Not open for further replies.

seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    Jedi gets all the good PM's :( :laugh:

I installed the trial of Windows 8 on an extra machine at work last month, and then got to play with one of the Microsoft Surface tablets. Windows 8 takes some getting used to on a computer, but I kinda like it on a tablet or if you had a touchscreen interface.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi gets all the good PM's :( :laugh:

I installed the trial of Windows 8 on an extra machine at work last month, and then got to play with one of the Microsoft Surface tablets. Windows 8 takes some getting used to on a computer, but I kinda like it on a tablet or if you had a touchscreen interface.

Agree with a touchscreen it is a good idea.
    But for a desktop meh not seeing the benefit (yet).

I see that the "title" for mail is only for Microsoft Mail (ie. hotmail). Looking in the MS store there is no app for Yahoo Mail like their is on the google store. I could see using that "Yahoo mail" app on that start up screen. The other titles look like you can customize but not sure with what I would. Do like that the data is dynamic (weather, news scrolling) as oppose to now.

1) Start pc
    2) open up IE, FIREFOX, OPERA, CHROME
    3) IE has my news , Firefox me personal email accountrs, opera biz related stuff (email, bank accounts, wesbite), chrome to surf web

So I could see setting all that up on the titles and doing it dynamic. after all that is what 75% of the time my pc is doing. So why not start there as oppose to me doing it.

& yes I do get some VERY GOOD emails... :drool:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm a Mopar guy but at this stage in life I would take any of these ...
    I was a Studebaker guy. Sold off my Avanti Convertible a few years ago. It was #28 of roughly 200 built. Its now on display at a hotel in Cabo (at least it was last I heard). This one was mine, powered by Chevy 305.
    P1010853.jpg

P1010856.jpg

This is what I play with now, its a lot slower but its climbed mountains!
    4.jpg

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I was a Studebaker guy. Sold off my Avanti Convertible a few years ago. It was #28 of roughly 200 built. Its now on display at a hotel in Cabo (at least it was last I heard). This one was mine, powered by Chevy 305.
    P1010853.jpg

P1010856.jpg

This is what I play with now, its a lot slower but its climbed mountains!
    4.jpg

Im going to have to get a pic of my buddys avanti and show you, its one of my fav cars, I'm not sure ifiblike his rims though

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The one with the black top, white top is a cutlass closest to camera is a gto

I'm under the impression that most of the convertibles had factory wire rims, but with Avanti just about anything was possible. They were truly handbuilt cars and were highly factory customized based on the whims of the buyers. Do you know any of the history of your friend's car?

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I'm under the impression that most of the convertibles had factory wire rims, but with Avanti just about anything was possible. They were truly handbuilt cars and were highly factory customized based on the whims of the buyers. Do you know any of the history of your friend's car?

All three of the cars in my pic have the aftermarket rims, I think are kinda g
    audy and too big for those cars

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    It is my first Ford, but I have read good things about it. Plus they went without a bailout, which is a bonus.

I would have bought another Infiniti, but the redesign isn't due until next year. I did not want to wait another year.

I fell in love with the new Acura ILX (based on the Honda Civic, eek). Even with the basic 2.0L engine it was pretty quick. Had the flappy paddle gearbox. Really nice having the slush box combined with the ability to shift at will through the gears.

Wife didn't understand how useful it was.

Really nice to get up to speed in 2nd / 3rd gear and flick it into 5th and watch the fuel econ jump to 70MPG LOL.

I DO want either an Acura TSX with the 2.4 or the ILX 6MT with the same engine, and a 6 speed manual.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Makes me cry when I see a really nice classic American muscle car (or just a nice clean car from the 50s, 60s, 70s) RUINED by "22s" or another stupidly large wheelset. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom