Not open for further replies.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    @ WD

I usually don't run the battle belt. I might now, I finally have a holster for it.

I run on my regular belt:
    2 pistol pouches
    1 rifle pouch
    2 shotgun shell holders holding 6 each

The great thing about 3 gun is there is no limit on rounds in a mag. I can get 17 in my pistol mags. If a stage needs more than that, I need to concentrate on the front sight more.

I got a safariland dropleg that I can run now. It has level 3 retention and should be great for my class next month. I think I'll run it for 3 gun on Sunday. The dropleg will allow me to run the warbelt. Problem is I don't NEED to run the warbelt because that much ammo just isn't needed.

Are you planning on going?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    WD's battle belt looks like...
    medieval-armor-belt-with-etched-brass-accents-2.jpg

:whistle:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I have leads on some FN guns in TN. From what I heard there is a FNH SLP MK-1 Police3", an FNH SLP Police 3", and a PS90 going cheap. Anyone interested in any of them, throw a number out. They have to be shipped to an ffl. I will fwd any offers.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I usually don't run the battle belt. I might now, I finally have a holster for it.

I run on my regular belt:
    2 pistol pouches
    1 rifle pouch
    2 shotgun shell holders holding 6 each

The great thing about 3 gun is there is no limit on rounds in a mag. I can get 17 in my pistol mags. If a stage needs more than that, I need to concentrate on the front sight more.

I got a safariland dropleg that I can run now. It has level 3 retention and should be great for my class next month. I think I'll run it for 3 gun on Sunday. The dropleg will allow me to run the warbelt. Problem is I don't NEED to run the warbelt because that much ammo just isn't needed.

Are you planning on going?

@TS4

I know you had at least one "Double Decker" (rifle/pistol) pouch on your battle belt at BORCC. Did you have any rifle only pouches? were the pistol pouches, pistol only? double rifle?

What kind of shotgun shell holders? from HSGI or another manufacturer? I know the shotgun shell holder I want (for competition) isn't practical (or affordable) in the real world so I'm asking, "What's on your belt?"

Also ... H-Harness?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm putting together my gear and want to square things away before purchasing.

Yes, I will be at the Multi-Gun on Sunday with my kid. This will be the last time we shoot "gear down" style. We should have all the tacti-cool stuff for next year. We'll be rocking the GLOCK's, LWRC's and the Mossy. My kid is still considering the SOCOM II in place of the LWRC ... we'll see what he decides. Hanging around you has infected me with a new thought ... I've been pondering a CZ. I keep going back to the M&S where I sampled your CZ (not familiar with CZ's or the model numbers). I can see a CZ in my future down the road (maybe even a SIG).

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    WD's battle belt looks like...
    medieval-armor-belt-with-etched-brass-accents-2.jpg

:whistle:

Hey, did you snap that pic in the mirror? Looks an awful lot like your planned oufit for the M&S (might be a bit too manly though). With the cobblestones and boarded up building in the background, it looks like your neighborhood. :laugh: :laugh:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    He can shoot so who am I to judge?

You on the other hand...

I don't need to know who to shoot when I can just turn all of you in. ;)

I love sitting in DR's waiting rooms. NOT!

Well whatever you have make sure you don't bring it this coming Sunday!

Hey, did you snap that pic in the mirror? Looks an awful lot like your planned oufit for the M&S (might be a bit too manly though). With the cobblestones and boarded up building in the background, it looks like your neighborhood. :laugh: :laugh:

:rofl:
    Well the rule is going to be that if you (general you) don't go to the meet & shoot and see the PINKFather yourself (general you) then you won't be able to poke fun. ;) No clue when the PINKFather will make another apperance.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    @TS4

I know you had at least one "Double Decker" (rifle/pistol) pouch on your battle belt at BORCC. Did you have any rifle only pouches? were the pistol pouches, pistol only? double rifle?
    Yes. I have pouches that are rifle/pistol and double rifle pouches. While expensive, I don't see any other pouches that are so modular.

What kind of shotgun shell holders? from HSGI or another manufacturer? I know the shotgun shell holder I want (for competition) isn't practical (or affordable) in the real world so I'm asking, "What's on your belt?"

Real world is important to me. Right now practical is where I want to be due to the dual purpose of classes/competition. I like these:
    AP Customs 4x4 Shotshell Shell Carrier Blade Tech Tek Loc Clip

I use these:
    California Competition Works Six-Shell Tactical Stripper: Magazines and Speedloaders
    The downside to that one is I can't hold 6 rounds in my hand. I can hold 3 for now, but I need to practice to get 4 in there. The 4x4 is a MUCH better solution.

Also ... H-Harness?

I haven't needed one, but I'll get back to you after running the belt for 16 hours.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm putting together my gear and want to square things away before purchasing.

Yes, I will be at the Multi-Gun on Sunday with my kid. This will be the last time we shoot "gear down" style. We should have all the tacti-cool stuff for next year. We'll be rocking the GLOCK's, LWRC's and the Mossy. My kid is still considering the SOCOM II in place of the LWRC ... we'll see what he decides. Hanging around you has infected me with a new thought ... I've been pondering a CZ. I keep going back to the M&S where I sampled your CZ (not familiar with CZ's or the model numbers). I can see a CZ in my future down the road (maybe even a SIG).

I love CZs. I don't know that I'll ever go back. I'm now looking at the SP-01 shadow.
    CZ 75 SP01 SHADOW PolyCoat 9mm

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I was serious when I asked about 22/45 mods, anything you guys would consider almost necessary?

NO PINK, JEDI!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I put my PA red dot on it already. I really want to do the magazine disconnect safety removal mod. I think they're stupid and the magazine not falling free is irritating.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah, I do like the reflex type sights better than the tube dots. I also have a Burris 2x handgun scope that used to be on my Super Redhawk sitting around too.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I put my PA red dot on it already. I really want to do the magazine disconnect safety removal mod. I think they're stupid and the magazine not falling free is irritating.

On a range gun like that, I don't worry too much about drop free mags, but to each their own.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I was serious when I asked about 22/45 mods, anything you guys would consider almost necessary?

NO PINK, JEDI!

Well being that you are from saint john you can not have pink anyways. PINKfather rule #1245.

Schererville Walmart

Federal 100 round Value Pack, .45 ACP, 230 grain FMJ @ $29.97

Anybody need/want some?

No one needs ammo but we all want ammo you know.
    Now in pre-school they taught us that if you are not going to bring enough for all then don't bring any. So.... are you buying for all of us. He,he,he...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom