• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well you could probably load them low... look in the reloading manual for a recipe that gets you down around 1200 fps... Lead should be fine at that velocity...

I'm wondering what my 38 spcl loads are doing in the Ruger 77/357 and the levers with the extra barrel... probably approaching the milky way velocities...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I was gonna go today but work got in the way...

but since my timeline was all screwed up I did get some reloading done....

Maybe break away the end of the week if weather and work allow me too....

Andy glad to hear you got to make some noise though...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Nobody like the Slough because the RO is a condescending prick.

QFT.

If it's the same guy who worked there most of this century(?), he's a real range-nazi. :rolleyes:
    I've been told that there is a NEW range officer down there, as of the middle of last summer.

Honestly I don't go to public ranges because I have my own land, so I don't much care. The only times I go to public ranges are when we have NWI INGO Meet & Shoot events.

There was some chatter last summer about a new range officer for Willow Slough. Anyone have any REAL updates from there?

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    I've been told that there is a NEW range officer down there, as of the middle of last summer.

Honestly I don't go to public ranges because I have my own land, so I don't much care. The only times I go to public ranges are when we have NWI INGO Meet & Shoot events.

There was some chatter last summer about a new range officer for Willow Slough. Anyone have any REAL updates from there?

For all the grouching I used to do about living in Idaville, I really miss shooting on my own land.
    icon9.gif

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.

Well then, how about a Meet and Shoot at your place? :p

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well then, how about a Meet and Shoot at your place? :p

My range is really only set up for a couple shooters. I had 4 people shooting one day and it was manageable because we all knew each other well and had shot together many times, but really thats the absolute maximum with known shooters. Otherwise its ideal for just 2 or 3. I suspect this is the same for most private 'back yard' ranges.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My range is really only set up for a couple shooters. I had 4 people shooting one day and it was manageable because we all knew each other well and had shot together many times, but really thats the absolute maximum with known shooters. Otherwise its ideal for just 2 or 3. I suspect this is the same for most private 'back yard' ranges.

Same for me.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Very interesting... although I think I'm wanting to stay in Indiana or go all the way out to Arizona... Needs to be out in the middle of no-where though as we will need the club house with pool, gym, etc... Motor pool... gotta keep the exotic vehicles around for photo shoots, a firing range with everything from 25 to 1000 yard ranges and skeet and trap... plus a shoot house of course... hunting areas.... well yep it would have to be a large parcel of property...

Jedi, a electric trimmer is much easier to use...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @gb
    I'm using the lee hand trimmer in a battery powered drill. It's easy and my hand does not get tired unlike when I was trimming by hand. But what I hate is the fact that I have to do it, its a medium to slow process got to measure after each trim and the end result is still no ammo that goes boom. Instead it's just brass. I just don't have the patience for that! With the .45 its so much easier cuase each step you do see the final result. But with brass prepping... ggggrrrrr

The only thing that keeps me going is I hear 'the snobs' voice saying something to the effect you want each brass to be identical to the one before. And that dude does not even reload yet :faint:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Very interesting... although I think I'm wanting to stay in Indiana or go all the way out to Arizona... Needs to be out in the middle of no-where though as we will need the club house with pool, gym, etc... Motor pool... gotta keep the exotic vehicles around for photo shoots, a firing range with everything from 25 to 1000 yard ranges and skeet and trap... plus a shoot house of course... hunting areas.... well yep it would have to be a large parcel of property...

Jedi, a electric trimmer is much easier to use...
    something like this?
    Ash Fork, Yavapai County, Arizona land for sale - 80 acres at LandWatch.com

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Get the 30 carbine dies for the Dillon electric cutter and you can rip through it with my Dillon cutter if you want...

Much easier, quicker.... and the brass is resized in the same step... Once it is set your on the money for length... Chuck it in pull down and up and next...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    BillB.... I'd have to figure out how to use the hill side to get the firing ranges in there but that's down towards Prescott.... good area to go to... hhhhmmmmmm.......

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom