Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I kinda like being a daywalker... but realistically I'm up all the time anyway...

After 1AM you can actually sit and work on computers, it's the quiet time when people don't realize they have broken thier computer earlier that evening checking out that cool site...

Then the calls start and projects sit till you get back to the quiet hours...

Breakfast is good anytime....

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    As far as the NFA trusts go, when are we going to make a NWI Trust? You can name anyone to the trust, even thugs and rednecks. There may be a municipality or two in Lake that may sign off, but I doubt there is many. I'm sure Hammond won't sign off on any NFA items, so a trust is the way to go for me. I'm not going the quicken route if/when I pull the trigger. I don't want to be limited by state lines, I will pay for the POM that somebody took my money to do the job right.

That 1911 w/ the Osprey was SWEEEEEET! :drool:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just another quick reminder for Thursday everning.

MUSIC and CIGARS at the 1101 Cigar Lounge. The rep from multi-award winning HC CIGARS is showing up to debut their new line of HC HABANO SQUARED cigars. He'll offer deals on all other HC cigars too.

OPEN CARRY is welcomed at Northwest Indiana's unofficial INGO clubhouse so feel free to carry as you please.

As is always the case, there is no obligation to buy/smoke a cigar.

Guitarist Tony Cortina will be playing during the evening.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Just another quick reminder for Thursday everning.

MUSIC and CIGARS at the 1101 Cigar Lounge. The rep from multi-award winning HC CIGARS is showing up to debut their new line of HC HABANO SQUARED cigars. He'll offer deals on all other HC cigars too.

OPEN CARRY is welcomed at Northwest Indiana's unofficial INGO clubhouse so feel free to carry as you please.

As is always the case, there is no obligation to buy/smoke a cigar.

Guitarist Tony Cortina will be playing during the evening.

LadyGhost and I are planning on being there....

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    For me and the wife it would take 9 trips each to break even by the time we get the family membership and pay the five dollar indoor range fee. That is only counting range fees not gas or time. I'm comparing it to Blythes in Valpo as fair as indoor range fees.

I guess it depends on gas, but a family (120) + 18 range visits is $210
    18 range visits to Blythes is $180 (just guessing they still charge $10) so I see your point, but don't they charge by the hour? That would or could factor in.
    For me there is a big benefit in the private factor because of obvious shooting restrictions at public ranges. Plus, you rarely have to wait to shoot.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I guess it depends on gas, but a family (120) + 18 range visits is $210
    18 range visits to Blythes is $180 (just guessing they still charge $10) so I see your point, but don't they charge by the hour? That would or could factor in.
    For me there is a big benefit in the private factor because of obvious shooting restrictions at public ranges. Plus, you rarely have to wait to shoot.

Just curious, but as a member of the Issac Walton League do you have to participate in other events? Fund raisers? Environmental events? Put in time around the facility cleaning, maintaining, operating, volunteering, etc?

LadyGhost and I are planning on being there....
    Cool. See you Thursday evening.

BTW, I think I may have forgotten to tell Michelle that there is some 1000 Island Dressing mixed into that "Reuben Dip" recipe.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just curious, but as a member of the Issac Walton League do you have to participate in other events? Fund raisers? Environmental events? Put in time around the facility cleaning, maintaining, operating, volunteering, etc?

If you join being that you are SOUTH Lake County I think there is a small clause of text that says you have to clean the bathrooms with a little toothbursh, frost gump style. :laugh:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    If you join being that you are SOUTH Lake County I think there is a small clause of text that says you have to clean the bathrooms with a little toothbursh, frost gump style. :laugh:

I have no intention of joining. That is waaaay to far away for me to drive to shoot. Besides I have both a pistol and a rifle range on my property.

I was simply curious if members are required to work as part of their membership. Many of the private shooting ranges have that requirement.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    gloomy for all....

but if it isn't raining, your not training... right...

and girls do look better in the rain....

Where's the purple when you need it... ?

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    No, there are no "work" or participation requirements.
    As with most organizations of this type, 5% of the membership actually runs and maintains the place.
    While we greatly appreciate any time that our members can lend when asked, we fully understand that people have other obligations and proirities.
    It's not really that big of deal. Example, range back stop maint. is done as needed. 4-6 of us will just get together one Sat morning around 9 and do it. Done by 1pm or so. No biggie. A half dozen or so of us painted the main building over the last 2 Saturdays. Again we call out to the membership if anyone is able to give their time, but there's no hard feelings if you don't. There's also the consideration that a lot (and by that i mean most) of the members are "older" guys that really don't need to be climbing ladders, etc.
    And not that it's a reason, but i sure would like to get some more guys under 60 to join. Guys my grandpa's age cussing at each other is only funny the first few hundred times. ;)

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    No, there are no "work" or participation requirements.
    As with most organizations of this type, 5% of the membership actually runs and maintains the place.
    While we greatly appreciate any time that our members can lend when asked, we fully understand that people have other obligations and proirities.
    It's not really that big of deal. Example, range back stop maint. is done as needed. 4-6 of us will just get together one Sat morning around 9 and do it. Done by 1pm or so. No biggie. A half dozen or so of us painted the main building over the last 2 Saturdays. Again we call out to the membership if anyone is able to give their time, but there's no hard feelings if you don't. There's also the consideration that a lot (and by that i mean most) of the members are "older" guys that really don't need to be climbing ladders, etc.
    And not that it's a reason, but i sure would like to get some more guys under 60 to join. Guys my grandpa's age cussing at each other is only funny the first few hundred times. ;)
    Sounds like a Shelby Ike's meeting! Lol!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom