Not open for further replies.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    What the hell are people thinking.

Today at work, I receive a phone call from the police, asking me to stop trains at a location. Apparently 2 young females have decided it would be a good ideas to take a baby and put that baby on the railroad tracks. I'm not sure if the two girls left it there then told someone... Or if they stayed to watch then got seen, or what not.

They called at the right time, I had a train heading in on that location at 50 mph about 5 miles away, so I couldn't get anymore details then the above, as I had to reach the train crew and tell them to stop their train. Which they did about a mile and a half short.

If that call would've came in just 5 minutes later, it would have been to late. There would be some devastated parents, families, train crew, rail personal and first responders just in time for the holidays.

Then to top it off, after train traffic was stopped for over an hour, the police called and told us we could run trains again. After we resumed normal operations I find out that the police just stopped searching. They never found the female trespassers or the baby.

And people wonder why I hate people.

065991b55fac9ffaab50fb63ee7b72a8.jpg

Or alternately:
    278e9685237c22827ff32a192b22809b.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If Jedi can arrange it, then it looks like we might have both the transportation and the storage place. Worst case scenario we can store all 200 sheets outside behind my workshop under a tarp.

Any idea how many sheets you can put in a pick up truck?

I'm curious about those little fold up trailers that have a 4x8 bed. Been thinking of buying one. How much does a sheet of plywood weigh? If I get one of those little trailers we might be able to store a bunch of sheets on the trailer so we don't have to load/unload/reload it.

Thinking about getting 1 of these trailers => Utility Trailer 4'x8' - Heavy Duty Folding Utility Trailer

Depending on the weight of a sheet of plywood, looks like the trailer would hold about 50 sheets . . . if they could be securely strapped down.

I'd have to look up my trailer capacity, but I think it's twice as much as the link you have. It's not a folding one. It's like the ones you see pulling lawnmowers.

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    was heading to cabelas to pick up some ammo. stopped to get gas and my jeep peed its radiator fluid all over the gas stations floor. this was the second day in a row i tried to go there and something crazy has stopped me. coincidence........ prolly

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'd have to look up my trailer capacity, but I think it's twice as much as the link you have. It's not a folding one. It's like the ones you see pulling lawnmowers.

I sold my car hauler, it had a 7000# capacity. I've been considering those little fold up units for the lawn tractor and other light duty stuff. Figured I could fold it up and roll it into the corner of the workshop.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Rewster, bet the JEEP is running hot... Chrysler put plastic radiators in those JEEPS and then sets the heat to capacity a bit low as to keep em running hot...

If you got to replace the radiator then I would look up one of those after market JEEP parts places and get a steel one with the extra capacity... I had to replace 2 of them in my JEEP over about 80000 miles...

REWSTER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Hammond
    Rewster, bet the JEEP is running hot... Chrysler put plastic radiators in those JEEPS and then sets the heat to capacity a bit low as to keep em running hot...

If you got to replace the radiator then I would look up one of those after market JEEP parts places and get a steel one with the extra capacity... I had to replace 2 of them in my JEEP over about 80000 miles...

it wasn't running hot,it had to happen sooner or later. its got 190k and that was a stock radiator. if ya see in my avatar it gets pretty caked up with mud and other than a spray down or driving in the rain he engine does not get washed off.

engine bay bout 2 years ago...

P4120077.jpg

selling is not an option!!!!! :cool:

Edit: i should mention that a dirty engine bay does not have too much to do with the radiator. but its just to show parts are bound to fail in the hobby this rig sees.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You really had to trim them ? I'm a bit amazed that they had to be trimmed, first shot and all...

The majority of the cases have been over the 1.290 length! :xmad:
    But no worries the trimming has been therapeutic for me.
    It's mindless drone work and it gives me time to just relax and not have to think or be bothered by anyone/thing. Calms me down. Weird hU?

Plus unlike the .45 where it's a just pull the lever to make more ammo, nothing fancy type of thing. I have noticed that we these it's more of a lets get every one the same lenght, the same shine, the same etc.. it's more of a pride in the work then with the .45. :dunno: how to describe it.

:laugh:

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I had a Harbor Freight trailer for a few years. I used it at close to its rated capacity. I had a lot of problems with the bearings going bad on me and I ended up selling the trailer. At the time I had my trailer the bearings were a offbeat size that after many hours of calling bearing houses and searching online I ended up buying from HF with a long lead time. If you buy one I highly recommend you order an extra pair of bearings and races from HF. They don't stock them at the stores, and if orderd it takes weeks to get them.

I ended up buying a axle and springs from a junked popup camper and building my own trailer. An economical alternative would be to buy a junked popup or other camping trailer and strip it down to the frame.

If you buy a small trailer move up to the larger 12 inch tires from the usual 8 inch. They run cooler and have lower bearing speeds which keeps the bearings cooler.

I see people selling those HF tailers on craigslist all the time asking more for them used than they cost new.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I realize the HF trailer is junk, but I also figure the 1 day a year I need to use a small trailer it will probably be good enough. I don't want anything larger (already had that). And I want one that I can fold and store inside my workshop. There are other brands of folding trailer, any would do for me.

http://redtrailers.com/Trailers.asp?type=folding

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    1.290 is max case OAL... you should be able to reload em and shoot em just fine...

Oh I'm not worried. I plan on using the same method as well Istarted to reload for Betty (1911). I had the sj snob shoot first. He did not blow up so the reload prcoess by jedi was ok. :)

C he is good 4 something. Lol

--purple--
    Taking money donations to ensure the sj snob does not blow up.
    Being all into diversity also taking money donations to ensure the sj anob DOES blow up.

Btw DaPinkFather will only accpet Chinese currency. Can't trust da usd you know.
    :rofl:
    --end purple--

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom