Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's too scared to go on the south side of 30. :)

Got that right! I get hives just thinking of having to go to Menard's on US-41 as that is too close south of US-30 and don't even tell me I have to go to Wal-Mart!!! :D

Then again, Jedi, being a north of 30 thug, probably thinks all smokers look like this => :pimp:

ya look more like these 2.
    :rofl:
    20832_redneck.jpg

and

redneck_PipeSmoker11.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Big project for today, heading to Sam's Club, or maybe Costco to stock up on supplies.

Both have a decent selection of high quality private label goods. I need some "high capacity" tall kitchen trash bags, but I'm staying away from the "assault" toilet paper and plan to buy Charmin instead. For the same price as Costco's 36 count water bottles, Sam's sells a 40 count case, so I like the "extended round" available from Sam's. My wife is looking for a jumbo roll of cling wrap with the 'tactical' cutter that neatly slices pieces to her desired length, Costo has a nice one of those, not sure about Sam's.

So it may be a trip to both places. WOW, this could get exciting? Or, maybe I'll take nap.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I carry in Costco. I ignore the sign. But then again, I typically CC so they would never know anyway.

I was a member at Costco for 3 years before someone finally pointed out their gun policy to me. The Costco gun policy is the reason I joined Sam's Club. While I still have my Costco membership, my twice a month trips to Costco have dwindled down to about 1 trip every other month and that loss of business is directly related to their policy. Typically I now go to Sam's Club about twice a month.

Not sure if I will renew the Costco membership when it expires. I use both for business.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    In the Costco Gun Ban Link, there were some really good Emails sent to Costco HQ.

None of which were good enough to cause them to change their policy.

I think voting with our $$$ is the best solution. I'm trying to figure out if I can switch completely to Sam's Club, if so then when my Costco membership expires it will not be renewed.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    A fair and honest offer. I didn't even offer this guy a hamster and a toilet paper tube. Wonder if my post will remain. It is a fair and honest offer.

Linky => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._large_rifle_lr_and_large_pistol_primers.html

I recently sold a bunch of large primers, rifle and pistol, for $35 per 1000 and that covered my costs of driving to their place of work to meet them! I would understand the $45 price if these were SMALL primers, but the large primers are generally available!!!

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    A fair and honest offer. I didn't even offer this guy a hamster and a toilet paper tube. Wonder if my post will remain. It is a fair and honest offer.

Linky => https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._large_rifle_lr_and_large_pistol_primers.html

I recently sold a bunch of large primers, rifle and pistol, for $35 per 1000 and that covered my costs of driving to their place of work to meet them! I would understand the $45 price if these were SMALL primers, but the large primers are generally available!!!

With seeing this, is there any good Reloaders around or people willing to reload for me in NWI that I could pick up 9mm, .40 and .223 from for Prepanic Pricing?

I dont know much if anything about reloading But my In-Law does. He just needs to finish his HotRod before he gets his Reloader back from his Brother. So we're looking at at least 6 -9 months before that MIGHT happen. I just started saving my Brass so I dont have much but It is a Start.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Reloading is a very touchy subject.

To sell reloads one is required to have a FFL and all sorts of liability insurance. I should say, that is all required if you sell them for a profit. If you sell them at cost then you are probably not a business and probably don't need that stuff, but if one of your rounds goes KABOOM in your buddies Glock then who is at fault? Will there be hard feelings? What if your hand is injured when you pull the trigger, will you end up suing your buddy who was kind enough to reload the rounds for you?

Its a sticky wicket.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom