jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    BP Workers

GoW or anyone else that works/goes to BP Whiting do you know if it's still possible to take Dickey Rd thru BP and connect to Standard Ave to get into Whiting? See map below

map-markstown.png

Back when I was a little lad that is the route we would take to get to the Whiting Beach area. It was a bad road with potholes everywhere but it cut some time from having to take Indianapolis Blvd. It was always cool to see Amoco/BP from those streets as it was almost like you were inside the plant minus the chain link fence.

I drove by yesterday to get to Horseshoe and its been 10+ years since I've been thru there and there was some major construction on on 129th and Dickey Rd. It looked like Dickey Rd was blocked up going North and only the entrance to what is labeled "access road" (ie. a bridge to go into the plant) was open.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I brought home a new Ruger... well new to me... with some help from Subtlesixer03 ... Gotta get her out and see how she shoots soon... Feelin another range trip coming on...

sp101docked.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Those are 5 shot HKS speed loaders... The SP101 is a 5 shot...

Now in the below image there are some 6 shooters and a dreaded 8 shot revolver Oh my...

rev06637.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Those are 5 shot HKS speed loaders... The SP101 is a 5 shot...

Now in the below image there are some 6 shooters and a dreaded 8 shot revolver Oh my...

rev06637.jpg

5 shots hu? Well that is still too many! You don't need that much ammo anyway. We need to ban those high capacity clip holders as well. Heck for that matter those guns look evil as well and we need to ban them as well. You might go all cowboy on us like this and we can't have that!

http://youtu.be/IaJwgHYOaQk

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    BTW what caliber and type of revolver is old clint using?
    I'm never seen any of those movies of his. Only have seen his western movies which I love.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, All of the newer police based movie scenes on that clip are a S&W model 29 44 magnum... The ones in all the westerns is probably the Colt Peacemaker in 45 Long Colt. I do have a Beretta Stampede in 357 magnum which looks like the old Colt Peacemaker and is dead on accurate... I think the Colts were also known as '73's... If I remember right... Now as to gun control... the only gun control I need is the ability to hit what I'm shooting at... and I don't participate in any so called bans...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Don't forget to go vote for your favorite local gunshop
    Has round 2 started yet?

Jedi, All of the newer police based movie scenes on that clip are a S&W model 29 44 magnum... The ones in all the westerns is probably the Colt Peacemaker in 45 Long Colt. I do have a Beretta Stampede in 357 magnum which looks like the old Colt Peacemaker and is dead on accurate... I think the Colts were also known as '73's... If I remember right... Now as to gun control... the only gun control I need is the ability to hit what I'm shooting at... and I don't participate in any so called bans...

So does someone have a model 29 44 magnum?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom