• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well I'm still waiting on my LTCH so that part is out too. I do like a decent guitar though. :)
    Actually you can legally transport to the lounge (as per IN law) and then when you get to the lounge you are on private property where carry is allowed, so you can carry into the store :yesway:

Anyone still at the lounge?
    The bigger question is: DID ANDY WAKE UP AND GET TO THE LOUNGE?

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Actually you can legally transport to the lounge (as per IN law) and then when you get to the lounge you are on private property where carry is allowed, so you can carry into the store :yesway:

The bigger question is: DID ANDY WAKE UP AND GET TO THE LOUNGE?

I've been up since 0530, lol. I, however, never did make it to the lounge today. Doing stuff around the house and everytime I thought I'd head out I discovered another project to knock out.

Now I'm all done working and I'm just watching tv, with no place to go. :(

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer

Looks like I may get to do my holster shopping earlier than expected then. Thanks for the info!

:cheers:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Feel like its been forever since I've been in. Just been busy as hell the last week or so....This needs to change =]

On the plus side, my wife surprised me with a bottle of Harrison 16yr Presidential Reserve. This coming a day after I got to drink some Patron Gran Burdeos. I'm so lucky.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Soo NWI, who is a good HVAC contractor? I'm considering having my central air replaced as it is from the Brady Bunch era and costs me lots of money to run.

Pretty much all my neighbors swear by Richard, the owner of Mikes Service in Lowell. I know he has been in business for well over 20 years. He installed our central air about 10 years ago. He is a VERY honest and service oriented one man shop. When I have needed service calls he gets there as fast as one can hope for. I googled him and came up with his facebook page, I don't know if he has a website
    http://https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mikes-Service/162149180470625

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well reality is rapidly setting in. My wife 'volunteered' me to be the new Saber Coach for a newly founded Fencing team at the high school where she is a teacher.

Many of you know that our daughter Melen has been a saber fencer for about a half dozen years, just finished her high school career as co-captain of her school team, and I've been involved as 'Armoror' of the high school team for the past 4 years, as well as the assistant-to-the assistant-saber coach. I've also been involved at the local fencing club for 6 years, have taken "coaching lessons" blah blah blah . . .

So now I'm elevated to status of a full blown coach. YIKES. I have to say that I was not prepared for this. Its one thing to correct the blade handling and footwork of a fencer, quite something different to actually stand in front of a group and 'teach' them the correct methods. I'm also finding that I need to make up a 'lesson plan' so I cover what I want to cover, without omitting important things. Its very easy, with a dozen kids asking a dozen questions each, to get taken off topic and miss critical points.

Anyone else ever get thrust into the job of COACH and find out quickly that you are unprepared? I typed up 3 pages of notes, terms, techniques that I thought would last me 3 practice sessions ... went through ALL of them yesterday at practice. Oh, and with my Rheumatoid Arthritis I've got some seriously sore joints both haunting me about yesterday's 2 hour practice and also reminding me that there is another 2 hour practice tomorrow.

Advice? Other than drink heavily?!?

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Adrienne says:
    Ask the other coaches you know if they have any old practice plans that you can borrow. Seek their council, on the subject of coaching. If you're unsure of something go with your instinct. Be prepared for the kids to show up with what seems like no memory of the previous practice session. These kids probably have a lot going on and while you're putting this all together the kids are still balancing schoolwork, home problems, and trying to look good for the opposite sex. Be prepared to have kids that show no interest whatsoever showing up time after time, and be prepared to have the kids that are interested lose focus because of them. Recognize the positives in the kids, and focus on improvement rather then winning matches. While winning is fun, and the ultimate goal, the training is just as important and should be just as fun.

Adrienne picked up a coaching job this year with South Shore Volleyball Club. Now she had played the sport since middle school and never coached before. The other coaches in the club had played at the college level and some were even being groomed for the Olympics. The club is a stepping stone for a lot of girls into the college and Olympic levels of the sport. She showed up the first day not knowing anything about the "labero" position that was added in 2004, and quickly felt in over her head. But with the help of the other coaches, a lot of research, and her own "can do" attitude brought her team of 13-14 year old girls up from the bottom into a real competitive team. They're still not the top but they don't get bounced out of the first round in tournaments anymore.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Melensdad - 2 pieces of advice:
    1) "The pointy end goes in the other person."
    2) All sudents must refer to you as "Maestro"; or you may give yourself a minor title such as Baron, Duke or Grand Poobah.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I enrolled my eldest in soccer one year. Half way through the season "Coach Todd" decides he doesn't wanna do it anymore. In order to keep my princess happy, I agreed to coach the last 3 games. Did I mention I've never played, or coached, OR EVEN WATCHED soccer? I had a bunch of pissed off parents yelling at me that I was either playing their kids too hard, or not enough, and that I was doing it wrong. I asked if anyone else wanted to step in, and they got silent, quick.

I didn't even show up for the final game. **** soccer, and **** those kids.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom