lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    L is for ....

Is da chicago way don't u know

I guess I could understand as far as man power issues if someone did not go through L-1 finger printing. If you go that route all you do is hand them a check and a copy of your application and your out the door. It does not get any easier then that.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I got my first LTCH in Highland in '84 or '85 and it was like that back then. The chief talks to everyone who applies. He handles it personally. In my case he actually told me to come in and get one, he was great through the whole process, but that was 3 (?) chiefs ago.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I switched the top part of rear sight on my 357 Talo Handi rifle for a ghost ring;

DII_8155w.jpg

DII_8166w.jpg

Much nicer for my old eyes and bifocals. ;) I won't be able to sight it in for a couple weeks, though. The receiver and stock are at the factory getting a 44mag barrel fitted. :rockwoot:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    mmm .... feel like a bloated tick* ...

Gaucho's ... :drool:

* all of you can thank me later for not posting the images of bloated ticks I found on Bing.

ADDED:

We knew what to expect when we arrived so we planned on having a leisurely meal. The food was excellent. That was some good meat. The service was excellent. We didn't have to wait long at any time for anything we needed/wanted. The head waiter was very attentive and on top of his duties. It seemed that no matter who came to the table, they knew exactly what we were drinking or meat we were waiting to be brought to the table.

For the prices they charge, we felt the decor could have been a little more up-to-date or better maintained. Everything looked older and a little worn. We noticed old and dirty ceiling panels in the dining area and even some moldy panels over the salad bar. For some reason, the chairs had velcro on the underside of the front edge of the seat. My wife ruined a good pair of stockings when she snagged the velcro.

Altogether, it was a very positive experience. Loved it. BTW, we were in and out in about an hour and a half ... took our time. :)

Last edited:

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Yep, I had to wait a while to go do it because of my work schedule at the time.
    I got my first LTCH in Highland in '84 or '85 and it was like that back then. The chief talks to everyone who applies. He handles it personally. In my case he actually told me to come in and get one, he was great through the whole process, but that was 3 (?) chiefs ago.

They still do. I met with Commander George Georgeff. IIRC, the Chief wasn't there at the time.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I have not seen George in years. He and I used to hang together, back in the day he was Officer Friendly!

He seemed like a nice enough guy. The meeting was short. Asked me why I wanted it, "suggested" I CC not OC, and talked guns and carry laws for a few minutes.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    We have 4 .40S&W shields in stock right now, it is all we have left.

$439.99

Are you gonna tell us every 12 hours until they're gone? :D

Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't all sell today. People go nuts for these things. When Cabela's gets a batch in, people act like they won the god damn lottery.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Are you gonna tell us every 12 hours until they're gone? :D

Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't all sell today. People go nuts for these things. When Cabela's gets a batch in, people act like they won the god damn lottery.

I want them gone, i'm sick of showing them to people, just to have them say they will come back for them after christmas

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom