• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I never realised until now, but the first time we see Marcellus Wallace, has has a band aid on the back of his head.

When did he get that?

[Bar scene with Butch, after Jules and Vincent have been to Jimmy's house and met with the Wolf and changed their clothes.].

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I always knew there was something to the 5 second rule.

263427_501859916501691_1061520414_n.jpg

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Just a bit to think about. According to the google, a sheet of 7/16 osb weighs around 47 pounds. At 7/16" thick that is about 87 1/2 inches thick and weighs around 9400 lbs.

If all of us got together withour simple trucks or trailers, we might be able to haul all that material. I think it may be much better to have that load delivered and unloaded by menards, depot, lowes or whoever is close. Delivery is much less than what we would spend on fuel for the trip.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just a bit to think about. According to the google, a sheet of 7/16 osb weighs around 47 pounds. At 7/16" thick that is about 87 1/2 inches thick and weighs around 9400 lbs.

If all of us got together withour simple trucks or trailers, we might be able to haul all that material. I think it may be much better to have that load delivered and unloaded by menards, depot, lowes or whoever is close. Delivery is much less than what we would spend on fuel for the trip.

True the toll on fuel is something to consider. Especially if we have to pick it from Valpo take to location A and then take it from location A to Winamac. The other option which Winamac ROs said was they might be able to pick it up with the flatbed they can use. My idea is to see if in MAR Winamac can pick up the initial 200 and then in the other months we take up to 30 at a time when we got as a group.

Off course the world ends in 30 something days. :rockwoot:

QUIET GB!!! DON"T TELL ME ABOUT THE WRONG CALCULATION!!!:laugh:

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Aside from the fuel, that is a stack of lumber just over 7 foot tall. Not counting the 2x4's so that the forklifts can grab them. And its 9400 pounds. My whole truck only weighs 5640 with a full tank of fuel... Plus then we would have to offload 200 sheets. With delivery they take it off with forks and set it wherever and ingo doesnt have to touch a thing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Aside from the fuel, that is a stack of lumber just over 7 foot tall. Not counting the 2x4's so that the forklifts can grab them. And its 9400 pounds. My whole truck only weighs 5640 with a full tank of fuel... Plus then we would have to offload 200 sheets. With delivery they take it off with forks and set it wherever and ingo doesnt have to touch a thing.

This plywood is used and not on a pallet. The plywood is used to cover cargo boxes. When they get to the site in valpo the plywood is removed (unscrewed) and the cargo box goes to it's final destination. The plywood is the left over material that typical goes into a dumpster. Now-a-days they just lay it in an area to burn once they have a big stack. Some of the plywood may had the corner's damaged but for the majority it just has the holes where it was screwed in and that is it.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    so is this plywood or osb? has it been wet? is it treated. All those things equal more weight, and if it is osb and has been wet or absorbed a bit of water it may have swelled.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The one with the 3 white strips. The plywood is left outdoors (I think) so if it rains it gets wet me thinks.
    The guy is startong to save it for us how (covered, etc...) I do not know.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    What the hell are people thinking.

Today at work, I receive a phone call from the police, asking me to stop trains at a location. Apparently 2 young females have decided it would be a good ideas to take a baby and put that baby on the railroad tracks. I'm not sure if the two girls left it there then told someone... Or if they stayed to watch then got seen, or what not.

They called at the right time, I had a train heading in on that location at 50 mph about 5 miles away, so I couldn't get anymore details then the above, as I had to reach the train crew and tell them to stop their train. Which they did about a mile and a half short.

If that call would've came in just 5 minutes later, it would have been to late. There would be some devastated parents, families, train crew, rail personal and first responders just in time for the holidays.

Then to top it off, after train traffic was stopped for over an hour, the police called and told us we could run trains again. After we resumed normal operations I find out that the police just stopped searching. They never found the female trespassers or the baby.

And people wonder why I hate people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom