• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    So what you are saying is that if I use the "Ignore User" feature in the USER CP to exclude Jedi's posts then I'm not going to miss anything :):

... pretty much. :D

On a related note: I think Jedi is in need of an [STRIKE]intervention[/STRIKE] Code Red from every English/Grammar teacher in his lifetime. :rolleyes:

OK now who wants to touch sadclown's buttstock?

That incident with the Ruger really messed you up, didn't it?

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    ... pretty much. :D

On a related note: I think Jedi is in need of an [STRIKE]intervention[/STRIKE] Code Red from every English/Grammar teacher in his lifetime. :rolleyes:

That incident with the Ruger really messed you up, didn't it?

The incident with the ruger was so traumatic that every time it's mentioned he ends up in the fetal position...(laughing is @$$ off!!)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @wd

Oh so true my teachers are either rolling in their graves or doing :facepalm: but not because of my downgrade of the english language but over what Itold them. I warned them back when I was a little lad in 2nd grade that computers would be the downfall of grammer/language but instead of listening to my why i was sent to the corner for time out. In public school I got the same treatment and my only espace was being able to write comments in my computer programing code or when I wrote stories in english class and used "bla...bla" to show that the character was speaking different then what should be written.

But fast forward and look at the millenium generation and the one after and read there txt msg or there easys and you will see what I warned them about.

The english/grammer is evolving/changing due to the way we communicate now but alas some dinos just refuse to see this and just like the last time those dinos will also become extinct if they don't learn to adapt.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    @wd

But fast forward and look at the millenium generation and the one after and read there txt msg or there easys and you will see what I warned them about.

The english/grammer is evolving/changing due to the way we communicate now but alas some dinos just refuse to see this and just like the last time those dinos will also become extinct if they don't learn to adapt.

If language evolve too fast, information is lost.
    And because a group of people have changed, does not mean all must.

I've seen a lot of things brought out as "the latest and greatest", and seen them left in the dustbins of history.

Grammar rules are to help people communicate. When people reading your post have to stop and translate, then you stop getting your post across.

Texting abbreviations/slang are for real time typed conversations.
    We are not reading your posts real time.

I have enough trouble keeping up in the tech field I work in, and reading tech manual-speak. I have no desire to learn another speak (maybe russian, arabic, spanish, etc).

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I hope Jedi doesn't confuse a devolving language form (thug-speak, texting, etc.) with an evolving/developing language. Actaeon has hit the nail on the head. When people stop understanding what you write, you have ceased communicating.

Honestly, I'm glad Melensdad is here to crack the whip. If you are correct, we'll (Melensdad) be sitting around talking in secret code (proper English) while the thugs run around mumbling jibberish in a few years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom