Not open for further replies.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    Very Good Point.

My In-law go some Reloads from a guy at his work and One Rd never fired. Primer failed. So he had a Live rd stuck in his gun.

Good thing we were at Blythes and the took care of it for him. After that Reloads Scare me!!!!!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Very Good Point.

My In-law go some Reloads from a guy at his work and One Rd never fired. Primer failed. So he had a Live rd stuck in his gun.

Good thing we were at Blythes and the took care of it for him. After that Reloads Scare me!!!!!

I've literally reloaded TENS of THOUSANDS of shotshells from my Trap Shooting days (those ended 20+ years ago) and I've had my share of squib loads. Its common on the Trap line to carry a 4" copper pipe, capped on at least one end, and filled with melted shot. Drop it in your barrel and it will knock out the shot cup.

That is simple, clean and fast with an O/U shotgun. Same problem in an autoloader when shooting at multiple targets could bulge the barrel if the first shot is the one that was the squib.

But I've been fortunate enough that I've never had a squib load/stuck bullet in the barrel of a pistol or rifle from any of my reloads. I suppose it will happen someday. Its not as simple to deal with as with a shot gun. And if you are firing double taps or rapid fire drills then there is potential for destroying a barrel. Like I said, never happened to me. But....

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    hornblasters sell kits or you can go and buy a cheap electric kit. Ir you could get the parts from a few places and save some cash. You snag me a true train horn and ill buy everything you need for yours.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I never knew of Costco's policy until now. I always carried in there, and never had a problem. We did, however, pick up a Sam's membership after our son was born because only Sam's carried the diapers and formula that we are using. We then let our Costco membership expire after the first of the year. I will say Costco is like Target, and Sam's like Walmart. I just feel a little dirty when I go into Sam's and that they sell cheaper crap. Oh well, we get what we need in bulk and leave, don't spend much time in there.

xfrostybeersx

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    C.P.
    :wow: I can't find anyone on Facebook or INGO to go to the range with me, :dunno: I have no friends. :(
    Sorry Got a sick Kid today. Have to even stay home from Church Today.
    Although, My BCG is due to come in Tuesday or Wednesday and I will be super excited to shoot my AR after that sooo.... SOON!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom