Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Morning gang

ObamaGangster6.jpg

hitlist-title.gif

u aint from around here hu boy?
    What iz your kind doing up here?
    Trying n buy some dope? hu?
    oh wait u got an LTCH? I best take that handgun and unload/dissamble for officer safety. Best call in Officer Chompy as well cause I smell me some grass in da car of yours.
    No redneck in his right mind would come up north if he aint wanting 2 buy some weed.
    :laugh:

Welcome my southern cousin!

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Clearly there is a generational difference in 'car guys' logic. I built up a Jetta TDI street racer. Beefed up the springs, increased the size of the brakes, swapped out the front bumper for a fiberglass race front end to aid with aerodynamics and increase cooling to the engine. Chip the engine for more torque and HP. All of that is functional and increases performance.

The young guns want to decrease the ability to see and be seen and that reduces performance of the lights. Looks 'cool' but does nothing productive.

I'd swap out the rims, lower it and tint the windows a little..other than that it looks pretty nice out of the factory.

Do NOT like the wheels though KLB :(

Also watch for corrosion on that battery too... They're a PIG for doing that. Every new Ford in the last 5 years has really truly awful corrosion problems with their engine bay mounted batteries.

edit: Hmm, already pretty low... something about it doesn't look right... those wheels look HUGE.

maybe an optical illusion.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'd swap out the rims, lower it and tint the windows a little..other than that it looks pretty nice out of the factory.

Do NOT like the wheels though KLB :(

Also watch for corrosion on that battery too... They're a PIG for doing that. Every new Ford in the last 5 years has really truly awful corrosion problems with their engine bay mounted batteries.

edit: Hmm, already pretty low... something about it doesn't look right... those wheels look HUGE.

maybe an optical illusion.
    They are 20s. I happen to really like those wheels. I have another set of wheels coming in Saturday, which are only 18s. They will be for my Winter tires.

Tinting is a maybe. Wife is already going to have a fit over the new wheels and tires. Maybe when Spring comes around I can get it done. :D

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    I forgot to update everyone on the computer buy, after a very long day of trying to buy a laptop, the wife growing impatient and angry, and the son becoming ever so tired and irritable. I decided to go with the Toshiba. The lady gots to the back to get it for me, and come back empty handed because they are out -.- how mad was I...so she says I could buy the display. Which I might've considered if some of the other displays had screens up saying there were problems with the computer, so I played it safe and settled with the HP. And then fought through Comminois traffic. Took me 1hr and 20 mins to travel 20 miles at one point. I almost had a mental breakdown on 94 lol

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I forgot to update everyone on the computer buy, after a very long day of trying to buy a laptop, the wife growing impatient and angry, and the son becoming ever so tired and irritable. I decided to go with the Toshiba. The lady gots to the back to get it for me, and come back empty handed because they are out -.- how mad was I...so she says I could buy the display. Which I might've considered if some of the other displays had screens up saying there were problems with the computer, so I played it safe and settled with the HP. And then fought through Comminois traffic. Took me 1hr and 20 mins to travel 20 miles at one point. I almost had a mental breakdown on 94 lol

Wins 7 or 8?
    --pirple--
    Let us know when it blows up. It has windows after all.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I just peed.

As someone said to me. Power is nothing without handling.

If you like the wheels then it's all good ;)

That's a lot of power too, AWD and a flappy paddle gear box. That would make me a happy pickle. (except its a ford).
    It is my first Ford, but I have read good things about it. Plus they went without a bailout, which is a bonus.

I would have bought another Infiniti, but the redesign isn't due until next year. I did not want to wait another year.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This thread is in need of rescue ...
    Naw, the new Ford speaks well for itself. But the 'young'uns who think that performance comes by tinting the lights so they are too dim to see, or who hang those silly coffee can mufflers on the back that sound like a cat stuffed and some loose gravel stuffed inside a clarinet . . . those are the kids that need to be rescued from themselves.

I got the SHO package on it. Bigger brakes and stiffer suspension are both part of it.
    http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2013_TaurusSHO_Perf.pdf
    Very nice :rockwoot:

picture or it doesn't exist.
    Its parked at the 1101 Cigar Lounge now, I've been driving it today because Melen and I ride together on days when I coach Fencing at her school. Come take a picture.

P1070882.jpg.html

P1070877.jpg

P1070878.jpg

Last edited:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    You can keep your new cars. I'll take the blub-blub-blub-blub from a set of Hookers anyday.

Feeling your spine getting smashed into the vinyl as the front end rises and not knowing if you'll be able to keep her straight. Yeah baby.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    You can keep your new cars. I'll take the blub-blub-blub-blub from a set of Hookers anyday.

Feeling your spine getting smashed into the vinyl as the front end rises and not knowing if you'll be able to keep her straight. Yeah baby.

Ahhh for the good old days :rockwoot: But thanks to the EPA those days are gone.

We now have to eek out power from tiny engines that sound like crap and need to be wound up to ultra high RPMs to produce anything more than negligable horsepower and still provide very little torque. That is one reason why I like diesels. Tons of torque at the low end, with the right gearing it does some amazing things and still gives the EPA mandated high mileage and low emissions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom