recall that you can get anywhere from 5 to 10 re-uses on brass before they fail with the avg being 7. So look at the price of brass divide by the cost and then divide by 7 for re-use to determine the cost of brass the first time.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    The anti-gun media has managed to convert another person to wanting one. My wife asked me this morning to teach her to shoot. She was watching the news and she realized how vulnerable she was.

Let me know if you would like me to help teach. Would not mind bringing my wife by and teaching them both some self defense shooting as well as some other defense.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I try not to have any liberals around during coffee time... it just doesn't start the morning off right...

Sooo I'm wondering what the heck that beeping sound I'm getting in my Suburban is ever so often... theres no error messages on the console but it just beeps ever so often. Normally after I've driven around for a while... lots more when I come to a stop... if it was a computer I would just ask it what was wrong but it's a car... Any ideas ?

Put your seat belt on??? :D:D:D:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom