• Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    The section that started at Riley Road went across the river is gone. The section that is on top of Dock Street is still there. Going north from Riley road you can still get one to get off at calumet of onto the IN toll road/Chicago Skyway.

Sadly the "majestic" part which was the highway in the sky with the "L" shape curve is no more. :( As a teenager I would get on Cline from 80/94 and drive all the way to the calumet exit in a very, very, very short amount of time. Stupid and fearless back then. The funnest part was that "L" shape curve and passing other cars why they hit the brakes and being so far up.
    Used to work out of US Gipsum on Riley Road with the off ramp so steep going down to the bottom of the hill with a loaded semi in winter wasn't fun.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Used to work out of US Gipsum on Riley Road with the off ramp so steep going down to the bottom of the hill with a loaded semi in winter wasn't fun.

I would take that off ramp doing ***** :whistle: and turn right to get back to the harbor or go to whiting. Managed to get the probe on 2 wheels on more than one occassion on that section of road. Also did several 180s coming down way too fast. Cost me a tire once. :xmad:

aaahhhh to be young and dumb! :D

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    A buddy of mine bought a place down the street from USG in Shoals, IN. The semi's run till late in the evening... That place is huge, and very dusty....

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    oooohhhhhh GB you have the ability to take ariel shoots you don't save.
    :drool: I would love some ariels of that area I told you about but alas I don't think I can afford to pay for that right now. ...

Ariel:

Ariel---Flounder-the-little-mermaid-223085_1280_1024.jpg
    ariel-fish-friends.jpg

Aerial:

Aerial-Photography-Lg.jpg

Last edited:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    :faceplam:
    A bit too much pink and at $790 that is cRazY
    one 10/22 = $220
    two 10/22 = $440

What is the extra $350?
    triggers? sights?
    Oh wait I forgot the 3.5 appleeseed tickets that come with it. :p

The deal was with Marlin ... not Ruger.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Marlins are cheaper overall....

just my .02 cents worth...

that should start something... LOL...

Jedi wants ariel shots of a part of EC that is considered a no fly zone, and requires a city permit to photograph in general since HDS took over... Working on the permit though....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    :faceplam:
    A bit too much pink and at $790 that is cRazY
    one 10/22 = $220
    two 10/22 = $440

What is the extra $350?
    triggers? sights?
    Oh wait I forgot the 3.5 appleeseed tickets that come with it. :p

My daughter has the pink laminated 10/22, but in stainless steel, not blue steel. I think the price was $169. How this guy can justify 8 bills for 2 lower grade blue steel versions I cannot understand.

Came home early to change out a security camera that went bad (under warranty) but its raining outside.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The deal was with Marlin ... not Ruger.

I know I was making fun of your marlin! :faint:
    Also if you are going to post about Ariel at least give us a good looking pic.
    http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...y=303&page=1&tbnh=154&tbnw=89&start=0&ndsp=35

:rofl:

Jedi wants ariel shots of a part of EC that is considered a no fly zone, and requires a city permit to photograph in general since HDS took over... Working on the permit though....

:facepalm: and :xmad:
    When i was a kid I recall taking a plane ride from gary airport and seeing all of Inland steel and my dad taking pictures with an instant polaroid camera. The guy flying the small plane was a buddy of my dad's long past away. :(

No need for no permit, not a fly zone that I know of. Now all this BS!!!! WTH!!!!!!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I work for USG at the HQ in Chicago.

How long has it been?
    At least 18 years ago when four star started to deliver out of there with swift in there also. Went to the USG outside of Detroit at the River Rouge when in Michigan.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, thats cause we live in a Police State today and the real owners and operators of the country have let loose of the reins and gone to sleep and let a bunch of mind alls to sit in the engineers seats.... Until that changes we will continue to have to ask permission to do what us as owners should have been able to do without threat of personal attacks by those who are suppose to work for us...

and that isn't a rant, it's just the facts....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom