Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hey sadclown do you still have that chrome M1 Carbine for sale at Blythes? It would go great with this car/

kingzl1dubs.jpg

:rockwoot:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I'll call to see if it's still in house tonight before I drive out there. Now that it's out that there's stock, it won't last long. I figured LGS would have a box here and there. More people need to reload, and stop hording things that I want.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'll call to see if it's still in house tonight before I drive out there. Now that it's out that there's stock, it won't last long. I figured LGS would have a box here and there. More people need to reload, and stop hording things that I want.

U r a thug just hold them up or cry to .... da itz not fair n u need some free ammo.
    Rofl

Now what type of ammo are you crying about?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I could probably find a space inside my workshop to store SOME plywood, maybe 20-30 sheets, but I don't have the ability to transport it. If the situation arises where its necessary to get the plywood or lose out, then we can figure something out.

* Inside storage, 20 to 30 sheets.

* Outside storage for all 200 would not be a problem, probably need to cover them with tarps to keep them dry.

I have a pick up truck that I can use to transport, would just need the help moving them

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have a pick up truck that I can use to transport, would just need the help moving them

If Jedi can arrange it, then it looks like we might have both the transportation and the storage place. Worst case scenario we can store all 200 sheets outside behind my workshop under a tarp.

Any idea how many sheets you can put in a pick up truck?

I'm curious about those little fold up trailers that have a 4x8 bed. Been thinking of buying one. How much does a sheet of plywood weigh? If I get one of those little trailers we might be able to store a bunch of sheets on the trailer so we don't have to load/unload/reload it.

Thinking about getting 1 of these trailers => http://www.harborfreight.com/1195-l...tility-trailer-with-12-inch-wheels-90154.html

Depending on the weight of a sheet of plywood, looks like the trailer would hold about 50 sheets . . . if they could be securely strapped down.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI...
    Based on my talk with the guy in Valpo they don't have any plywood right now. They burned all of it 2 weekends ago. I don't know what the current number is he would have but suspect it's more in the 20s range.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    If Jedi can arrange it, then it looks like we might have both the transportation and the storage place. Worst case scenario we can store all 200 sheets outside behind my workshop under a tarp.

Any idea how many sheets you can put in a pick up truck?

I'm curious about those little fold up trailers that have a 4x8 bed. Been thinking of buying one. How much does a sheet of plywood weigh? If I get one of those little trailers we might be able to store a bunch of sheets on the trailer so we don't have to load/unload/reload it.

Thinking about getting 1 of these trailers => Utility Trailer 4'x8' - Heavy Duty Folding Utility Trailer

Depending on the weight of a sheet of plywood, looks like the trailer would hold about 50 sheets . . . if they could be securely strapped down.

Well, I know Actaeon has a trailer, and I have the pickup. I know before we had maybe 6 with no problem, but I am sure between the trailer, and the truck, should be good to go. I am still kinda physically broke, so I would need some help, but willing to try and drive. I am sure we can work something out with Actaeon as well, and we can get it all moved. I would assume on the side of the building, covered with a tarp would be great at keeping the elements off of it. If not, then we could donate the wood that went bad to the boy scouts and I am sure they can use it for firewood.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    FYI...
    Based on my talk with the guy in Valpo they don't have any plywood right now. They burned all of it 2 weekends ago. I don't know what the current number is he would have but suspect it's more in the 20s range.

Maybe we could look at picking some up in January? There should be enough to make the trip worthwhile and with a few of us we could haul and move a reasonable amount. I may be able to borrow a pick up then too. I have occasional access to one, but I know its tied up through the first of the year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom