• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, HD's fail around the same time period normally when thier on all the time in the same device... That is normal...

You might look up a AMS DS3PRO RAID box... atleast you will have two copies of your files on hand and if the box fails you can just plug one of the SATA drives in a computer and get your data back... They will handle up to 1.5 TB drives and can be hooked up Firewire, USB, or ESATA to the computer...

Stay away from the 10000 RPM drives, thier quick but get hot fast and fail quickly...

Andy, your not a quitter I guess....

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Ok ... the other thread reminded me ... Anyone have a large, flat-screen, HD television with the cable channel, AMC available? Would you mind some company on Sunday, October 14th ... let's say, around 7:30 in the evening? :D I can bring the popcorn/snacks.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I have My Docs pointed at a internal 2TB Raid 1 array with an external 2TB RAID 1 esata enclosure as backup. Take that Mac users. JK, couldn't resist.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    As the world grows more dangerous and Lori's pregnancy advances, Rick locates a potentially safe haven.

I've seen enough. Sorry.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OK, now I understand.

Back on the "IGNORE LIST" for you!

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

Jedi, HD's fail around the same time period normally when thier on all the time in the same device... That is normal...

You might look up a AMS DS3PRO RAID box... atleast you will have two copies of your files on hand and if the box fails you can just plug one of the SATA drives in a computer and get your data back... They will handle up to 1.5 TB drives and can be hooked up Firewire, USB, or ESATA to the computer...

Stay away from the 10000 RPM drives, thier quick but get hot fast and fail quickly...

Andy, your not a quitter I guess....

are you talking about this one?
    Newegg.com - AMS DS-DS3RPRO Black USB 2.0 & eSATA 2 HDD SATA RAID Storage Enclosure

I like this old NAS as it's been a work horse for me.
    Plus it's on the network and hidden out of sight should me PC ever get stolen.

Yes I know it's time I should upgrade just have heartburn when I look at the new SATA NASs and their price tags.

BTW that link above goes to an OUT OF STOCK/NO LONGER IN STOCK item.

Any other recommendations?

Ok ... the other thread reminded me ... Anyone have a large, flat-screen, HD television with the cable channel, AMC available? Would you mind some company on Sunday, October 14th ... let's say, around 7:30 in the evening? :D I can bring the popcorn/snacks.

:rolleyes: Really... really you watch that?
    :puke:

I have My Docs pointed at a internal 2TB Raid 1 array with an external 2TB RAID 1 esata enclosure as backup. Take that Mac users. JK, couldn't resist.

My DATA are on a stand alone internal 250 GB drive, plus there is a backup of that data also on another internal drive on the PC as well. The NAS is technically the 3rd backup of MY DATA files. The external 1TB is the 4th backup and I have another external 1TB that is off site and comes home once a month to backup making it the 5th backup of MY DATA.

& I think 4 copies of backups is NOT ENOUGH! I learned the hard way in college that 2 backups was not enough. :(

but i will never backup to the cloud!!! i'll own a glock before i backup to the cloud!

As the world grows more dangerous and Lori's pregnancy advances, Rick locates a potentially safe haven.

I've seen enough. Sorry.

Hu??? Days of our lives? General Hospital? :laugh:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    1. Walking dead=awesome

2. Sonny Corinthos=BAMF

BAMF??? :dunno:
    I'm coming up with several terms for that.
    Are you making fun of the mobster?

What's wrong with The Walking Dead?

Nothing provided the TV studios actually FINISH the series off sometime in the future and not just cancel the show.
    Until then i will wait to see it if and only if they actually do give it an ending.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

are you talking about this one?
    Newegg.com - AMS DS-DS3RPRO Black USB 2.0 & eSATA 2 HDD SATA RAID Storage Enclosure

I like this old NAS as it's been a work horse for me.
    Plus it's on the network and hidden out of sight should me PC ever get stolen.

Yes I know it's time I should upgrade just have heartburn when I look at the new SATA NASs and their price tags.

BTW that link above goes to an OUT OF STOCK/NO LONGER IN STOCK item.

Any other recommendations?

:rolleyes: Really... really you watch that?
    :puke:

My DATA are on a stand alone internal 250 GB drive, plus there is a backup of that data also on another internal drive on the PC as well. The NAS is technically the 3rd backup of MY DATA files. The external 1TB is the 4th backup and I have another external 1TB that is off site and comes home once a month to backup making it the 5th backup of MY DATA.

& I think 4 copies of backups is NOT ENOUGH! I learned the hard way in college that 2 backups was not enough. :(

but i will never backup to the cloud!!! i'll own a glock before i backup to the cloud!

Hu??? Days of our lives? General Hospital? :laugh:
    In red quoted for when Jedi later denies he ever stated such a thing! :faint:

BAMF??? :dunno:
    I'm coming up with several terms for that.
    Are you making fun of the mobster?

Nothing provided the TV studios actually FINISH the series off sometime in the future and not just cancel the show.
    Until then i will wait to see it if and only if they actually do give it an ending.
    BAMF: Bad Ass Mother F*****

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, yep that was it... Got a lot of those in businesses all over... Work like a charm, the smokeshop is gonna be pissed with me as I will have to find something else to use in thier new system.. I liked these as they have no overlay used for the RAID and are hot swappable and the whole drive unit can just be picked up and ran out of the building as it burns down or whatever is happening... This is tooo bad that they decided to discontinue something that worked so well and was cheap...

I'm with you on the cloud storage... it's great for those that have a open book to thier data and thier lives, but for privacy it sucks...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Sucksville ... compact camera in the drink. :xmad:

:rockwoot: Fully recovered and functional.

Also ...

Anyone going to the Smallbore Match at NPCCC this Saturday? Looks like they will have some 100 yard shooting with rifle and pistol. The format is supposed to be identical to the steel plate match ... no pasting, easy resets, three attempts per stage. Should be a quick, fun match.

Anyone have a .22 conversion on their full-size, centerfire handgun?

ADDED: I can/will supply a pistol/rifle/ammo for free, if any brand new shooter (to practical shooting competition) wants to give it a try. Good first match for anyone that has never tried practical shooting sports. PM me if interested.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom