Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    How come nobody goes to Willow Slough? isn't it Closer?

Last time I was at WS, I got into an argument with the range officer about whether or not I needed a carry permit, in order to transport my firearms to and from the range. I was on leave at the time and with my parents. He said since I was military, we could shoot, but only one of us could shoot at a time. Since we had already spent all that time traveling, we went shooting, but he watched us like a hawk the entire time, and I have never been back. He wanted to make up laws and enforce whatever he wanted, well, im not supporting that when there are other ranges that will be glad to have me there. :twocents:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    So, my son sent me a text yesterday. He went to Blythe's in Griffith and they had ARs in stock for the low, low price of $1700. He asked the guy why all the price tags looked like the had a '1' put in front of the real price:rockwoot:that's my boy:rockwoot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Potential Berry Bullet's Group Buy Part 2

FYI just got an email from Bryan from B&B Reloading that Berry's bullets has reopened large volume bulk order for some of their dealers.

However the caliber of bullets is much smaller then before and prices are a bit higher as well.

They did raise their prices a small amount, which you can see in the sheets - note that there are multiple tabs at the bottom.

His next group buy will close on 31 MAR 2013
    It will be a 6 month waiting line for him to get the bullets
    He can NOT place another order (he is a high volume dealer) until this order is shipped to him. :n00b:
    Same deal applies to us as before. 100,000 or more bullets and he will ship for free to us. Otherwise it's $100 for a pallet of bullets.

So what bullets are available?

• .380 caliber
    • 9mm
    • .38/357
    • .40/10mm
    • 7.62x39 rifle
    That is it. :(

I have his spreadsheet with all the prices.
    I WILL NOT BE LEADING THIS GROUP BUY AS THE BULLETS I NEED (.30 CARBINE) BERRY'S IS NOT MAKING. SO IF SOMEONE ELSE WANTS TO LEAD IT LET ME KNOW AND I CAN GIVE YOU THE EXCEL SHEET AND POC INFORMATION AS WELL.

For those that missing the 1st one and who this vendor is read this:
    1st Group Buy - Cancelled by Berry's
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/group_buys/260038-group_buy_nwi_berry_bullets.html

Info on Vendor he is legit
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition_and_reloading/241881-bullets_from_b_and_b_reloading_supplies.html

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, for bullets I just buy lead from the mean guy in Michigan City, he always has it...

Willough Slough, wow, haven't been there since they started the whole RO thing... The first one talked down to me like a child and treated me like some dangerous second class citizen, sooo I wrote my complaint to DNR and the local papers, an I've never been back...

Now to be honest about WS.... before the RO's system was in place it was quite a mess out there... TV sets blown up and all kinds of garbage that people had brought out and shot at and left on the range... but I still don't think all that stupidity gave the old geezer any right to treat me that way...

WILSON

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Top, left-hand corne
    Jedi, for bullets I just buy lead from the mean guy in Michigan City, he always has it...

Willough Slough, wow, haven't been there since they started the whole RO thing... The first one talked down to me like a child and treated me like some dangerous second class citizen, sooo I wrote my complaint to DNR and the local papers, an I've never been back...

It's been a couple years since I've been there also. This is the old guy who used to bring his SO (wife?), right?

Now to be honest about WS.... before the RO's system was in place it was quite a mess out there... TV sets blown up and all kinds of garbage that people had brought out and shot at and left on the range... but I still don't think all that stupidity gave the old geezer any right to treat me that way...
    Point taken. We can be slobs. :dunno:

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Blythes 12
    Bradies 16

Well thanks for the info on WS, had no idea the RO was crazy. I'll steer clear of there.

oh we have been down this road before.

Blythe's is NOT going to win.
    Bradis Guns - Camby will end up taking 1st place just like last year.
    We came in 3rd last year and I venture to say that will occur again this year.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ingo_indiana_gun_shop_of_the_year_2011_a.html

We do NOT have the numbers up here to beat the indy area folks. So unless we resort to the tactics our politicians in "da region" take *cough* vote twice, have the dead vote, vote a thrid time, have our out of state family member's vote, vote a 4th time *cough* we can NOT ever win.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    oh we have been down this road before.

Blythe's is NOT going to win.
    Bradis Guns - Camby will end up taking 1st place just like last year.
    We came in 3rd last year and I venture to say that will occur again this year.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ingo_indiana_gun_shop_of_the_year_2011_a.html

We do NOT have the numbers up here to beat the indy area folks. So unless we resort to the tactics our politicians in "da region" take *cough* vote twice, have the dead vote, vote a thrid time, have our out of state family member's vote, vote a 4th time *cough* we can NOT ever win.

That is not the kind of attitude we need Jedi. Imagine if we had that attitude towards gun rights.:whip:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, I'm not making these, although I have been known to do so...

He has the hardest, cleanest most consistent lead bullets around...

and no you don't want to use them in a 30 carbine, it will just do the milky way down your barrel at those velocities... this is for pistol only and not magnum calibers either.....

Wilson not sure if we are on the same page or not on the mean guy from Michigan City, but he has been selling bullets from there since before I started shooting... Don't see him at the shows anymore...

As to the range condition... ya some people are slobs, we use to bring stuff out with us to shoot but we would always clean up afterwords... Heck before they put the fences and gates up on the state ranges you could find me sifting the sand in the hill at 1AM panning for lead and copper to turn into more bullets and turn in for scrap wieght...

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    and no you don't want to use them in a 30 carbine, it will just do the milky way down your barrel at those velocities... this is for pistol only and not magnum calibers either.....

Unless you go the extra step and use gas checks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom