• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Its free training right? Take it and never say no. U never know when you might need some useless (AT THE TIME) information.

That's what they keep telling me and I am all about training of any kind, I just know getting that training is going to turn me into the unit tech b*+**.

But theres no point in complaining because its going to happen one way or another :/

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Training is always good, it makes the head hurt and the oxygen keep flowing....

Just saying...

Jedi, I normally have to follow someone like you.... to stop all the screaming that is...

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    L1 was on Indy north of 165 when I got mine. That was a few years ago though.:dunno:

Looks like near the courthouse in Hammond now.

DGG
    They will make you the b**** because you think citizens should be armed. :laugh:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    They made me proficient in many types of radios, from digital to old Harris radios. I've got digital radios down that's no biggie, the problem is they want me to be the guy that runs around the unit fixing peoples computer issues.

Training is always good, it makes the head hurt and the oxygen keep flowing....

Just saying...

Jedi, I normally have to follow someone like you.... to stop all the screaming that is...

& this is why they don't let jedi do this at work 90% of the time because he could care less about user/work productivity or downtime. You tell jedi to fix it, sure he may just take the whole system down in the middle of the day if he can't find a way to spagaitie band-aid the mess that these closets are in. That is what occured yesterday. =)

I have no patients for how some of these clostest look.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I'm not above spending the clients cash on fixing the real problems after putting the band-aid on it to get em back up while they are in need...

I guess the difference is I'm a outside contractor and get paid when I show up, and you are being paid the same amount if you actually fix the problem or continually put band-aids on it.. The pecil pushers at your place probably say, put band-aids on that as it isn't costing us anymore to do so over and over again... where as when the contractor comes in and puts a band-aid on it and makes it work then charges them a new amount each time they start looking at it as how to stop that expense... Soooo do you need to higher me to help make your life easier, maybe.....

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Well I'm not above spending the clients cash on fixing the real problems after putting the band-aid on it to get em back up while they are in need...

I guess the difference is I'm a outside contractor and get paid when I show up, and you are being paid the same amount if you actually fix the problem or continually put band-aids on it.. The pecil pushers at your place probably say, put band-aids on that as it isn't costing us anymore to do so over and over again... where as when the contractor comes in and puts a band-aid on it and makes it work then charges them a new amount each time they start looking at it as how to stop that expense... Soooo do you need to higher me to help make your life easier, maybe.....

I like that attitude.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

No budget & thus why I don't have "magic faries" right now and thus why I'm not getting to actually see all this work and doing it the "sith way" of take it all down and fix it right!

Besides you don't want to come to chica---- :laugh:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I have other Computer guys I can get out there in the red zone....

They don't mind combat pay, you know...

What do you mean they don't have money for the fixes, they get 57% of what I bring in every month.... Knowing who your client is and all....

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    man you guys talking nerd is making my brain hurt....

i either have a slow draw or a bad alternator on my truck. im leaning towards bad alternator because after long drives it will start fine but short trips the battery dies. im not ruling out the slow draw because i have a half ton of open wires and wires that could be striped and touching metal. its a regular fire hazard on wheels.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0

i either have a slow draw or a bad alternator on my truck. im leaning towards bad alternator because after long drives it will start fine but short trips the battery dies. im not ruling out the slow draw because i have a half ton of open wires and wires that could be striped and touching metal. its a regular fire hazard on wheels.
    Thank god, a subject for men...
    Sounds more like a battery or the slow draw than an alternator. How many volts is the alternator putting out? What's the battery voltage with everything off? How old is the battery? With everything off do you get a spark when disconnecting the negative on the battery?

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    Thank god, a subject for men...
    Sounds more like a battery or the slow draw than an alternator. How many volts is the alternator putting out? What's the battery voltage with everything off? How old is the battery? With everything off do you get a spark when disconnecting the negative on the battery?

Battery was replaced in July, and tested fine a couple months ago(different problem) now that i think of it i busted one of the hold down bolts, i wonder if it bounced around and loosened the cables. ill have to check if i ever get home in the daylight.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

Auto Zone will check out the electrical system for FREE.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    You can gave 1000 open ends. As long as they don't complete a circuit they won't put a load on the battery to drain.

A dead short would gave cooked a wire already.

A bad alt even on a long trip might not have charged the battery enough and killed the car.

Do you have a VOM? If so how good are you with it?
    Disco the B+ from the battery and put the VOM in amp mode and see what the draw is with the car off. If more than 1 or 2 you got a draw issue

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I try not to have any liberals around during coffee time... it just doesn't start the morning off right...

Sooo I'm wondering what the heck that beeping sound I'm getting in my Suburban is ever so often... theres no error messages on the console but it just beeps ever so often. Normally after I've driven around for a while... lots more when I come to a stop... if it was a computer I would just ask it what was wrong but it's a car... Any ideas ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom