• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Do you remember pipes and pizza with the old theater organ inside?
    Heck I remember the "Lans Theatre" and going to double feature matinee movies there . . . before it was converted into the pizza place :oldwise:

So how bad is the snow? I've got a 2wd pickup with manual transmission and an open diff. Supposed to be leaving work at 8 if they don't put us on lockdown again. Wondering if I just brave it or sleep here tonight. No windows in my unit.
    I dunno.

My wife was in the field, well off the driveway, in my daughter's little diesel VW Jetta with the low profile performance tires, spinning them in the snow and stuck.

WTF?

Did she think she was in the Snow Trac?

1b19.jpg

It appears she was, at some point, on the rear driveway, but as we got a fresh 6" of snow with a bit of drifting, she lost sight of the drive and headed off into the grass . . . then the car sort of slid laterally before getting stuck good.

30' tow strap, a diesel tractor, and low gear . . . worked her back onto the drive. She then approached the road and put the car into the 2' deep ditch next to the road. Of course the ditch was completely filled with snow, so now the front end of the car was sunk in the snow up over top of the front bumper.

Got it out of there too. I was a bit surprised, but it came out pretty easily. My jeans were soaked through, I think I need a cab on my tractor.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Heck I remember the "Lans Theatre" and going to double feature matinee movies there . . . before it was converted into the pizza place :oldwise:

I dunno.

My wife was in the field, well off the driveway, in my daughter's little diesel VW Jetta with the low profile performance tires, spinning them in the snow and stuck.

WTF?

Did she think she was in the Snow Trac?

1b19.jpg

It appears she was, at some point, on the rear driveway, but as we got a fresh 6" of snow with a bit of drifting, she lost sight of the drive and headed off into the grass . . . then the car sort of slid laterally before getting stuck good.

30' tow strap, a diesel tractor, and low gear . . . worked her back onto the drive. She then approached the road and put the car into the 2' deep ditch next to the road. Of course the ditch was completely filled with snow, so now the front end of the car was sunk in the snow up over top of the front bumper.

Got it out of there too. I was a bit surprised, but it came out pretty easily. My jeans were soaked through, I think I need a cab on my tractor.
    I love the cab on my tractor. Heat, a/c, keeps bugs out, etc...

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Do you remember pipes and pizza with the old theater organ inside?

Sure do. My first job was at Beggers when they took it over.

Also with all the talk of Fire Dept. My Dad was on the LFD for over 25 yrs so I grew up around them. Every Sunday he would sit at the Station and we would visit him. I would play on the Trucks and the Hose tower for hours. Best of times for a kid for sure.

My best friend is a LEO in Lansing now, I hear all of the horror stories from him. So glad I moved out when I did. (12 yrs ago) my friends and I at age 10 would walk to downtown Lansing and none of our parents cared one bit.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You're a sick one. :puke:

Not sick just annoyed. 2 years ago instead of getting my progressive press with all the bells and trimmings Iwas outvoted and we had to get a brand new big ariens snowblower. That d*** thing sits in my garage just laughing at me saying 'hahaha no snow sucker and no progressive press'.

I have used it a total of 3 time since then since we have had no f*** snow like before. So where is my feet of snow!! Feet i say so Ican work t at b*** and make her pay her keep in the garage. =)

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Snow blowed the drive after work today, Wife wanted to shovel after dinner.....she made it half way and threw in the towel. I love it when I'm right!!!!!

I knew it would happen. :rofl:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Not sick just annoyed. 2 years ago instead of getting my progressive press with all the bells and trimmings Iwas outvoted and we had to get a brand new big ariens snowblower. That d*** thing sits in my garage just laughing at me saying 'hahaha no snow sucker and no progressive press'.

I have used it a total of 3 time since then since we have had no f*** snow like before. So where is my feet of snow!! Feet i say so Ican work t at b*** and make her pay her keep in the garage. =)

My blower is almost 4' tall and 6 feet wide, gets the job done too darn fast when we have these little snows. I just did both of my driveways and one of the neighbor's down the road.

Me, I'll take feets of snow too :yesway: I love snow. Heck if I can talk my wife into it I may move to Alaska, Idaho or Wyoming just so I can get more snow.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Iwas outvoted and we had to get a brand new big ariens snowblower. That d*** thing sits in my garage just laughing at me saying 'hahaha no snow sucker and no progressive press'.
    =)

I inherited a huge Ariens and must say it does a great job on my little urban driveway. Since it was inherited I was able to get a Dillon 550! :p

SInce it's hopefully the end of the snow season I left the tank dry and shoveled 3 times today.

If I weren't just getting over a broken foot (no snow or alcohol involved, damn it) I would go x-c skiing at the dunes.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I inherited a huge Ariens and must say it does a great job on my little urban driveway. Since it was inherited I was able to get a Dillon 550! :p

SInce it's hopefully the end of the snow season I left the tank dry and shoveled 3 times today.

If I weren't just getting over a broken foot (no snow or alcohol involved, damn it) I would go x-c skiing at the dunes.
    Speaking of skiing, is the mud hill in Valpo still in business. The Pines Ski Lodge. :dunno:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Neighbor is out snow blowing my drive right now. Perfect day to strain my back.

U broken old man. I think we need to have the mrs do an upgrade ... lol

I'll just leave this here in case someone might need one.

Hey Jedi, It's got Win8!!!!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/non_firearms_related/278518-nib_lenovo_laptop.html
    Tempting but Iam going to wait till next year before i deep six my pc. Plus Iplan on going with another ga,ing rig. We got enough laptops here.

Oh u r mean!!
    --purple--
    But Ican't talk to u anymore as you are a blue fanatic and Ionly like green. =P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom