• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I remember we had his 40th birthday party and him and like a half dozen of them were sitting at our picnic table burning stuff.

Then he threw an M80 into the park (which, by the way, was named after a fellow firefighter and friend of his who died on duty)behind our house. Then the cops came and he said it was some black kids.

Ahh the good old days...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Dad stories are the best. Especially drunk dad stories. He used to ride his lawnmower over to his friend's house for parties and drive it home drunk. Yelling at the tree to get out of his yard, attack the no dogs in park sign, get up to go pee, do a 360 and pee on mom.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I just got word that one of my friend's dad died this morning.

Some of you know my friend, his name is Jeff, he owns a video security company, and he frequents the cigar lounge. He's very pro gun/pro hunting, but doesn't own a handgun. He hunts ducks/geese and is often at the cigar lounge on Thursdays when the INGO guys show up. He also comes to the Open Carry nights.

Anyway, his dad was put into the hospital last week. Died this morning. Peacefully.

For those of you who can do it, go talk to your father today. I'm fortunate that I was able to spend time with my died literally every day for a year before he died. You can't get that time back but you have the stories and memories.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I just got word that one of my friend's dad died this morning.

Some of you know my friend, his name is Jeff, he owns a video security company, and he frequents the cigar lounge. He's very pro gun/pro hunting, but doesn't own a handgun. He hunts ducks/geese and is often at the cigar lounge on Thursdays when the INGO guys show up. He also comes to the Open Carry nights.

Anyway, his dad was put into the hospital last week. Died this morning. Peacefully.

For those of you who can do it, go talk to your father today. I'm fortunate that I was able to spend time with my died literally every day for a year before he died. You can't get that time back but you have the stories and memories.
    Good words of advice. I got to spend some time with my dad when I moved back to Indiana in 2005 after 9 years in Texas. He died suddenly in Jan 2006. Thankfully my children got to spend some time with him in the Summer of 2005 before he died. It was the only time they ever got to see him.

Life is very fleeting.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I remember we had his 40th birthday party and him and like a half dozen of them were sitting at our picnic table burning stuff.

Then he threw an M80 into the park (which, by the way, was named after a fellow firefighter and friend of his who died on duty)behind our house. Then the cops came and he said it was some black kids.

As a firefighter, you haven't lived until you go to one of the IVFA conventions. Talk about wild and crazy is a understatement of how to party and the war stories that were told. By chance is the park in Hobart?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    My day just went to crap... I'm calling off sick today.

Just got a letter from the IRS saying that they found some unreported income to the tune of $8,000 on my taxes from 2011. I owe them $2,187 in taxes on that. They'll take it out of my 2012 tax return which was only $2400 out of which $150 goes to the tax preparer.

I can't find the "unreported income" of which they speak, so I must wait 5-10 days for my 2011 transcripts... As my records show no such income. I'm thinking they are counting my Third Party sick pay, which is untaxable, as income even though it is supplemental insurance and I pay a premium for that insurance.

Smh... Talk about irritation.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

Just got a letter from the IRS saying that they found some unreported income to the tune of $8,000 on my taxes from 2011. I owe them $2,187 in taxes on that. They'll take it out of my 2012 tax return which was only $2400 out of which $150 goes to the tax preparer.

I can't find the "unreported income" of which they speak, so I must wait 5-10 days for my 2011 transcripts... As my records show no such income. I'm thinking they are counting my Third Party sick pay, which is untaxable, as income even though it is supplemental insurance and I pay a premium for that insurance.

You just never get ahead in life. My motto, every day is a monday.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    This year... But the guys from last year are going to sort it out too... Just have to wait for the IRS transcript to see what they're talking about.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Bob, that's terrible, pass my condolences onto Jeff please.

On another note. Pulled my back this morning and almost dropped to the ground instantly, would have if it weren't for the kitchen island I was standing next to. Went to one account and was in serious pain. Wife turned around from her drive to work and took me to urgent care. Just a strain/pull, but on bed rest for a couple days with four kinds of meds. This should be fun....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Hey the .gov is broke don't you know. They need money and you just became their little sugar daddy. So quit complaining. It's your patriotic duty to pay. :rolleyes:

Nwijoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Dirty D
    You did good. Those used to sell for $79.00 but lately the price has been closer to $400.00 :(

Thanks. I was looking into it and the ones with the detachable magazine (mine) are actually way up there in price too, around $500-650. Can't wait to brig it to the next meet up!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks. I was looking into it and the ones with the detachable magazine (mine) are actually way up there in price too, around $500-650. Can't wait to brig it to the next meet up!

Have we established if you are a thug or redneck yet?
    That might have an impact on *IF* we invite you to the next meet & shoot. :D

Nwijoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Dirty D

Haha xD I'm on the ropes with this one. Considering 1101 is south of thirty I feel that us southerners have more of a right to be there and claim it ad out hangout. Having the lounge as our southern territory I feel I speak for all of us rednecks when I say that we shall allow your continued visitation so long as we are invited to your meet & shoots.

Nwijoe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Dirty D

Haha xD I'm on the ropes with this one. Considering 1101 is south of thirty I feel that us southerners have more of a right to be there and claim it ad out hangout. Having the lounge as our southern territory I feel I speak for all of us rednecks when I say that we shall allow your continued visitation so long as we are invited to your meet & shoots.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    TRADED
    [strike]I'll post this here in the NWI thread first, if no takers in a day or so then I'll put it in the classifieds. . .

Looking to trade 1.5 boxes of 125 grain HORNADY XTP Hollow Point 38/357 bullets, plus 1 bag assorted nickel plated and brass 38 Special cases, not sure the count on the brass, but I'd guess 70+ cases, give or take. One the 100-count XTP boxes is still factory sealed, the other box is open, approximately 1/2 the bullets (50?) remain, as seen in the photo below.

Looking for 22lr ammo in trade. Preferably do the deal at the 1101 Cigar Lounge.

image_zpse9ad5d58.jpg
    [/strike]

Last edited:

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    That's the thing Joe, the meet and shoots are way further South of route 30 then even where I live. Jedi gets hives even thinking about having to go just a little past of 30...I have no idea how he makes it throughthe meet and shoots! :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom