• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    In other news, since my get drunk plans last Thursday never came into realization, I plan on drinking today. Just not sure where, but pretty sure it will include Jack Daniels, Coors Light and possibly Woodchuck.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    But this way it gives me stuff to read, and access to my scores and reports all year long. Which I want to keep tabs on since I'm in the rebuilding stage now after 4 years off work and countless negative hits I've taken.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm bored, so I just enrolled in LifeLock.
    I did that a while back. Someone tried to open accounts in my name. LifeLock took care of all of it. It was totally painless for me.

:facepalm: it's cheaper and FREE to just write to the 3 cb agencies and tell them to LOCK your file. They give you a pin to unlock. Iirc u can even do it online.
    Problem with that is that it does not stop charges on the credit cards/debit cards you already have. Nor does it stop the transfers of funds out of your banking account.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I did that a while back. Someone tried to open accounts in my name. LifeLock took care of all of it. It was totally painless for me.

Problem with that is that it does not stop charges on the credit cards/debit cards you already have. Nor does it stop the transfers of funds out of your banking account.

You don't check you cc's and bank accoutns daily or weekly? :dunno:
    If someone is chargeing your ccs or moving money out of your funds you got bigger issues than locking your credit file.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    You don't check you cc's and bank accoutns daily or weekly? :dunno:
    If someone is chargeing your ccs or moving money out of your funds you got bigger issues than locking your credit file.

As a matter of fact I do check my bank accounts every day. Corporate and personal accounts all show up on the same screen and give me total control.

But those checks occur AFTER THE FACT.

The newest scams out there involve people transferring money out of your bank accounts. Notifying the credit bureaus to lock access to your file at their service does NOTHING to prevent people from taking money from your accounts.

LifeLock may not be free, but it does provide a service that may be worthwhile to many people. If you don't have money in your accounts, then its not really an issue.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

As a matter of fact I do check my bank accounts every day. Corporate and personal accounts all show up on the same screen and give me total control.

But those checks occur AFTER THE FACT.

The newest scams out there involve people transferring money out of your bank accounts. Notifying the credit bureaus to lock access to your file at their service does NOTHING to prevent people from taking money from your accounts.

LifeLock may not be free, but it does provide a service that may be worthwhile to many people. If you don't have money in your accounts, then its not really an issue.

Chase and ING have txt & email notifications on ANY activity on your accounts you know.
    I withdraw greater than $1 on my accounts and my droid is alerting me via txt and email.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's weird how one day I can jog 2.5 miles in a half hour without stopping, and another I only make it 0.5 before that side stitch hits me like a ton of bricks.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Chase and ING have txt & email notifications on ANY activity on your accounts you know.
    I withdraw greater than $1 on my accounts and my droid is alerting me via txt and email.

I refuse to use national banks, my bank is local. My money stays local. My banker is local. My mortgage is not a Fannie or Freddie mortgage, its all 100% held locally. My bank didn't need a bailout.

As far as the text/email. That is after the fact? If so then that is too late!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well my bank washington mutal was gobbled up by chase. My other bank is a credit union. ING is my biz accoutn bank and that is now Capital One. Gggrrrr

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :runaway:

We have rednecks at cabelas right now!! I spotted bubba and auntieB in the store.
    Also the thug GB is there as well.

Man I can't go anywhere now a days without being spotted.
    Lol

No lowendgenerator btw looks like it will just be cloths for me tomorrow at the events they did not have the .30 carbine caliber dies. Sigh

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I wish it could be noted that it should be pronounced with a British accent!

Hey Napalm, you still have that speed tape on your engine?

Bastages... the pair of you.

Yes, and it still gives me an extra 10HP at the wheels. :P

Looking at buying a Grand Prix though... wife says no :( Even though its cheap as hell.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom