• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    David Packard is a long time anti-gun activist, financial backer of Brady, etc. Link? Hell I don't know, somethings have been happening since before Al Gore invented the internet!

I see ... not a single event occurance. Oh well, fooey on them.

I'm going to my happy place.

In other news ... I'm considering shooting the Steel Plate Match this weekend with my 340PD. That should be a hoot. :laugh:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    David Packard is a long time anti-gun activist, financial backer of Brady, etc. Link? Hell I don't know, somethings have been happening since before Al Gore invented the internet!

But look here => NRA-ILA | Anti-Gun Lobbying Organizations and try here => Anti-Gun Foundation Suggests Eliminating Firearms Safety Programs and even here =>[URL]http://www.packard.org/[/URL]

Not just anti gun but they fund a Population and Reproductive Health program .... code for pro-abortion. Even more reason to :xmad: :xmad: :xmad: HP.

Thanks a lot .... *grrr .... arghhh ... must .. get back .. to my happy place.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Ugh, I gained 50 lbs during that 4 months over the road last year. Gotta ditch this crap. Cutting the pop as a starter. I thought I'd lose a bunch of this just from work(loading stuff onto dolly, down truck ramp, into store, repeat) I dropped about 10 of it and that was in the first month, been sitting around high 280s, low 290s for past three.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Ugh, I gained 50 lbs during that 4 months over the road last year. Gotta ditch this crap. Cutting the pop as a starter. I thought I'd lose a bunch of this just from work(loading stuff onto dolly, down truck ramp, into store, repeat) I dropped about 10 of it and that was in the first month, been sitting around high 280s, low 290s for past three.

Cut out the High Fructose Corn Syrup! Mexican Coke is ok once in a while, as it contains real sugar. And get rid of the bread/pasta/potatoes. There's a lot of news stories on the web about the dangers of genetically modified grains. It's not the same wheat it was 50 years ago.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Cut out the High Fructose Corn Syrup! Mexican Coke is ok once in a while, as it contains real sugar. And get rid of the bread/pasta/potatoes. There's a lot of news stories on the web about the dangers of genetically modified grains. It's not the same wheat it was 50 years ago.

This is what I did and I have lost 54 pounds in 7 mouths. I have been holding at 258-262 for two mouths now. I really need to start working out.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sure, everyone will get to try the Black Rain out. But, it's on layaway. Maybe in the Spring?

Haven't reverted to 14 years old.
    But working all day at the mill surrounded by guys, Hooter's is a bit different. In a good way, as long as I don't get tazered.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Actaeon277, You didn't do anything to get tasered about did you... I remember the first time I got tasered... well let's not discuss that...

TV, it's all about feeling full and not eating a bunch of carbs to do it... Unfortunately most of the fast food joints are loaded with carb heavy foods...

Eat more vegetables and meat, and not the starchy vegy's either... Sorry to say but the corn, peas, and potatoes aren't on the list... but look on the good side... you can eat pounds and pounds of meat items until you try to take your medical for your CDL an then they start harping on you about your cholesterol and high blood pressure levels... No one's ever happy you know...

Sooo is it just me and Lowendgenerator going to JP this saturday or are any of you other shooters gonna show up ?

PS: Seen Taken 2 tonight and I thought it was worth the 5 bucks I paid to see it... plenty of action and good story line, just a bit hard to believe the old guy could fight like that, but oh well it was a movie... Liked the fact that he checked his pistol to see if it was loaded as he picked up one off the ground in two different scenes... A little more realism to the gun handleing... anyways that is my .02 cents worth on that...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I nuked my laptop on the advice of Da Pink Father. Anyway, I have five discs to run and the first two took several minutes each. I inserted the third disc as requested and within 5 seconds it kicked open and asked for the next disc ... does that sound right or did I do something wrong?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Real computer geeks would normally be up now... It's when it starts to get quiet and we can actually fix all the broken computers we picked up all day...

Could be just fine... maybe not... you will know when it finishes...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    It's been a loooooong day. I'm tired of technology. God bless those of you that do this for a living and have to put up with the rest of us.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    No problem... if you need help let me know... I work on these things all day. Put fires out constantly and put bandaides on problems to get them back in service all day too...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    No problem... if you need help let me know... I work on these things all day. Put fires out constantly and put bandaides on problems to get them back in service all day too...

Thanks. Jedi was talking me through this one but he had to go to bed.

I was being stubborn and trying to salvage what I had without going nuke on the hard drive (tried uninstalling the HP drivers and software).

Didn't work.

Started the nuke option late.

UPDATE: It was operator error ... I clicked "ok" before closing the disc. It backed me up and it seems to be doing it's thing again.

:popcorn:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    OK, well again if you need it let me know... I do a dozen rebuilds a week, with recovering all thier pictures and music and documents all the time...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    OK, well again if you need it let me know... I do a dozen rebuilds a week, with recovering all thier pictures and music and documents all the time...

I'll let you know in the morning. This is my first computer dump/recovery.

It's been all ... :crying: and :nailbite: ... with some :faint: thrown in.

I'm trying to avoid :spend:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Ok, here is what REALLY happened at the gun store today. Actaeon and myself go in there, say hi to more then a couple people that we know. look around the pistols side. Tells me to buy him a lever action for Christmas. Noted. Then go into the other room with the ARs. I told him that last time I was in there, I almost put 3 or 4 different rifles on layaway. He ignores me (apparently) and starts looking at some of the sights. One of the employees call us over to look at the new rifle they just got in. As in, they cut open the box so we could look at it. Actaeon looks at it, hands it to another customer, other customer says, kind of heavy. Employee, thats cause its a 308. Actaeon RIPS the gun out of the other guy's hands and sights down it again, then says, I want it, lets start the paperwork up now. I was standing there, waiting to hold the rifle, didn't even get the chance. Although, I later showed him the "brother" AR that was in 5.56 in the counter there. Same company, just different caliber and price. We go to Hooters to enjoy the new rifle buy, and, wow, its dress up day. Actaeon did get tasered at least 4 times, at least once per waitress. But, I was very happy with the wings that I got, and we picked up the new calendar for next year. All in all, i thought it was a good day. Sometimes you gotta get a new firearm. Speaking of that, have a new pistol coming out to the meet and shoot. a 1911 22 from Sig, with a threaded barrel.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Actaeon277, You didn't do anything to get tasered about did you... I remember the first time I got tasered... well let's not discuss that ...

The FIRST time you got tasered :dunno: The way you wrote it implies you were tasered more that 1 time. Didn't you learn not to **** off the Po-Po the first time they tasered you???

Me, I got "paddled" in 7th grade by the principal and learned that you don't want to even look like you are doing something wrong. Sounds like you might also enjoy peeing on electric fences and spitting into the wind . . . just to see what happens? :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom