Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    My immune system must be superhuman.
    Or u iz alien. :rofl:

I *** hate the *** who wired the basement of this **** bldg I am in! There is an entire unit (15 pcs, 5 printers) who's cables are misleabeld and not going to any comms closet in the basement. So wtf are these cables going! These people are connected to the network but how. :dunno:

Sigh!!!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Da Coach is in Da House. Limited edition 1000 boxes worldwide. Not sure that I can get any more of deeze ceegars. But dey are here at Da Clubhouse while dey last.

3 different series, 4 sizes of each. Da Player, Da Coach, Da Hall of Famer. Robusto, Toro, Torpedo and Da Big Bomb. Each is individually boxed in a mini-box.

image_zps5aff01bf.jpg

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Or u iz alien. :rofl:

I *** hate the *** who wired the basement of this **** bldg I am in! There is an entire unit (15 pcs, 5 printers) who's cables are misleabeld and not going to any comms closet in the basement. So wtf are these cables going! These people are connected to the network but how. :dunno:

Sigh!!!

Oh hey I almost forgot your a computer nerd wanted to tell you the army is making me do a+ and security + :(

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Oh hey I almost forgot your a computer nerd wanted to tell you the army is making me do a+ and security + :(

He's an amateur computer nerd. :):

Not sure why you are down on the idea of getting those certifications. They could be helpful to you going forward, both in and out of the military.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I didn't sign up for the army to learn about computers, something that has nothing to do with my job, which is a tactical radio operator. Thing is when not deployed my job is useless so they say hmmm what can we do with him until deployment? Ooooh let's make him an IT guy

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    wifi, no, bluetooth, no, IR, yes it must be IR.

Cat 6 cables thank you.

Wannabe computer nerd

He's an amateur computer nerd. :):

Not sure why you are down on the idea of getting those certifications. They could be helpful to you going forward, both in and out of the military.

Hey now I do have my A+ certification and a few others just don't need to ever use them. That is what I have you IT slaves for! Why get my hands dirty when I can just ask the "magic faries" to do it for me.

Work smarter NOT harder!

No get back to work.

BTW I found the cables. Mislabels and in the wrong *** closet and wrong color!!!!

Hey did you get my permission to use my likeness in a photo?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I didn't sign up for the army to learn about computers, something that has nothing to do with my job, which is a tactical radio operator. Thing is when not deployed my job is useless so they say hmmm what can we do with him until deployment? Ooooh let's make him an IT guy
    And you think that the Army will always have you as a radio operator? ;)

Plus, remember that most everything is run by a computer these days. Knowing something about repairing them and securing them will be good knowledge.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ok. Tried looking for an answer, honest. But I'm at work, looking on my cell. And it just isn't cutting it.

Co worker lives in East Chicago applied for LTCH online. Went in to PD for fingerprinting.
    They said they don't do it.
    Now, I haven't worried about this in a while. I remember something about L1 electronic scan.
    Where can I send this guy?
    Any help is appreciated.
    This cell phone is ok for reading the forum, but sucks for researching.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    DGG, sorry to say but the days of the old tube set radios are long gone.. Everything has gone computerized and most secure COMM's are digital packet based.... Your gonna have to learn about computers to play with the radio's... Maybe change your MOS to something else...

Acteon277, I think what your looking for is L1 Security in Hobart but I think your friend has to get a appointment with them for that...

Jedi, It's those cables over there, ya over there in that other closet...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom