• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

first hings first, they sit you down for about 25 minutes for you at ravish in their 35 item salad bar, hoping you get full there.

then they ask what you want, seafood or meat or both... then about 15 mins later they stop on by and cut you off a sliver of meat.... they load you up with sides though, cause you have to eat something while you wait another 15 minutes for them to bring other meats by....

unless you have like 3 hours to set aside for dinner, dont do it...

I had the complete 180 experience there. Can't wait to go back. The wife talks about it all the time. For us it's a once a year thing. The staff is awesome.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Went there to see a friend sing. Yes, I have friends. Don't look so surprised.
    It was a while ago, so I don't remember specifics. But I had a good time, and the food was good.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have been going there since they opened. We love it.

I never eat the salad bar. I always just ask them to get me a plate and start on meat. You can ask for more of a meat if you want. They are more generous with portions when it is less busy. They will also make an effort to bring meat cooked the way you like it, if you ask.

My only issue with it is that I don't need to eat as much as I usually do when I go there. :)

It is pricey, but worth it in my opinion.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Don't waste time/money on Gaucho's. Go up to Chicago and go to Fogo de Chao...I know, I know...Chicago...but you'll be happy you did it. Or I guess you can go down to Indy for Fogo.

Jedi, windows 8 blows unless you have a touchscreen, then it might be bearable. Been using it since RC1 on my laptop and can't wait to reformat with win7.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Silver, Actaeon and myself had a great time at the range yesterday. Silver was doing great, and has narrowed down her selection to a few pistols that she wants to get. Anyone have a Rugar 95DC? She has liked how it looks and feels, but wants to see how it feels when it shoots. While shooting, another pistol was knocked off the list, so its most likely the Sig P228, but would rather her test out as much as possible for her first pistol, and the one that she will soon carry and shoot all the time.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Don't waste time/money on Gaucho's. Go up to Chicago and go to Fogo de Chao...I know, I know...Chicago...but you'll be happy you did it. Or I guess you can go down to Indy for Fogo.

Jedi, windows 8 blows unless you have a touchscreen, then it might be bearable. Been using it since RC1 on my laptop and can't wait to reformat with win7.

I'm gonna stick with it (WIN 8) install the shell and it takes you to the desktop and you never have to see that stupid START screen anymore. :D

Now in terms of what it can/cannot handle hum... well I know some of my apps are old but drivers are the main issues right now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Clark use this Classic Shell (http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

IMO, Fogo is only better on the salad bar, which I never touch. Plus Fogo is in Chicago and costs even more than Gauchos.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Just so everyone knows, Friday night, from around 4-8 PM at the Schererville American Legion, we will be hosting Pepe's night. Looking forward to seeing some of you out there. Great food, drinks, and people.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Also, I'm carrying a voice recorder at work now. My coworker constantly insults me and acts like I'm in the wrong when I boil over and flip out on him. I dunno if it will save my job if it gets to that point since the bosses are on his dick because he's so good at putting boxes on a cart, but I think it might help if they were to try to deny unemployment. This is just CYA at the moment since I'm pretty sure he won't actually do anything given his problems with his previous partner.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom