• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I'd be more likely to go on Saturday, when I don't have to be at work until 1445. Sunday I work at 1215. Gots to sell them gats to Chicago gangbangers, dontcha know.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I'm in. I've been busy as heck this last couple days.
    I'm not sure I'll have my kydex and junk in time, if someone has extra I'll gladly pay, otherwise I'll just stop by and shoot the breeze.

Kydex Workshop
    When: Sunday October 14, 2012
    Where: 46342 (Address will be PM'd to members attending)
    Time: 12:00-18:00

You will have to order your own supply's, I will not have enough to go around. I get all of my supply's from Knife Kits. Here is a list of thing you will need to make a holster or mag pouches. You can also make knife sheaths and flashlight holder too.

Chicago Screws - Black Coated - #8 - (.1875 x .250) - 10 Pack
    Stock# KKCS-8250-BK-10
    SEE: QTY DISCOUNTS
    Price: $3.60

Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™) - 100 Pack
    Stock# KYSR8-100
    Price: $12.95
    Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™)

KYDEX™ Sheet - Black - (.080)
    Stock# KYSHE08
    Price: $5.80

Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4 inch sheath rivets)
    Stock# HRSK8
    Price: $11.99
    Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4" sheath rivets)

I do have a hand setter but one more would be nice too have so there is no bottle necks.

Depending how good you are with the kydex you could possibly make 2 holsters with a 12x12 sheet. Make sure you order early so your supply's are in before Sunday. They do have two day shipping.

We will be doing these in my garage. The weather as of now is 60 and rain so dress warm. I do have a heater if it gets to cold so dress in layers.

As for hand tools we should be good. We could use a extra toaster oven and a heat gun depending on the number of people.

I will have to limit this workshop to 10 people.

We can order some pizza if we start to get hunger. You may want to bring some thing to drink.

If you would like to do this and have any questions please PM me with them so we are not tying up the NWI INGO break room. I will do a update on a daily basis.

Attendees
    1. Wild Deuce

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well you guys almost sold me another fine S&W specimen today....

You two can't get together on which day you will be out there... oh well...

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Well you guys almost sold me another fine S&W specimen today....

You two can't get together on which day you will be out there... oh well...

Oh yeah? Which one were you lookin at? I've seen you shopping before, but I didn't wanna yell out "HEY GUNBUNNIES!" Like someone at another gun shop might do. :laugh:

TV: You available on Saturday?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You had a nice model 28... but someone bought it yesterday I think... still have a nice 2.5 inch 66 though... and that Ruger Lipsky is nice but just a bit out of my price catagory... The 686 4 inch you had in there was nice too, but a bit lower on my want list... sent Smith a email about getting a replacement side plate for that 66 but probably won't hear back from them for a week or sooo...

Wish Smith would make a Model 27 in 357 mag with either the 6 or 8 shot cylinder that was setup like the 629 Stealth Hunter... that is a classy looking piece of hardware but I'm not a fan of the 44 mag... my nuropothy cringes at it...

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    You had a nice model 28... but someone bought it yesterday I think... still have a nice 2.5 inch 66 though... and that Ruger Lipsky is nice but just a bit out of my price catagory... The 686 4 inch you had in there was nice too, but a bit lower on my want list... sent Smith a email about getting a replacement side plate for that 66 but probably won't hear back from them for a week or sooo...

Wish Smith would make a Model 27 in 357 mag with either the 6 or 8 shot cylinder that was setup like the 629 Stealth Hunter... that is a classy looking piece of hardware but I'm not a fan of the 44 mag... my nuropothy cringes at it...

I've spent many a dull moment fondling that 686. Very nice, sits perfectly in the hand. *daydream*

I'll look for that model 28 tomorrow. It might have just gone on hold. A lot of times,. people put stuff on hold just to get it off the floor. Then they go home, come to their senses and don't come back.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I love the 686 6 inch I have... actually it has the best trigger job of all the revolvers I have currently.. It's like glass....

I'm gonna get this R8 looked at down at Sand Burr as it doesn't have 100% ignition and the trigger is still stiff... haven't tryed playing with it either, it's original...

If that 28 is still sitting in the back you will have to let me know... the 27/28 was the original magnum, the one that started the whole magnum craze...

In the 686 arena, I'm still looking for a 2.5 inch 6 shot and the Silhoutte 8 3/8th. inch barreled one to add to the collection... then I'll still want the 4 inch to complete the set... and a fine picture I have planned for the Gunbunnies models...

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I love the 686 6 inch I have... actually it has the best trigger job of all the revolvers I have currently.. It's like glass....

I'm gonna get this R8 looked at down at Sand Burr as it doesn't have 100% ignition and the trigger is still stiff... haven't tryed playing with it either, it's original...

If that 28 is still sitting in the back you will have to let me know... the 27/28 was the original magnum, the one that started the whole magnum craze...

In the 686 arena, I'm still looking for a 2.5 inch 6 shot and the Silhoutte 8 3/8th. inch barreled one to add to the collection... then I'll still want the 4 inch to complete the set... and a fine picture I have planned for the Gunbunnies models...

Still wanting my 686 snubbie for that shoot??

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Yes I do... cause I'm not seeing any of them that I can afford currently... When I find the 8 3/8th. inch one, I know I can get ahold of a 4 inch one so were on... but it is looking like it might not be till spring with the weather changing...

You bringing that little snub out this next M&S or what ?

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Yes I do... cause I'm not seeing any of them that I can afford currently... When I find the 8 3/8th. inch one, I know I can get ahold of a 4 inch one so were on... but it is looking like it might not be till spring with the weather changing...

You bringing that little snub out this next M&S or what ?

Not real likely. LadyGhost is having knee replacement surgery on the 16th. I am also having cortisone injections in my ankle that day as well, so I doubt either of us will be making it out.:(

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I'm sorry to hear that GOW... Hope for the best for the two of you... Maybe you can make it to the shoot at Blythes on the 27th. then...

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    At this point it does not look like the class is going to fill up so if you would like to watch you are welcome too.

See, lonehoosier, if you weren't such a nice guy to have made the holsters for kev's lc9, we'd have to come do it ourselves. :D
    But, perhaps we'll come by to shoot the breeze. And, swipe some kydex sliver scraps...i have an idea to modify my current holster.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    See, lonehoosier, if you weren't such a nice guy to have made the holsters for kev's lc9, we'd have to come do it ourselves. :D
    But, perhaps we'll come by to shoot the breeze. And, swipe some kydex sliver scraps...i have an idea to modify my current holster.

You and Kevin are always welcome to come over.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    This is your last day to order your kydex in time for the workshop.

Kydex Workshop
    When: Sunday October 14, 2012
    Where: 46342 (Address will be PM'd to members attending)
    Time: 12:00-18:00

You will have to order your own supply's, I will not have enough to go around. I get all of my supply's from Knife Kits. Here is a list of thing you will need to make a holster or mag pouches. You can also make knife sheaths and flashlight holder too.

Stock# KKCS-8250-BK-10
    Price: $3.60

Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™) - 100 Pack
    Stock# KYSR8-100
    Price: $12.95
    Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™)

Stock# KYSHE08
    Price: $5.80

Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4 inch sheath rivets)
    Stock# HRSK8
    Price: $11.99
    Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4" sheath rivets)

I do have a hand setter but one more would be nice too have so there is no bottle necks.

Depending how good you are with the kydex you could possibly make 2 holsters with a 12x12 sheet. Make sure you order early so your supply's are in before Sunday. They do have two day shipping.

We will be doing these in my garage. The weather as of now is 60 and rain so dress warm. I do have a heater if it gets to cold so dress in layers.

As for hand tools we should be good. We could use a extra toaster oven and a heat gun depending on the number of people.

I will have to limit this workshop to 10 people.

We can order some pizza if we start to get hunger. You may want to bring some thing to drink.

If you would like to do this and have any questions please PM me with them so we are not tying up the NWI INGO break room. I will do a update on a daily basis.

Attendees
    1. Wild Deuce
    2. Geronimojoe

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point

:n00b::dunno::dunno::ugh::ugh: why does everyone think it's a LC9?

KAHR CM9 :rockwoot: :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom