• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Fingerprints are now getting funneled to county so they can use iscan. Gone are the ink days. We have it where I'm located, in EC at that, but do not do prints for the public. Sorry.

As GB stated, a private firm can do it as well.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You know I'm not A+ certified and I think that wouldn't be that big of a deal...

Lets see no certification but yet I fixed a dozen computers in 6 different locations... and still home in time to have dinner with the wife....

Don't get me wrong, Certification is great but being able to put a bandaid on a broken piece of hardware or software and get it back up and running in a moments notice is well priceless... and comes from seeing that and fixing that before type of thing...

Just saying....

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, try toning out a cat5 cable in a radio station... all you get on the toner is the radio station broadcast... get it... LOL....

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Ok. Tried looking for an answer, honest. But I'm at work, looking on my cell. And it just isn't cutting it.

Co worker lives in East Chicago applied for LTCH online. Went in to PD for fingerprinting.
    They said they don't do it.
    Now, I haven't worried about this in a while. I remember something about L1 electronic scan.
    Where can I send this guy?
    Any help is appreciated.
    This cell phone is ok for reading the forum, but sucks for researching.

Just went thru all the electronic fingerprinting for a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in Hammond and had it done the last time I went to renew my CDL for HAZ-MAT.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just went thru all the electronic fingerprinting for a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card in Hammond and had it done the last time I went to renew my CDL for HAZ-MAT.

I'm trying to find an address. Every search I do comes back with Chicago stuff.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    DGG, sorry to say but the days of the old tube set radios are long gone.. Everything has gone computerized and most secure COMM's are digital packet based.... Your gonna have to learn about computers to play with the radio's... Maybe change your MOS to something else...

Acteon277, I think what your looking for is L1 Security in Hobart but I think your friend has to get a appointment with them for that...

Jedi, It's those cables over there, ya over there in that other closet...

I didn't see L1 Security in Hobart in the 2013 phone book in the yellow or white pages.:dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, try toning out a cat5 cable in a radio station... all you get on the toner is the radio station broadcast... get it... LOL....

:facepalm:

I do like my idea better just nuke them all and wait for everyone in the office to start screaming that they have no internet. :D

Solves the problem of who's cable is who. :rolleyes:

You know I'm not A+ certified and I think that wouldn't be that big of a deal...

Lets see no certification but yet I fixed a dozen computers in 6 different locations... and still home in time to have dinner with the wife....

Don't get me wrong, Certification is great but being able to put a bandaid on a broken piece of hardware or software and get it back up and running in a moments notice is well priceless... and comes from seeing that and fixing that before type of thing...

Just saying....

yeah but you are like pre-computers so off course no certs. You saw the birth of the microchip. :laugh:

Fellow nwi member (Porter), looking forward to chatting with everyone.

NWI Lingo
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-84.html#post2707263

NWI Voting order
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ingo_general_post_part_2_a-2.html#post2850500

Oh great another PORTER county gun nut! :D;)

Welcome to the dis-functional family. Grab a seat and enjoy the chatter. Make sure you like on the upcoming events. They start in MAR and we might have a surprise in Vaplo in FEB. :)

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    DGG, sorry to say but the days of the old tube set radios are long gone.. Everything has gone computerized and most secure COMM's are digital packet based.... Your gonna have to learn about computers to play with the radio's... Maybe change your MOS to something else...

They made me proficient in many types of radios, from digital to old Harris radios. I've got digital radios down that's no biggie, the problem is they want me to be the guy that runs around the unit fixing peoples computer issues.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm trying to find an address. Every search I do comes back with Chicago stuff.
    MorphoTrust USA, Enrollment Services Division in Indiana

NORTHWESTERN REGION
    Gary Gary, IN. (661 Broadway ) [Map (opens new browser)] M - F 8:30 - 12, 1 - 3:30
    Hammond Hammond, IN. (200 Russell St) [Map (opens new browser)] T 8:30 - 12:30, 1:30 - 4:30
    La Porte La Porte, IN. (100 East Shore Court) [Map (opens new browser)] F 10 - 4
    Merrillville Merrillville, IN. (25 W 80th Place) [Map (opens new browser)] M - F 9:15 - 4 ; Sa 10 - 12
    Portage Portage, IN. (2323 Willowcreek Rd) [Map (opens new browser)] Every Other M 9 - 4; W 1 - 7 ; Every Other Sa 9 - 12
    Rensselaer Rensselaer, IN. (4788 Nesbit Dr) [Map (opens new browser)] W 10:30 - 1:30 ; F 2 - 5

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    They made me proficient in many types of radios, from digital to old Harris radios. I've got digital radios down that's no biggie, the problem is they want me to be the guy that runs around the unit fixing peoples computer issues.

Its free training right? Take it and never say no. U never know when you might need some useless (AT THE TIME) information.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I didn't see L1 Security in Hobart in the 2013 phone book in the yellow or white pages.:dunno:

Schedule an appointment with L-1 Identity Solutions (ph. 877- 472-6917 or www.l1enrollment.com ) to submit your fingerprints electronically to the Indiana State Police.
    • <LI class=guns>Fingerprint location: The Packing Store, 25 w. 80th Pl., Merrillville, IN
    • Fingerprint fee is $10.95 and State fee is on the table below. If you are unable to pay online you may pay your fingerprint fee and state fee with one money order payable to L-1 Identity Solutions. Take the money order with you to the Packaging Store.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom