Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    so what is your comment on said link? :dunno:
    How you just going to post a link and not comment on it?
    well..
    My first thought was it was just a matter of time but I don't think this case has anything to do with Joe Biden. I think this was a irresponsible action. It does proved some good ammo against Joe.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Not quite yet. The county still needs to vote on it and so far it's still more in favor of not doing it then in favor of doing it. Indy can't ram in down our throats but what they can do is stop sending other money or limit what they send. That is what the property tax eas suppose to do. Force Lake county to pass a county tax since the states took away their property tax revenue stream. Needless to say lake told the state f u since they have not passed a tax. So now the state is taking yet another measure and I'm sure lake will once again say f u.

Eventually though they are going to have to or live well below their means which we all know they cannot. Mind you Iwould be more afriad of the people on this one. Ec, hammond, gary residents being told they now have a county tax. Hum....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Read the article. Some porter county senator from valpo introduced the bill.
    It basically is a carrot at the end of a stick for lake county. You pass a county tax and we allow you to use some of that money collected to spend on development instead of all of it going to reduce property tax. So we (taxpayers) get shafted. F** them! Suprised the lake county senators also voted yes for this.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Soo NWI, who is a good HVAC contractor? I'm considering having my central air replaced as it is from the Brady Bunch era and costs me lots of money to run.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    With all this talk of new taxes, I'm thinking on using all the nieghbors tree's to heat the house... I mean if thier going to continue to burn what little money I make like they were fueling a furnace...

tired of paying taxes and getting nothing for it...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    With all this talk of new taxes, I'm thinking on using all the nieghbors tree's to heat the house... I mean if thier going to continue to burn what little money I make like they were fueling a furnace...

I think I need to make a call to the EPA and inform them of the carbon footprint you are trying to make. How dare you NOT pay NIPSCO for your heat. :D

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0

I have a chainsaw...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom