• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    That's why I didn't say Walmart has them in stock... I would still take a ride up town to check before getting in a plane to check somewhere else.

On second thought, no, I would get in the plane first. I HATE that Walmart, and I LOVE plane rides.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ya, I went to the Hammond one this afternoon and nothing... Well strike that they did have about 5 boxes of 17 magnum type rimfire not sure what those are called...

The cool thing about private aircraft is that you can carry in them still and theres no TSA groping and feeling you up to get on them or off them... He has to fly so many hours a year to keep his pilots license...sooooo I go along for the photography and now the Walmart stops...

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    It isn't the Indiana Code. But you can tell him to go to the Indiana State Police page on the internet.
    Go to Firearm Licensing.
    Go to FAQs.
    Go to General Firearms Questions
    (Now it's messed up a little. Someone updated the form and messed up.)
    It's question #13 Does the Indiana statute require me to carry the handgun on my person concealed or exposed.
    The answer is answer #14, same heading.
    "Indiana law is silent on the issue" 1st line.
    After that it suggests concealed, and limits on places, and if an officer questions you.

Oops, forgot the source.
    http://www.in.gov/isp/files/General_Firearms_Information_updated_2_2013.pdf

My response was cite me the code that says I have to conceal it.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Ya, I went to the Hammond one this afternoon and nothing... Well strike that they did have about 5 boxes of 17 magnum type rimfire not sure what those are called...

The cool thing about private aircraft is that you can carry in them still and theres no TSA groping and feeling you up to get on them or off them... He has to fly so many hours a year to keep his pilots license...sooooo I go along for the photography and now the Walmart stops...

Like ammo, fuel for aircraft isn't cheap. what kind of a plane will you be in?

Last edited:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    A friend of mine has a Beechcraft Bonanza w/ the V tail. I almost got him to fly us to a M&S. I'll try again this summer.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    The Circus: Act 3

It's a little darker than I like, but whatever.

Act 3
    Now that the cats have been rounded up and put down "for the night" I decide it's time to pull out the big guns. That's right boys and girls, it's time to juggle some freaking chainsaws. As my bumbling, now pants-less assistant brings out the chainsaws two thoughts fill my head. First, how did he find a spot to abuse himself so fast. And second, if I tossed a chainsaw at his face would he let go of his callused member and catch it, or let the whirring blade dig into his neck. And heck why not, perhaps the crowd could use a little bloodshed in order to keep from falling asleep. Just as I give the first chainsaw a vigorous pull bringing it to life, a hole begins to form in the dirt to the left of the center of the ring.

"What fresh hell is this?" I ask myself as a figure appears from the hole. As the dust settles I begin to make out the face, the face from years past, the face of a used up clown. "Skittles the freaking clown! How long has it been?" I say.
    "Been too long, buddy. Hurry up its time to get the heck out of here," Two short honks from his well used horn accompany his response.
    What could he be thinking? I worked too hard to have my show interrupted by a washed up, junky clown. I ran away from the old life and joined the circus, he couldn't possibly expect me to leave this, what I've created, imagine the hypocrisy of running away from the circus.
    "You don't have to live like this anymore. I've got a suitcase full of cash, a carton of reds, and a case of beer. You don't have to keep up the show." He said again with his signature horn honks.
    Could he be right? Could I go back to being normal?
    "Tell me you're not using a clown car as a getaway vehicle," I respond sharply.
    "No, it's a fiat," he says with honks.
    "Well," I say, "anything is better than crawling"

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    He has a Cessna 152 with the wings over the cabin which makes photo shoots much easier.... He unfortunately only flys enough to keep his license anymore because of the fuel and upkeep expense... I think he is in a group of pilots who own that plane as a group or something...

and then I'm complaining about the ammo being so expensive all the time... he just laughs at me....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I cleaned my sub 2000 for the first time. Took a chunk of skin off.
    And, when I was done, there was a little bitty screw sitting on the cleaning mat.
    Since that was the first weapon I cleaned, it must have come from it.
    The gun function checks. Of course I can't fire a round to test. And I can't see where it came from. It's not on the disassembly instructions.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well, I cleaned my sub 2000 for the first time. Took a chunk of skin off.
    And, when I was done, there was a little bitty screw sitting on the cleaning mat.
    Since that was the first weapon I cleaned, it must have come from it.
    The gun function checks. Of course I can't fire a round to test. And I can't see where it came from. It's not on the disassembly instructions.

Its not from the sub 2000. Its from your head! You are finally loosing the last few screws you had left. :rofl:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    My dad had some kind of neck surgery years ago and they put some hardware in. Then, a couple years ago, he was at work and someone dropped some boxes on his head and messed up his neck again and we kept joking that he had a screw loose.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    one time way back when @ Standard Oil, some guys filled a plastic grocery bag full of water and dropped it 5 stories onto my grandfathers head. It badly hurt him, but he cornered those same guys the next week with a fire hose and let em have it.... their bodies were purple...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    He has a Cessna 152 with the wings over the cabin which makes photo shoots much easier.... He unfortunately only flys enough to keep his license anymore because of the fuel and upkeep expense... I think he is in a group of pilots who own that plane as a group or something...

and then I'm complaining about the ammo being so expensive all the time... he just laughs at me....
    Is he based out of Gary, Griffith, or Valpo ? The 152 is a great trainer and easy on fuel. You are lucky to get flight time and pictures, win win all the way around.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    oooohhhhhh GB you have the ability to take ariel shoots you don't save.
    :drool: I would love some ariels of that area I told you about but alas I don't think I can afford to pay for that right now.

Speaking of which would you need a permit to take pics of what is left of the cline bridge? The section that has the street underneath it on Dickey Rd.

I know of another local photographer who took pics (after the highway was closed) of the top section. She was a bold girl and went duing the day to shoot the pics walked up onto the section still there. But alas her shots have people in them. **SIGH**
    I'm looking for just the structures no people.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    oooohhhhhh GB you have the ability to take ariel shoots you don't save.
    :drool: I would love some ariels of that area I told you about but alas I don't think I can afford to pay for that right now.

Speaking of which would you need a permit to take pics of what is left of the cline bridge? The section that has the street underneath it on Dickey Rd.

I know of another local photographer who took pics (after the highway was closed) of the top section. She was a bold girl and went duing the day to shoot the pics walked up onto the section still there. But alas her shots have people in them. **SIGH**
    I'm looking for just the structures no people.
    Is there anything left of the bridge on the west side of the river? I heard someone say a construction company worked thru the winter tearing the sections down and grinding the concrete up on the site and removing the fill.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Is there anything left of the bridge on the west side of the river? I heard someone say a construction company worked thru the winter tearing the sections down and grinding the concrete up on the site and removing the fill.

The section that started at Riley Road went across the river is gone. The section that is on top of Dock Street is still there. Going north from Riley road you can still get one to get off at calumet of onto the IN toll road/Chicago Skyway.

Sadly the "majestic" part which was the highway in the sky with the "L" shape curve is no more. :( As a teenager I would get on Cline from 80/94 and drive all the way to the calumet exit in a very, very, very short amount of time. Stupid and fearless back then. The funnest part was that "L" shape curve and passing other cars why they hit the brakes and being so far up.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The only slight up in the road is that google images was able to capture the birdge before they took it down. If you zoom in all the way on the google map to see the pictures they have the pics dated JUL 2007 and they did manage to take pics of what it looked like when driving up there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom