• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well I'm not on board with SB555 but I'm not sure that I oppose it either.

Yes, its certainly possible that the 'unintended consequences' could cause some states to stop reciprocity with our current license, but the reality ALSO is that more and more states are slowly moving toward an Indiana style SHALL ISSUE and that means that more states may end up more similar to our license than different from it. Further, there is a push toward 'constitutional' carry in more states, which is even more lenient than our system.

I'm willing to bet that we will lose some states reciprocity, but not many.

Like I said, I'm not with it, but nor do I see the big downside that you guys are portraying, especially in our current climate of easing of gun carry laws.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I have no faith in the future legislatures, SB555 just gives them something to tinker with. IF they made IN constitutional carry, THEN I would support 555.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Contact Information for Representative Rochelle 'Shelli' Lynn VanDenburgh

Capitol Email
    h19@in.gov
    Capitol Webmail
    http://vandenburgh.indianahousedemocrats.org/contact
    Capitol Website
    http://vandenburgh.indianahousedemocrats.org/
    General Website - Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/State-Representative-Shelli-VanDenburgh/106234644613
    Capitol
    Indiana House of Representatives
    200 West Washington Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46204-2788
    Phone: 317-232-9600
    Toll Free: 800-382-9842
    District
    6415 West 109th Avenue
    Crown Point, IN 46307
    Phone: 219-689-2264

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi would not step foot in Bass Pro. His a Cabelas FAN BOY :D

Like duh!!! Bass pro is fffffaaaaarrrr away from me like in da other county porter. plus Idont get any credit card points from them. =P
    However the egg is on your face as it was GB that spotted clif and clif gave him the 'i don't see you' stare. :rofl:

Da PINKFather would **NOT** have tolerated that from clif. =)

She is Korean, which is genetically and ethnically the same as your idolized Japanese

:nono: close but not the same same.
    The face gave it away. Longer and more pear shape then japanese. Also the eyes. But still a good find. =)

I have no faith in the future legislatures, SB555 just gives them something to tinker with. IF they made IN constitutional carry, THEN I would support 555.

This to a degree.
    First a bit of background on sb555. A new ingo member named van is the one that asked his senator for this bill. & guess what he is? An nra firearns instructor. Hum.. should the bill pass guess who will reap some financial benefit from it. Yup van. How convient.

Now on to the serious matter bill b, lone, wd all voiced the same concern. Let me take it a bit further. The end goal for some, myself included, is gun free zones. A few years back it would have been unheard of to allow a gun inside the car while the ltch holder was driving it to drop/pickup someone. Yet that is what we have now and the world has not ended.

It was a baby step to get people use to the idea of gun in gfz. The next step (bill was in the works) was to allow gun in car in parking lot while ltch was inside the school. Again another baby step.

That would follow with guns ok at private school events not sponsore by the school (ie. You rent the school hall for your party), followed by private school ok for guns, followed by public school ok for guns all baby steps.

Now use that same logic here.
    Today in IN the only restriction on our carry is you have to get permission from the state. When the state became a state that was NOT the case. The next baby step is let's do 2 permissions. One is the current one the other has training and photo id. Its voluntary to get the 2nd one. A few years down. Well let's make it mandatory for all to get trainong after all its already vountary. Oh while we are at it, let's add registration to that.

:nono: this is the same trick we are using and they want to use it against us.
    Don't just call your rep to tell them no!!!

Suggest that the following text/ideas are added
    - chicgao style training requirements
    - written test, live fire, IIRC 15+ hours classroom
    - registration of gun to license

No I'm not crazy. We add this on the house side and the original senator will pull the bill in a heartbeat and the NRA who is on the fensce but on the oppose rigth now will blast it.

Our lovely antix2a reps in nwi would love to help with this.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    So say, hypothetically, I still owed around 200 to Indiana from when I filed taxes last year and I forgot to pay it. Could they have taken it out of my Fed return this year?

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    So say, hypothetically, I still owed around 200 to Indiana from when I filed taxes last year and I forgot to pay it. Could they have taken it out of my Fed return this year?

I would think they would take it out of your state refund if you have one. But IANACA (I am not a certified accountant) :p

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Yes, I just had 200 taken out of my state tax from 3 years ago. I moved and forgot all about it, they caught me this year.

This is my first post in this thread, was just coming here to subscribe when I read about it in a different thread. I am glad this thread is here for us in the NW, and I am glad to now be subscribed to it as well.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    oops, just saw you said Fed return. I think they would probably take what they could from State, and maybe move to Fed from there, but I dont know for sure.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

I would think they would take it out of your state refund if you have one. But IANACA (I am not a certified accountant) :p

^This!

oops, just saw you said Fed return. I think they would probably take what they could from State, and maybe move to Fed from there, but I dont know for sure.

State can **NOT** take from FED return automatically.
    TV that $200 that you hypothetically owed to Indiana in 2011 of $200 would now be more than $200 as they will add "penalty for failure to pay" + "interest penalty as well". The "Indiana IRS" does have the authority to take what you owe from any future IN tax return you file. So if your 2012 return comes out to a refund of say $500, "Indiana IRS" will take the say $400 you owe them ($200 + pentalties) and then release $100 to you.

You will get a notice in the mail saying this is what they are going to do, why they are going to do it, and a way for you to appeal what they plan on doing before they do it. The notice I have seen at the federal level BTW but have never heard of a case on the state level (ie. never heard of someone owing IN and not paying)

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I got screwed this year in taxes too. Thought I was getting like 4k more than I did. Missed the EIC that I was expecting. And my tax guy said theres a lot od things different that are making people get less than the previous year. :(

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Now from the IRS refund site, I see this
    "Your refund may be reduced to pay a past due obligation such as child support, another federal agency debt, or state income tax"

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I got screwed this year in taxes too. Thought I was getting like 4k more than I did. Missed the EIC that I was expecting. And my tax guy said theres a lot od things different that are making people get less than the previous year. :(

Oh just wait until next year when the Affordable Care Act penalties go into effect. It won't be too bad next year just $95 fee per adult. But in 2015 that will go up to the 300s and by 2016 into the 600s per PERSON!

Well **** turbotax then >:(

Now from the IRS refund site, I see this
    "Your refund may be reduced to pay a past due obligation such as child support, another federal agency debt, or state income tax"

Well that is a new one. The curse of electronic papertrails. Now the feds and state are on the same page "almost". On the bright side if it's just $200 you are out be happy. There would be pentalities involved as well for failure to pay. On the fed side those pentalties are harsh and when added up they at times are more than what was originally due!

Also at least it was not for Child Support for an unknown kid of yours. :laugh:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The ding on my credit should be penalty enough. Lol

If I do have any kids I don't know about, it's doubtful the mother would be able to track me down :o

Reminds me of San Diego...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The ding on my credit should be penalty enough. Lol

According to Dave Ramsey credit is ssssssoooooo overrated. :)

If I do have any kids I don't know about, it's doubtful the mother would be able to track me down :o

Reminds me of San Diego...

sssssssshhhhhhhh yo might have a baby sith coming after you one of these days for what you did to his/her slave mommy. :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom