• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    The competition in Knox is relaxed but all about long range pistol shooting... They will shoot 22LR pistol unsupported at 25, 50, 75, and 100 yards at steel animals that they have to hit high enough to completely knock them off thier platforms in order to score. They also shoot centerfire handgun at 50, 100, 150, and 200 yards the same way.

Now as far as the gaming part of the competition goes... you can use some specifically built guns for the job at hand, but I try to use normal stuff that I would be found with in my position hunting or carrying at times... within consideration of what you are attempting to accomplish...

You can check out thier website for the national organization below...

IHMSA Home

and as far as the GB Ranch, what T_Star said... goes...

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I will have to try that. The farthest target I've ever hit was 300 yards with my 9mm X5.

I agree about the gear. There are VERY few that can afford those purpose built guns. Most everybody brings regular stuff and runs the hell out of it. I'm now in the tricky area of "Is my gear slowing me down or is it me?" of competition. Nah, it's me.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    What did Romney accomplish tonight?

THIS:
    File:Broken.chair.jpg
    Broken.chair.jpg

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    2 sides of the same coin...

TS4, unfortunately the last competition of the year for the Knox range is 21OCT12 the sunday after the M&S this month... I do plan on being there though, if you want to comeout... could always use a spotter.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I'll work on it. I'm treading on thin ice right now. I'm going to Racine, WI for a class on 12/13 and working on shooting USPSA on the 7th. Wife wants family time.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    It's on State Road 39 south of US 30 at 200 South. You take a left on 200 south when going south on 39 and go about 2 blocks and watch for it on your left or the north side of the road. There's tree's between the road and the range...

Not sure if this will help or not...

[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.273936,-86.724529&hl=en&num=1&t=m&z=13[/ame]

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Jim Lehrer was a terrible moderator. :noway:

Even with the liberal bias that he tried to hide, Jim Lehrer gave Obama a full 4 extra minutes to make his points and still Obama stumbled through his replies.

The only way it would have looked worse for Obama is if he had showed up wearing a pair of his "mom jeans" and Romney walked on stage with a wife-beater T-shirt and a pillowcase 1/2 full of oranges.

Obama destroyed himself last night with his lame answers. Romney was smart enough to interrupt him and hold him to the truth, often lecturing the President that telling a lie over and over again does not make it true.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Even with the liberal bias that he tried to hide, Jim Lehrer gave Obama a full 4 extra minutes to make his points and still Obama stumbled through his replies.

The only way it would have looked worse for Obama is if he had showed up wearing a pair of his "mom jeans" and Romney walked on stage with a wife-beater T-shirt and a pillowcase 1/2 full of oranges.

Obama destroyed himself last night with his lame answers. Romney was smart enough to interrupt him and hold him to the truth, often lecturing the President that telling a lie over and over again does not make it true.

He looked like a professional. A professional butt kicker. :rockwoot:
    He wiped the floor with him.

BO looked soooo bad. Rope a dope came to mind though. Gotta stay on the offensive. Big Joe is next.
    :patriot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    What did Romney accomplish tonight?

THIS:
    File:Broken.chair.jpg
    Broken.chair.jpg

Sorry but I don't get the picture?
    But then again anything O or R I have not bothered to pain attention anymore as both are the same and neither will get my vote.

So I take it the southsider got his butt handed to him?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    So I just tried out my new muzzle break on my AK and I am convinced if Jesus could only have one muzzle device on an AK it would be the Spikes Dynacomp 47. It made my AK recoil feel like that of a .22 mag out of a full sized rifle. And there was no noticed muzzle rise. I would highly suggest it for anyone with an AK.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I can't let this be. In another thread there was some debating taking place and the use of the word "norm" was used. It was replyed to using the word "normal". At which point the poster that posted the word "norm" said that those two words aren't interchangeable. Why? It's really bothering me, they basically have the same meaning do they not? :dunno: I'm confused, it may be because I just woke up.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So I just tried out my new muzzle break on my AK and I am convinced if Jesus could only have one muzzle device on an AK it would be the Spikes Dynacomp 47. It made my AK recoil feel like that of a .22 mag out of a full sized rifle. And there was no noticed muzzle rise. I would highly suggest it for anyone with an AK.

Need to bring it out so we can try.

On another topic, d**** you GB!!!
    I think you brought the bad mojo last night cause this morning my NAS was not on and when I went to go check it and turn it on guess what I see?

RED error light blinking on drive #2! :xmad:
    I hope it's nothing major but we will see. Going to have to open the NAS in a bit. **SIGH** perhaps it's time I retire it as this is the second "bad drive error" in under 12 months. Got to pull up the records to see if this is one of the original drives or a replacement. This NAS has been on 24/7 for about 7 years now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom